Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
Actually, Evil Dead fans *are* getting their wish....
What, you mean the rumored Ash vs. Freddy vs. Jason flick? I understand that Campbell declared on his own website (down at the moment, otherwise I'd verify) that it's not happening.

-- Z.
Nah, I believe this was more along the lines of Evil Dead 4 finally being made by Sam Raimi, if I heard right. Plus there's the Evil Dead remake that no one will care about.
The website Bloody-Disgusting.com claimed on Feb. 4 that "Raimi will be directing and producing Evil Dead 4, which will star Bruce Campbell as Ash and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies."

Sci-Fi Wire quotes a Feb. 9 interview with Raimi: "'I'd like to [make ED4] one day,' he said. 'I can't promise that I will, but that is something I'd really like to do, and I'd like to pursue that. My brother [Ivan Raimi, a physician and Sam's frequent behind-the-scenes collaborator] and I have written down some ideas, but I think that's what we'll do. When the time comes, when we're done with the Spider-Man films, we'll sit down and write the script.'"

And BC said this in a March interview with The Beat: "I've already played the character for 12 years and how much longer do I need to do that? Because I'm a human being and I get bored. So that's just kinda how I work. Fans want more, but isn't the old saying leave 'em wanting more? Because if you give 'em too much, they get stuffed and they barf it all back up again."

So ED4 isn't exactly a lock yet. But we're getting another Evil Dead game from THQ later this year, with BC's voice and likeness...

-- Z.