Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: NINTENDO PROTOTYPES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: NINTENDO PROTOTYPES

For the discriminating NES Collector who would like to add one or more PROTOTYPE EEPROM CARTRIDGES to their collection, I have a few items that might be of interest. You can see pictures of these items online at nesplayer.com by looking at the news section and clicking on various links to the games. You can also PM me and I could email you pictures. I’ve sold several prototypes recently through nesplayer, and someone suggested that there is a good-sized group of collectors that are involved in digital press so I thought it might be worthwhile to post these here:

ATARI/TEGEN AIRBALL (NES Prototype) – Developed by Tengen and never released. One of three (3) known examples, this appears to be one of the two later ones with a full Tengen black housing and no EEPROM cutouts. I had a standing offer of $1000.00 from a Euro collector, but he appears to have run into money problems... so I'm open to offers. This is probably the rarest of all NES unreleased games.

SOLD - NATSUME - BACKGAMMON (white cart prototype) – Developed by NATSUME, this is a demo closed case EEPROM. Appears to be a SNES PROTOTYPE EEPROM. Have done some research and it's looking like a one of a kind so unfortunately, the price is going to go up via the highest bidder method as I have had some inquiries. I have pix of the cart and EEPROMS inside, no screen shots. SOLD [/b][/color]

Flight of the Intruder (NES prototype) – Developed by Absolute and Microprose, this is a CES demo closed case EEPROMs. Screen shots available, price is $200.00 plus shipping & insurance.

Videomation (NES prototype) – Developed by Western Technologies, this is a demo cartridge with two exposed EEPROMS. One is socketed and one is soldered. Screen shots available, a and the price is $200.00 plus shipping and handling (I have two (2) of these).

Digger T. Rock’s Adventure (NES prototype) – Developed by RARE, this is a CES demo closed case EEPROMs. Screen shots available, price is $200.00 plus shipping & insurance. (I have two (2) of these)

Super Scrabble (Gameboy prototype) – Developed by Absolute and Imagineering, this is a very rare pre-release open-case socketed EEPROM complete with game ROM. I have not seen any other Game Boy EEPROM games like this with a socketed EEPROM. A clever person could dump the code and learn an awful lot about how the game was written. Price is $275.00 plus shipping & insurance.

NES EEPROM Prototype PCB – This is a genuine Nintendo PCB, brand-new, never used in pristine condition. A bare board… the price is $50.00 plus shipping. 2 SOLD

ABADOX EEPROMs – These are actual PROGRAM and CHARACTER EEPROMS with the CES full Natsume ABADOX game demo code that are loose (no cartridge). Price for the two (2) EEPROMs is $100.00 plus shipping & insurance.

MARBLE MADNESS EEPROMS – These are genuine and developed by RARE, but I am not sure as to whether they are Game Boy or NES EEPROMs. There are four (4) ROM chips and the price for all four (4) ROMs is $150.00 plus shipping & handling.

JORDAN vs BIRD EEPROMS – These are genuine and developed by RARE, but I am not sure as to whether they are Game Boy or NES EEPROMs. There are four (4) ROM chips and the price for all four (4) ROMs is $150.00 plus shipping & handling.

I’ve sold three (3) NES prototypes for $200.00 each, and also sold a Tengen XYBOTS for a good deal more, so I’m holding the price on the basic NES prototypes at $200.00 for the above-marked NES items (unless otherwise noted). Everything is on a first-come, first-served basis.

BUY IT ALL!While I doubt that any one individual would have the resources, I would bundle all the below listed items (minimal cumulative value $2375.00-$2700.00) for $1995.00 shipped and insured (coverage for $3000.00). All prices reflect shipping to the lower 48, and beyond that would be a premium. Items shipped out of the USA would probably have to be declared as "Samples - No Commercial Value" to keep customs surcharges down. This is what I've done with overseas buyers previously.

Included in the above bundle eight (8) prototypes, one (1) PCB, and twelve (12) loose EEPROMs as follows;
    1 PIECE - AIRBALL NES
    1 PIECE - BACKGAMMON ?
    1 PIECE - FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER NES
    2 PIECES - DIGGER'S ADVENTURE NES
    2 PIECES - VIDEOMATION NES
    1 PIECE - SUPER SCRABBLE GAMEBOY
    4 PIECES - ABADOX EEPROMS NES
    4 PIECES - MARBLE MADNESS ?
    4 PIECES - JORDAN VS BIRD EEPROMS ?

