Thread: fun with music for the Vic-20???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default fun with music for the Vic-20???

I recently acquired a very large amount of Vic-20 games and in the lot was a cart "Fun with Music" by Epyx. I tried to find some info on the cart without luck. Does this need to be added to the rartiy guide? I tried the online rarity guide with no luck. I searched the forums with no luck. Does anyone have any info/rarity for me? Thanks, John
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Insert Coin (Level 0) lakeflaccid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for rarity, I found this place, which lists it as "Extremely Rare." There're several other rarity lists which list it as ER also.

I couldn't find much else.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mentioned it in this brief discussion of non-game VIC-20 carts, so I believe Mayhem plans to add it to the database:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53833

Quote Originally Posted by lakeflaccid
    As for rarity, I found this place, which lists it as "Extremely Rare." There're several other rarity lists which list it as ER also.
    That list was made by Ward Shrake, who was the original VIC-20 section editor for DP. If other people are calling it ER, that's probably because they're copying Ward.

I personally would give it a rarity of 6 (slightly higher than Epyx' other cart, Monster Maze). As a utility cart and not a game I doubt the value is over $5 loose.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Now that I've got time etc...

Not easy being in charge of three sections here at DP HQ. I've just finished updating the C64 section, and hopefully I'll go about tuning up the Vic20 section this weekend. As Keir said, I'll be adding Fun With Music in to the listings. I own a copy myself, though just loose.

My current Vic20 collection is here: http://62.168.142.47/~mayhem/images/vic20games.xls

If you've got something I'm missing (ie. it isn't in the spreadsheet) on cartridge then let me know