Thread: Big Box of SNES EPROMS, boards, cases, and prototypes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Big Box of SNES EPROMS, boards, cases, and prototypes

About a year ago I got a pile of SNES EPROMs and boards as part of a larger trade.

There are just over 20 Eproms: All mixed - some 27c040, 27c1001,TC574000, 27C2001, various others.

A total of 6 boards:
    (2) x SHVC-4PV5B-01- also have board diagram and build of materials.
    (1) x SHVC-4PV5B-01 - U5 - SRAM marked as PAL.
    (1) x SHVC-2Q5B-03
    (1) x SHVC-2Q5B-03 -> Working Prototype, Believe the game is either Carrier Aces or Air Cavalry.
    (1) x SHVC-4PV5B-01 -> Working Prototype, Don't remember the game.

4 Plastic cartridge casings:
    (1) x New, no lables, no cuts, no screws
    (1) x Spectre - Synergistic Software, cut out on the back to account for added height of 2 stacked eproms. 1/5/94
    (1) x Mer Wars - Synergistic Software, cut on the back to account for the added height of 1 eprom and 1 digital chip.12/15/93
    (1) x Thunder Hawk - Synergistic Software, cut on the back to account for added height of 1 eprom. 12/15/93

When I first got these I spent about a week trying to make heads or tails of it and to see if I could come up with any other working prototypes. I read in all the eproms and the majority appear to be various versions of Carrier Aces and Air Cavalry. A few were blank.

The cut outs on the plastic cases don't really mate with the boards I have and the titles don't match anything I was able to read off the chips leading me to beleive they were aren't connected other than both now being in the same box. From the online rarity databse it appears that Carrier Aces was never released outside of Japan. It looks like Spectre wasreleased in the US. Both were by Cyber Soft which is one of the names I found in the eprom codes, where as Synergistic Software is printed on all the labels.

The short of it is, I never really collected for SNES. I investigated this as a side project and then quickly lost interest. Everything has has been sitting in the box in the corner of my office for the past year waiting for a more deserving collector to take it home. As such I am looking to sell this as a lot. Make me an offer and we can go from the there. As I said the bulk of the chips appear to be various revisions of Carrier Aces and Air Cavarly. Both looked very similiar to me, and may even have turned into the same game. I make no promises and since I don't know very much about the SNES or it's history I'll let someone else verify/correct the details if they can. I may still have the binary files on my PC, if I can locate them I'll burn them to CD, otherwise you will need to redo that part yourself. I can include my rough notes which may be of some help to you.

This is the perfect project for a rabid SNES collector, at the very least you would get 2 prototypes and the opportunity to document various revisions of a game that appears to not have been released in the US.

I am looking to sell this as a package. Trades will not be considered at this time (unless you have something equally unique). I only take US postal money orders and will ship priority mail with delivery confirmation to the US only. I'm sure you want some pictures, however since I don't feel like hosting one: if you are seriously interested then PM me your email and I'll send one off to you directly.

I will test the 2 working prototypes before shipping and can snap pictures before they leave my house to verify all is working. As for the extra eproms and boards, I will not guarantee that anything can be assembled out of them. Perhaps to someone a bit more knowledgable they are, but these are being sold as-is.

PM your offers!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since you aren't really asking for info on the protos or help with the boards, I'm going to push this off into buy/sell but I'll leave a copy of the original topic here so more people interested in protos see it.
    AlanD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be interested, but I'm not sure what you are looking to get out of these. I'll drop ya PM and see.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one serious offer that I'm mulling over right now, and a few others who have expressed interest.

I plan to make a decsion on this either tonight or the latest Monday evening. So if you plan to make an offer do so today. If you need to see pictures first, just shoot me a PM with your email address and I can send you copies of the pictures. ---Serious inquiries only.---