Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: MegaDrive Encyclopedia - Factory Sealed

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default For Sale: MegaDrive Encyclopedia - Factory Sealed

I'm in a very desperate situation. I need $100 by this Sunday, or I'm totally screwed. A friend of mine is going to loan me the money, but may not be able to come up with it in time. So here's the situation. I have a factory sealed MegaDrive Encyclopedia that I don't really want to have to sell, but I may have no other choice, if my friend or someone else can't loan me the money in time. It cost me $75 shipped to get it, so if I were to sell it, that's the least that I could accept for it. Would anyone here be interested in it for that price, or better yet, would anyone be willing to offer me the full $100 that I need for it? I really don't want to have to sell it, and I would much rather just get a loan for it, but I don't know if anyone here would be willing to work that out with me or not. My friend says that he can loan me the money for sure, but he can't say for sure that he can do it in time. So I only have a gap of a few days to sweat it, but my deadline for coming up with all the money is approaching fast. So it's either sell it or get a loan for it, and if I sell it then I'm gonna have to sell it here or on ebay, before this Sunday is over. Which means that I am really sweating it right now, and I need help!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps a couple of pics and a description of the item may help to generate some more interest in assisting me with my plight, so here's a little more info:

The MegaDrive Encyclopedia is a book that lists every game ever made for the (Genesis) MegaDrive in Japan. It's 554 pages of photos, screenshots, and descriptions of each game for the Japanese MegaDrive system. And as a bonus, it includes a miniature MegaDrive system, complete with a controller and 2 cartridges. The cartridges are Virtua Fighter 2 and Comix Zone. Yes, the descriptions are written in Japanese, but I believe that the names of the games are written in Japanese and English. This is a limited edition box set, but I'm not sure how many were produced. Anyhow, if you're a fan of the Genesis at all, this is a must-have item! It may be all about Japanese games, but where else can you get your very own miniature Sega Genesis system?

Here's a couple of pics:

FRONT

BACK

I've seen these go for as much as $125 plus shipping on ebay before already, so it's a good investment, and it's sure to go up in value as the years go by!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do the Japanese get all the cool stuff? I'm sure they could sell more here if they did one for Genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well this just totally SUCKS! I just talked to my friend, and he said that the earliest that he can get the money to me is on Monday, a day later than I need it. So I guess I'm gonna have to sell this thing now. I have no other choice. I MUST have $100 by Sunday! So, I'm still asking $75 shipped for it. If anyone wants to be so kind as to offer me $100 for it, then so much the better. I really hate to have to go through the hassle of selling this thing over one lousy day of difference, and then have to order another one to replace it, but oh well. Unless someone here would be willing to loan me $100 until my friend comes through for me, which will only be another week at the latest, and probably just one more day than I have to come up with the money, then I have no other choice. This item simply must be sold! So, if you're interested, send me a PM. I don't know what else to do. I have no other options. There's no one else I know who can loan me the money I need, and this is the only thing that I have of enough value that I'm willing to sell. I don't even have anything that I can take to a pawn shop for $100. So here it is, one of my most prized possessions, looking for a new home.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

C'mon people, PLEASE help me out here. Somebody has to want this for only $75 shipped. You can't get them still sealed for any less than that, and if you can, then I wanna know where you can get them for less than that! I MUST sell this by Sunday. I can come up with the other $25 that I need somehow, if I have to, but there's no way that I can come up with the rest by then, besides selling this. I know that somebody here has to want this! And if you want to help me out with a loan, I should only need it for a day, or a week at the most. I could even pay you back with interest if you want.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Please check the rules about asking for loans/money. We are going to start locking these threads, so please don't do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It cost you 75 US, and youre asking now 75 US?...

I guess it would be safer for anyone to buy it from a reliable store if it costs the same!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly

I guess it would be safer for anyone to buy it from a reliable store if it costs the same!
    And what makes you say that? It's never been opened! All I did was buy it and have it shipped to me! Why should I have to sell it for less than what I paid for it? And why are you implying that I'm not a reliable source for it? I have pics of the item posted, does it not look like it's still in mint condition? At least if you buy it from me, you get to see the actual item that you'll be receiving! Do you think that I got to see exactly which one I'd be getting beforehand? Nope! All I got to see was a standard generic pic of the item! I really don't understand why some people think that preowned must mean discounted to dirt cheap, when it's never even been opened. I understand it when it has been opened, but still sealed? Give me a break! It's still new!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK today's the day, I have to come up with $100 somehow, before this day is over! Doesn't anyone want to buy this thing? Isn't anyone willing to help at all? It will cost me $75 to replace this item, so I don't see why it's asking too much to ask for $75 to send it to someone else. I'll still be losing about $10 on the deal, because it costs about $10 to ship it. So how much more money do you think I should lose on it, just because I'm desperate? I'll be very lucky to come up with the other $25 I need, if I sell this thing for $75, so what do you want me to do? Just give it to you? You're not willing to just give me any money, are you? So why should I sell this item for any less? Sometimes I really don't understand some of the attitudes on this site at all!

Get BIT!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sheesh. And you're questioning the attitudes of *others* on this site. I don't think this has anything to do with folks wanting to help you or not, but rather the fact that no one is interested in paying that price for that item. Is it worth more? Maybe. Does that mean that everyone should jump onto this price? Not at all. I'm sorry you're in a bad financial situation - I'm having a pretty shitty weekend myself, actually, so I can understand. But don't get bent at the people here because no one's buying your book.

