Thread: Bad news for European PSP fans

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bad news for European PSP fans

The launch of the Nintendo DS in Europe last Friday brought handheld gamers across the pond a handful of joy. The launch of the DS beat its main competitor's expected release of the PSP to market by two weeks. Sony's first foray into the handheld market was expected to be released later this month, giving European gamers a viable choice between the two handhelds.

Those holding out for the PSP will have to watch Nintendophiles prance around with their dual-screen handhelds for a few months longer--the PSP's European release has been delayed. Georges Fornay, chief of Sony Computer Entertainment France, has confirmed the unit's delay. The release is being postponed "for several months" so that Sony can adequately provide enough PSPs to satisfy the consumer demand.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03...s_6120420.html
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought the PSP had been dropped to a June release ages ago after Nintendo announced a March release for the DS?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I seriously do not understand why Sony just doesn't bring another factory online to produce the PSP.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would require Sony to spend more money....besides, they enjoy creating high demands and limited quantities...it's like what they are known for. *cough cough* slim ps2 at christmas time *cough cough*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An inside rumour told me Sony intends to announce(!) the new european release date at E3. That's still two months off...
    I think Antarctica will get served before us Europeans do.... as usual...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know at times us Australians get it befor u guys too, but i dont understand, we are the same as you, also we both use PAL and etc so why dont we and you guys get it at the same time?

It sucks for you guys also it sucks for us guys too becasuse you too get it b4 us some times when we should get them at the same time.
    NES HERO
    Collection
    NES,SNES,N64,GCN,PSone,PS2,Atari 2600 Jr,GBP,GBC,SMS I and II,C64,Commodore 64,DVD.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah well, shit happends.
    There was a pricewar on the DS here. First it was at around $225, but then 2 stores started competing and the next day it was down to $150
    They sold it with loss, just to beat the other store hehe.
    I hope the same thing will happend with PSP. If not, I will most likely wait untill it drops in price.
    How much will PSP cost in Europe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mh is this news?

last thing i heard from someone from Sony was "we hope to make late May but it's more likely going to be June or even July"
    -Jan

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplehead2
    I know at times us Australians get it befor u guys too, but i dont understand, we are the same as you, also we both use PAL and etc so why dont we and you guys get it at the same time?

It sucks for you guys also it sucks for us guys too becasuse you too get it b4 us some times when we should get them at the same time.
    Localization can take <u>forever</u> to do for European PAL games because there are so many languages, unlike Austalia.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplehead2

Localization can take <u>forever</u> to do for European PAL games because there are so many languages, unlike Austalia.
    That makes sense... just use the US version and put it in Austrailian packaging.

I'm sure the conversion to PAL slows things down on the console side, but the PSP is a handheld so at least you don't have to wait for it to be optimized for PAL.

Cheers

:/
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to say this has anything to do with supply quantity is just a blatant lie.

given a choice right now of a entertainment unit to buy, 2 out of three people in the market for a unit will plump for one unit or another.
    the other thrid will over a period of a few months buy both units.
    if sony went head to head with Ninendo, then thier market share, will be 1/6(both unit buyers),plus 1/3, if equal amounts of units are bought from the people who would buy only one..
    meaning combined sales would be less than 50% of possible market share.
    waiting will re-envigor (is that a real word) people who normally would only buy one unit to take the newer one on the market as well as their DS. and in the mind of the less informed the PSP will be "newer technology"

I dont understand why thier is talk of conversion to pal..hasnt this got a built in proprietary screen ?

if they leave it to long though...XBOX2
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good! That means they will be easier to get ahold of here in America, since only two markets will be "competing" for deliveries from the factories.