Mike at nesworld.com can vouch for my credibility. Considering AIRBALL could be worth $1000.00 getting all the other Prototypes and PCBs might be a bargain.[/b]

Doc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Copied to Prototyle Central for double coverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flack...

Thanks for the help. I didn't think double-posting was allowed.

Doc x_x

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought you sold the first two?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrafix
    Flack...

Thanks for the help. I didn't think double-posting was allowed.

Doc x_x
    It's really not. I just feel like TheRedEye gets lonely from time to time so I thought I'd shake off his cobwebs.

Technically this isn't a double post, it's just a thread that got moved from one place to the other with a "ghost topic" left, so it appears in both forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. No, in the past month I sold a ZR1, Xybots, and a Star Trek which I had two of. However long it takes, I'm going to get out of the prototype collection gig. And eBay won't let you sell prototypes anymore, even things like the PCBs! So there are all levels of collectors in these gamer forums, some are hard into prototypes, most are just into released games. Others want to play with the ROMs inside and look at the code, so they just want any prototype. And then there's those collectors that relaize a genuine prototype is still something that was never sold and there's an infinite number of these floating around and there can never be any increase in the number. Whatever floats your boat.

Still have what I listed plus some other Nintendo oddities (non-game stuff) and a basic collection of selected released games and controllers plus a modified NES deck. Sold my Super Famicom w/Disk drive last year.

BTW, who/what is The RedEye? Dead link?

Doc

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

drgrafix, I'd be interested in some of them, but you would have to come down on the prices.

Also, who did you sell this Airball to, and where did you get it? Same with Xybots. I myself have an Airball and Xybots already, so I am curious to know the history of yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dream...

I'd rather not get into how I acquired them, but I can say with a completely straight face that it was on the up and up, and several years ago.

I sold the Xybots... didn't realize there was another one out there... and the collector has asked that I keep his name and the price confidential.

As for the prices... I can't go down any further unless it was a bundle deal, and even then... it would depend. In your case, you'd obviously not want another Airball. I've been told/advised by others that I have to always remember that there is not an unlimited supply of NES prototypes floating around, and the supply will only decrease rather than increase because people sometimes pack these things away and somebody else throws them away without knowing their value. We've seen enough stories about tag sales and flea market finds. I had a Prince of Persia NES prototype and for some reason I didn't have the cart stored with my others. I can't find it so I don't know if it is lost or was thrown out. I'd hate to think a friend or relative "borrowed" it, but thats a possibility too. I'm still looking

Doc

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    It's really not. I just feel like TheRedEye gets lonely from time to time so I thought I'd shake off his cobwebs. ;)
    It's true, as evidenced by such topics as "post here and I will edit your posts" and "let's play forums kickball!"

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default f

You've gotta have your lady do something about all those cobwebs, Red.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

drgrafix, I have a little over 350 NES protos, so they can be acquired in some sort, which is why I think your prices may be a bit on the high end and about 6 years too late. I would like to trade for some if you were interested in any other stuff for other systems....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

PMs sent.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: f

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    You've gotta have your lady do something about all those cobwebs, Red.

-Rob
    Actually, I'm single now, and both of those threads were made while I wasn't. It's my theory that girls cause cobwebs with their spidery genitals, but I haven't gotten the necessary funding to do proper research yet.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats the non game stuff you have for sale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTR...

I respect your opinion, however the prices are pretty firm. Just sold another one 5 minutes ago. Since you have so mant protos, they are not as precious to you, but to someone who has one or two... or none, this is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    drgrafix, I have a little over 350 NES protos, so they can be acquired in some sort, which is why I think your prices may be a bit on the high end and about 6 years too late. I would like to trade for some if you were interested in any other stuff for other systems....
    And I'm not open to bartering as I don't really need anything. I'm happy with my Vectrex collection, my small NES collection, and three arcade pieces. Although they do take up a lot of room... especially the race drivin!

Doc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Portnoyd & QbertandErnie...

PMs sent, check your boxes. Pix will be in emails.

Doc

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

checked my box, no PM?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

qbertandernie...

Sorry... late night. Check your PM box.

Doc

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

drgraffix, it's not that, I just find it surprising that all of a sudden you are selling NES games at 200 a pop when myself and others have been putting up threads lately selling em for far less and we aren't getting much action with the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTR...

The last proto that sold on eBay was about three weeks ago. A GI Joe prototype that eBay didn't catch. It went for a little over $200.00 plus shipping.

IIIRC, one of the Airball games went for a grand, don't know if you paid that or the other guy, but if you had to sell yours now... would you ask less than what the last highest price was for that item?

Doc