Didn't you just spend a few hundred bucks on Hyper Duel? If you really need the money, then maybe you should've tried selling something like that. A little more desirable.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today is Sunday and it is the Deadline.

Sorry to hear about your bad finances. I recently had a car crash myself (and as you can guess, mostly inconvinient and unpredicted), I just had paid for a US Dragon Force Red Dragon version and went as dry as the Sahara. The carcrash costed me 700 bucks, so that's why I am selling my stuff.

But I never jumped into someone's neck to suck his blood and I didn't ask for help. I have my stuff, maybe the prices are a little bit too high for US standards but BELIEVE ME, I am selling far cheaper than I originally paid for them. I could get over my crisis without harassing anyone else or spitting on their faces for not buying my stuff. Yup, I understand what is like to be ignored.

Yet that doesn't give you any rights to offend ALL OF US by judging our attitudes.

If I should have known I was going to crash (WELL OK OK I might have NOT turned right at that moment, I KNOW HAHAHA ) I would have NEVER purchased that Dragon Force, no matter how beatiful it was. You saw it coming, you didn't duck, who's fault is it?

I suggest that, as the Deadline is upon, the thread to be closed for the good of everyone. REALLY.
    ...No more, it's over, I'm on to you and your evil games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And so I rest my case! Would you be willing to sell something that took you 10 years to find after you had it for only a week? Would you be willing to sell something that cost you $75 to obtain it, and to replace it with the exact same item in the exact same condition again, for anything less than that? Do you even have a logical explanation for the attitude of the above quote? I have a logical explanation for it: It's called CHEAP! If it isn't screwing a fellow forum member, why bother? Might as well just buy it from a regular store! So much for us helping each other here. So much for community support. If I hadn't opened that $300 Hyper Duel, and I was trying to sell it here, would anyone here be willing to pay me $300 for it? NOPE, not even close! Maybe $150, if that. Because that's the way that this site works. Screw the seller! Nobody wants to buy a darned thing here if it isn't way less than it's worth!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Because that's the way that this site works. Screw the seller! Nobody wants to buy a darned thing here if it isn't way less than it's worth!
    Then, WHY did you jumped here in a first place?
    Why not to sell it at ePay???

Do not blame us. As I said, you saw it comming and didn't duck, who's fault is it?

Your Honour, the prosecution rests.

May someone close this thread, please? For the Sake of everyone else, specially the starter?

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are so wrong.

This site is all about helping people out.

Didn't you see the Posts where Flack and everyone here helped the Lady get her kids Christmas Presents. And what about all the times someones had to sell their systems to put their kids in the Hospital or because of car wrecks.

Heck I help people out here all the time. I've sent people Pay-pal money just so they can buy something from a seller who wont take CC payments. And I've bought stuff off Ebay for members who live in other countries and sent it to them at aloss to myself.

So at some point you might want to stop and think that it might be you and not this Site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon

And so I rest my case! Would you be willing to sell something that took you 10 years to find after you had it for only a week? Would you be willing to sell something that cost you $75 to obtain it, and to replace it with the exact same item in the exact same condition again, for anything less than that? Do you even have a logical explanation for the attitude of the above quote? I have a logical explanation for it: It's called CHEAP! If it isn't screwing a fellow forum member, why bother? Might as well just buy it from a regular store! So much for us helping each other here. So much for community support. If I hadn't opened that $300 Hyper Duel, and I was trying to sell it here, would anyone here be willing to pay me $300 for it? NOPE, not even close! Maybe $150, if that. Because that's the way that this site works. Screw the seller! Nobody wants to buy a darned thing here if it isn't way less than it's worth!
    You have a bad attitude towards life, and maybe you think its everybody´s job to help you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excuse me? Who is jumping into who's neck and trying to suck who's blood here? I am only trying to break even on what I have for sale, and I'm being treated as though I'm price gouging it! And you all think that I'M offending YOU? By all means, just close the stupid thread. Nothing but CHEAPSKATES here anyway, and the only way this will ever sell is if I offer it for WAY less than what everyone here KNOWS it's worth. This has happened with every item that I've ever tried to sell here. Nobody ever wants it until it's almost FREE. You don't like to hear the truth? Then stop being so freakin' CHEAP. You all KNOW that most people here are the CHEAPEST people on earth. Most people here BRAG about how CHEAP they are. So just FORGET IT. It's not for sale anymore. And I doubt that I will ever even bother trying to sell anything here again. There's NO point in it, unless I want to LOSE money.

Get BIT!

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are the Weakest Link, Goodbye.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please, PLEASE, could someone end this topic and stop the insanity?

Please take your moanings somewhere else, would you?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

yes we're cheap, we're collectors, we have to be cheap or we'll run out of money and not be able to buy anything we want. The Hunt is part of collecting, its not just buying the item, its find a good deal for the item. i think just about every collector would agree its better to wait and pay less and be able to buy another item than it is to impulsively buy it the second you see it regardless of price and be broke.

its just a matter of necessity, sure your item is nice, but its expensive (its worth what you want for it, but its still a lot) and we simply cannot afford 75$ for a book. most people here can buy their most wanted game for that much (or close to). i know i can buy FF2 or Chrono Trigger complete in box for about $80 and id rather have one of those.

so please understand that its not that we are all simply greedy little bastards, we have to make choices. and spending $75, a worthy price, for a book is probably not on top of people's to do list. hell most of them can buy 4 - 20 games for the price.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any moderator, please close the topic, would you?

Pretty Please?