Thread: Too hard for the fun to last...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Too hard for the fun to last...

We all know there was a thread recently where we discussed games that we ALMOST beat but gave up on...what games did you just plain get sick of within the first week?
    I played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter for about 3 days before I stored it away for good. Okay, maybe not for good...some day, maybe 10 years from now, Ill feel the need to break it out and prove something to myself. Other than the difficulty, the game was fun. But since 3 days after its release...it will get no more play by me. Die and start over...but with all the gear youve earned. Thats not too bad but I cant stand going through the same things more than twice. (That depends on the genre though)
    View My Wanted List Here

You're in trouble, program. Why don't you make it easy on yourself. Who's your user?

END OF LINE

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny you should mention....

I'm an RPG fan and my friend recently warned me not to waste time or cash on that game.

I got sick of Need For Speed Underground....cheap AI and annoying graphics. Guess what? I bought it again last week, this time on PS2. The lesser graphic capablilities of the PS2 make the annoying graphics alot less "shiny"....and therefore infinitely more playable. The controller is much better suited than the XboX one as well.

Other than that.....I'm sitting here surrounded by a whole room full of games that have failed to keep me hooked for one reason or another.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up Virtua Tennis for the GBA the other day. Good lord. Maybe I'm just terrible at tennis or something, but I could not with a single game. The closest I've come is winning one out 3 matches...with an AI partner. Some of the mini-games I can't even come close to winning. I played it for about two hours the evening I got it, then the next day for an hour or so. Haven't touched it since. 3 hours and not able to win a single match??? It good reviews - I assume those reviewers are much better at this game than I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Too hard for the fun to last...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleatis
    We all know there was a thread recently where we discussed games that we ALMOST beat but gave up on...what games did you just plain get sick of within the first week?
    I played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter for about 3 days before I stored it away for good. Okay, maybe not for good...some day, maybe 10 years from now, Ill feel the need to break it out and prove something to myself. Other than the difficulty, the game was fun. But since 3 days after its release...it will get no more play by me. Die and start over...but with all the gear youve earned. Thats not too bad but I cant stand going through the same things more than twice. (That depends on the genre though)
    Its the hardest RPG I've ever beaten, but it was well worth it IMO. By the end of the game you will be praying to god for a save token or even a save spot but none will be found. Brutaly hard game if you dont know what your doing, I shure as hell didn't. Read a FAQ before you play it.

Other then that I've been able to beat every game I've tried to, I think as far as current RPGs go BOF is as hard as it gets.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    I got sick of Need For Speed Underground....cheap AI and annoying graphics...The lesser graphic capablilities of the PS2 make the annoying graphics alot less "shiny"....and therefore infinitely more playable.
    Funny you should mention that. NFSU happens to be another one on my list. The "shiny" is what ruined it for me. I cant tell where the street is. (and thats the PS2 version) I just ended up memorizing the tracks. I did that for 3 days and I got pretty good. (Im usually pretty good at arcade racers) I built my car up pretty good too. Anyway, so 3 days after its release, I take it online to match it up against all the other drivers, I wanted to see how well I did compared to them. I got lapped 2x in my first lap. I got pissed (cuz I hate cheaters and I couldnt believe that with all the time I had put into the game over the first 3 days of its release that someone else would be able to do THAT much better than me...he obviously cheated.)
    View My Wanted List Here

You're in trouble, program. Why don't you make it easy on yourself. Who's your user?

END OF LINE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Halo 2 definitely counts on the hardest two difficulty levels. I've gotten a ways along the first level on Legendary - I've no clue how one's supposed to beat multiple elites and stuff when their accuracy is so good, when your ammo is finite and when their shields recharge as fast as yours do!

For an arcade game, Act-Fancer Cybernetic Weapon counts as well. The powered-up suit forms are cool but don't stick around long enough; the first boss battle takes far too long and there's no variation in the boss pattern to make things interesting. That's just the first level, too!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Halo 2 definitely counts on the hardest two difficulty levels. I've gotten a ways along the first level on Legendary - I've no clue how one's supposed to beat multiple elites and stuff when their accuracy is so good, when your ammo is finite and when their shields recharge as fast as yours do!

For an arcade game, Act-Fancer Cybernetic Weapon counts as well. The powered-up suit forms are cool but don't stick around long enough; the first boss battle takes far too long and there's no variation in the boss pattern to make things interesting. That's just the first level, too!
    Ive heard people talk about Halo 2 before. I think that setting is just for those people who live & breathe Halo 2...play until their eyes bleed. I guess thats pretty obvious though...I have known people like that though.
    View My Wanted List Here

END OF LINE