Name series that have the best games of the series on the older consoles. You maybe know that I use every possibility to bitch about the new Zelda or Metroid games because I like their old style better. But this time this is not what I mean.

I want you to name games that are better on the old systems but from a neutral point of view. Sounds confusinge? I'll give you an example: Dino Crisis!

I got Dino Crisis 3 for the X-Box and first I was amazed. The graphics look great, the intro sequence nearly blow me off the chair. But then the game itself started and I was shocked again, but not in a good way... The controlls were very bad, somehow the auto-aim was not working for me and it couldn't shoot any dinos. And the camera angels were even worse. You are running around and from one second to another the whole perspecitve changed, not exactly what I'm looking for when I'm right in a fight. Anyway, I've found some reviews and the game got mostly mediocre or bad comments. Yesterday I've bought the first Dino Crisis game for the PS1 and it handels much better. The controlls are better and it's damn easy do aim at the dinos. I really love this game now!

So, do you know any gaming series that also have the better games on the old consoles?