Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Takin' it all in, folks. Don't worry - we'll add all kinds of bells and whistles to make the app more user-friendly and easy to navigate. Just give it time

... and thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

It's looking great so far, Joe! I already took the liberty of adding many Castlevania and Contra games to my "Owned" list... dammit, I still have many things to fiddle with. Keep up the grand work, sir!
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is totally awesome! I have everything but my PlayStation list finished, but I need to go back and verify that there aren't any other games in my collection that aren't in the database yet. I only found one so far, and it's already been reported by someone else. Totally sweet that imports are in the database as well! You guys really did a great job with that section! I haven't found an import in my collection that's not in the database yet! I have a long way to go on my wishlist though. I think I'm gonna limit it to games I'm currently searching for, and add more as I get ones on my list.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Just added my whole collection to the system, right quick too. Really didn't take long. As long as we're suggesting stuff though, I thought I'd mention my personal biggest desires for the system.

1. Totals/averages for everything. # of games in collection, broken down by system, average scarcity, ect.

That'll do it Great work guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize - I searched for 'Dreamcast collection next', and found nothing that looked relevant.

I can't seem to load page 2 (or any of the following) when I search for any and all Dreamcast items. I click 'Next' at the top of the page and nothing happens. Thinking it may rely on some IE-only code, I tried using IE to view the page, and that didn't work either.

DC is the only system I have a respectable collection for, so I'd like to be able to enter my DC games. Please?

Thanks guys.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMyBro
    I can't seem to load page 2 (or any of the following) when I search for any and all Dreamcast items. I click 'Next' at the top of the page and nothing happens. Thinking it may rely on some IE-only code, I tried using IE to view the page, and that didn't work either.
    If you're using Firefox, then you probably need to upgrade. I had that problem with 0.9, but upgrading to 1.0 fixed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shoot, you're right. I thought I'd upgraded, but that must have been on my laptop.

And I would have sworn I'd tried it in IE as well, but that appears to be working now.

False alarm. Sorry about that.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    As long as we're suggesting stuff though, I thought I'd mention my personal biggest desires for the system.

1. Totals/averages for everything. # of games in collection, broken down by system, average scarcity, ect.

That'll do it Great work guys.
    I second this.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adding my stuf as well. We need demo carts added as well like for snes, n64 etc, I have ken griffey jr's winning run nfr demo. also I have a couple of xbox demo discs that aren't listed as well metal arms, and rocky.

Be nice if we had a box to check if it was complete missing manual etc, and maybe a pictire of the box etc, hell I would pay for that myself.

Also need to be able to list how many we have of a particular game as well.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by brykasch
    Adding my stuf as well. We need demo carts added as well like for snes, n64 etc, I have ken griffey jr's winning run nfr demo. also I have a couple of xbox demo discs that aren't listed as well metal arms, and rocky.
    Post any missing items in their own topic within the Guide and Database forum! They're getting taken care of as requests like these are made.

Be nice if we had a box to check if it was complete missing manual etc, and maybe a pictire of the box etc, hell I would pay for that myself.
    Because it's so variable we're adding a comment field for every game on your list. Pictures are coming as well (see the WonderSwan and AdventureVision sections for a preview), it's a long process but we're always working towards that.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great work. Its nice to be able to see what you got.

Not sure if mentioned, but is it possible to add a button to select a random game from your collection. I allways want to play something, then sit in front of the bookshelf staring for a half an hour.
    It would be nice not to think and just go grab a game and play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Post any missing items in their own topic within the Guide and Database forum! They're getting taken care of as requests like these are made.
    i thought demos and review versions of released games shouldn't be included in the db??
    -Jan

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    i thought demos and review versions of released games shouldn't be included in the db??
    If you're referring to prototypes or betas of released games, you're right - there will not be a separate line item for these. We'll just give you a comment field where you can mention this.

If you're referring to demo versions of games, we include those. There's even a separate section just for them (see main search page "Sections").

Hope this helps clarify things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're referring to demo versions of games, we include those. There's even a separate section just for them (see main search page "Sections").
    ah yeah, i knew about that, i wasn't making myself clear... what my actual question is is this: what exactly is a demo, and what not? i always thought the mentioned snes demos were in fact full versions used to show the game in stores or whatever. now, with the dreamcast pal white labels, are they any different? you said i should not list those, but they are also full versions used for reviews and afaik for stores too. so where's the difference? or are the snes demos limited somehow? if they are i understand it, if not, well then not
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0) Wonder_Hamster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I obviously missed this, but are PC games just going to be ignored here?
    In need of repair: Atari 5200, Colecovision, Pioneer Laseractive CLD-A100
    http://users.ign.com/collection/HamsterX

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

DP guides have never covered the PC and won't in the foreseeable future (as the guide only contains formats that used cartridges/CDs/DVDs/memory cards).

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    ah yeah, i knew about that, i wasn't making myself clear... what my actual question is is this: what exactly is a demo, and what not? i always thought the mentioned snes demos were in fact full versions used to show the game in stores or whatever. now, with the dreamcast pal white labels, are they any different? you said i should not list those, but they are also full versions used for reviews and afaik for stores too. so where's the difference? or are the snes demos limited somehow? if they are i understand it, if not, well then not
    I don't know how they're different, but if they're betas or prototypes (or store demos) that are the same as the retail release, then they won't be included in the database as separate entries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know how they're different, but if they're betas or prototypes (or store demos) that are the same as the retail release, then they won't be included in the database as separate entries.
    ok, thx for clearing that up, now i'd only like someone to comment wether the snes demos are different from the final release or not?
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An idea...I don't know how hard this would be to program, but if a person could just enter in the game name and the system name on the "my lists" screen, then it could automatically detect which game they're speaking of and add it. It'd be easier than going through the checking process in the online rarity guide that is the current system.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilsrain
    An idea...I don't know how hard this would be to program, but if a person could just enter in the game name and the system name on the "my lists" screen, then it could automatically detect which game they're speaking of and add it. It'd be easier than going through the checking process in the online rarity guide that is the current system.
    I've thought about this before, but I'm not sure how the system would determine between US and non-US releases, or games with the same title and manufacturer across various systems (ie "Frogger/Parker Bros"). It would be more of a pain in the ass to us as collectors to ALSO have to enter the section, region the game comes from, game system, title AND manufacturer.

Hence, the checklist system. When such variances occur, you simply choose one.

Appreciate the thoughts though. Keep 'em coming!