Thread: 2 Mega Drive Shmups not in ORG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 Mega Drive Shmups not in ORG

I couldn't find these two MD shmups in the ORG. Granted they are both Japanese games, but my other resources (Genesis Collective and Shmups!) have them under English names. Moreover, I searched by Manufacturer/Developer/Designer and nothing came up. The 2 games are:

Magic Girl
    http://www.genesiscollective.com/Sho...p?GameLink=916

Divine Sealing
    http://www.genesiscollective.com/Sho...p?GameLink=765

Also, any chance of putting in cart adapters such as the Super Mega-Key, Nitro 2 or Magic Key III?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They're both unlicensed games, and as such aren't listed at the moment (along with other titles like Balloon Boy).

The Nitro 2 & Mega Key adaptors are already listed. I've no real desire to go searching out details for every similar import adaptor, but if you post details of any you have I'll throw them in with the next update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    They're both unlicensed games, and as such aren't listed at the moment (along with other titles like Balloon Boy).

The Nitro 2 & Mega Key adaptors are already listed. I've no real desire to go searching out details for every similar import adaptor, but if you post details of any you have I'll throw them in with the next update.
    Balloon Boy is listed
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=7213
    as is other Realtec and Wisdom Tree games

The Super Mega Key aka Super Mega-Key is made by Realtec. It appears to have the same functions as the "Mega Key" which already is in the ORG. I think the only difference is that it has a 4th setting to play Brazil games, in addition to U.S.A., Europe and Japan games.

I have confirmed it works with Megaman: The Wily Wars, Xenon 2 and Mega Swiv. However, I had problems running it through my 32X. I had to run it just through the Genesis Model 1 Console. Another member confirmed it works with a Model 2 console. Haven't tried it on a Nomad, JVC X'eye or CDX.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

eh, my bad on Balloon Boy For some reason I was thinking it was another unofficial Japanese title.

I don't really know the Japanese side well enough to start digging up & adding details on unlicensed & grey-area titles, and it opens a can of worms as to what should/should not be included, how to tell an "original" unlicensed game from any Asian pirates and stuff like that.
    If anyone else knows this stuff well or wants to research it then be my guest, but I've got enough on my plate already at the moment.

I'll get the Super Mega Key added next time I update - I've actually got one of those myself now after it came with one of those cheap copies of Wily Wars (it was me who confirmed it working on the Genny 2 aswell )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, for the unlicensed/pirate issue you could maybe use the infos the rom scene collected, according to No-Intros MD list there are 52 unlicensed MD games (worldwide) .... oh wait, they mixed up pirate unlicensed too, weird, usually they have their stuff right.... damn well, now you at least know there exist 52 unlicensed games or pirate hacks (pirates containing the same game rom obviously don't have their own rom-file)

i'll try to find out which are unlicensed and which pirate if you want to...
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

edit: wrong thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    The Super Mega Key aka Super Mega-Key is made by Realtec . . . . . I had problems running it through my 32X.
    Realtec games must not work on the 32X. I just picked up Whac-A-Critter and it won't go past the the "REALTEC" title screen on my Model 2 with the 32X. It just keeps flashing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    well, for the unlicensed/pirate issue you could maybe use the infos the rom scene collected, according to No-Intros MD list there are 52 unlicensed MD games (worldwide) .... oh wait, they mixed up pirate unlicensed too, weird, usually they have their stuff right.... damn well, now you at least know there exist 52 unlicensed games or pirate hacks (pirates containing the same game rom obviously don't have their own rom-file)

i'll try to find out which are unlicensed and which pirate if you want to...
    Just seen this now - cheers for the offer Jan As I said, I haven't really got the time or inclination to start figuring this stuff out myself, but if anyone else wants to look at it I'll gratefully accept all contributions