Thread: Has anybody done a Ebay pricing guide for 16 bit carts?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Has anybody done a Ebay pricing guide for 16 bit carts?

Has anybody done any kind of pricing guide for what video games typically fetch on Ebay?

I'm primarily interested in what Genesis, SNES, TG-16, Sega CD, Master System , NES, Jaguar, 32X and games like that go for, loose on Ebay.

I would think that the only way to have a really good feel, would be to some how do a search on specific loose carts, and look at the results of a large number of auctions and average out the total bill for final bid and shipping cost.

Has anybody already done something like this?

If not, I would be willing to do some work on the project if anybody wants to work on such a project. It will take a helluva lotta work, but if we could get enough people to all contribute....cover a certain portion of a system.

Man, I don't know. It would take tons and tons of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Re: Has anybody done a Ebay pricing guide for 16 bit carts?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Has anybody done any kind of pricing guide for what video games typically fetch on Ebay?

I'm primarily interested in what Genesis, SNES, TG-16, Sega CD, Master System , NES, Jaguar, 32X and games like that go for, loose on Ebay.

I would think that the only way to have a really good feel, would be to some how do a search on specific loose carts, and look at the results of a large number of auctions and average out the total bill for final bid and shipping cost.

Has anybody already done something like this?

If not, I would be willing to do some work on the project if anybody wants to work on such a project. It will take a helluva lotta work, but if we could get enough people to all contribute....cover a certain portion of a system.

Man, I don't know. It would take tons and tons of work.

i like your idea, but i dont think shipping should be figured in

your not paying the shipping for the game, your paying it for the service of having the game packaged and delivered to your mail box

other than that, its a lot of work, so if anyone takes this project on, good luck
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Considering the fact that eBay prices fluctuate so wildly, it seems like a hell of a lot of work for very little gain (if any). The DP guide has a ballpark price attached to each listing. That, combined with a quick check on completed auctions for whatever item(s) you're considering purchasing, is really all you need.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Has anybody done a Ebay pricing guide for 16 bit carts?

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    your not paying the shipping for the game, your paying it for the service of having the game packaged and delivered to your mail box
    nah, you have to use the total incl. shipping

1) it's the amount you loose on your account, that alone should be enough reason
    2) if you paid 2 bucks for a complete snes game and shipping is 4 bucks that raises the price by 200%, you can't ignore that and just say you got it for 2
    3) the shipping costs often decide how much the highest bid is for cheaper items, for a 200 bucks item people don't care if it's 5 or 6 shipping, but for a 1 dollar winning bid it really differs if you pay 2 or 6 for shipping, it could absolutely be that a game often fetches only 1 dollar because it always has $5 shipping costs in these auctions, every auction with 2-3 dollar shipping goes up to 3-5 bucks... what would you take as average price? definetly 1 buck would be wrong wrong wrong. it would have to be 5-6 bucks
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There was a UK-based attempt to track eBay prices a year or so back, which looked pretty promising in it's early stages. However, I've not been able to find the link again since so I don;t know if anything actualy came of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    There was a UK-based attempt to track eBay prices a year or so back, which looked pretty promising in it's early stages. However, I've not been able to find the link again since so I don;t know if anything actualy came of it.
    i know the site you're talking about, afaik it's still active and i have a bookmark of it at home but i can't remember it's name right now, it's an co.uk url and it's something like Die Hard...
    -Jan

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it was www.diehardgamer.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Anthony1 do yourself a favor and buy the Digital Press Advanced book if you havent already. It has $ values for the lower end of what you can expect to pay and how high you'll go is up to you. The prices are quite accurate and help me out almost daily! Very good reading material too!