Since I just brought this up in the Propellar Arena thread, and I don't want to bog it down, I'll just start a new thread. I need help ripping a CD-i proto, or at least copying it. The game is, of course, Super Mario's Wacky Worlds, an unreleased sequel of sorts to Super Mario World. I don't expect anyone here would be TOO educated on the subject, but here goes:

Everything on the CD can be read, using the proper software, EXCEPT for sector 0. If sector 0 is replaed with empty data, it creates a bad image. No program I've used has been able to read that sector at all. I can copy each file individually, but it seems that without a proper sector 0 header, the game won't work.

Someone suggested to me that I simply replace that sector with the 0 sector from another CD-i game, but I'm not so sure that will work. Another suggestion was to try using a professional CD copying tower. Theoretically that could work, but I'd HIGHLY prefer that there be a downloadable image. I'd like everyone who would enjoy this game to be able to play it.

One final suggestion is to tell the story to the geeks at Slashdot and see if they can help. They might be able to come up with something, but I'd kind of prefer not to go that far just yet.

Any ideas?