Thread: N64 Smashed on Comedy Central "Mind of Mencia"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64 Smashed on Comedy Central "Mind of Mencia"

while flipping channels I just so happened to stop on comodey central. This show was on I had never seen before called "Mind of Mencia" and he has this session on the show called "R.I.P." where he has a "small person" with a huge DK style hammer destroy various "out of date" items. He had pagers, fax machines, phones with cordes, etc, but one of them was an N64. The funny thing was when he took it out to be destroyed, the audience had a reaction sorta like "no, tell me hes gonna destroy a perfectly working game system?!" infact, it took 3 blows from the hammer until it was damaged, it held up pretty well! and everytime it was hit the audience shouted "NO!". He made a comment about how poor homeless kids in some country (cant remember name) would send it back if they received it as a gift.

Some of you may find this pointless, but some of you might find this interesting as to how people that arent even hardcore collectors/gamers will still stick up for our "older systems" (I wouldent call N64 retro as of yet).

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good to hear it withstood such a beating before sustaining any damages. Very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Carlos Mencia is a crazy and funny dude. I can't believe he'd consider the N64 out-of-date, it was the last system before the Cube so it's not that old. Although, compared to the three powerhouses retailing now and the next-gen systems, I guess in some people's minds it is out of date. Not in mine though. I don't even consider my Lynx out of date. If it still works, it's still relevant!
    I can't believe I missed that episode, I've only seen one ep of Mind of Mencia so far but I love it, cuz he's just brutally honest like me and he's not afraid to point out the sad (but funny) truths about stereotypes (as do I)
    It's good to hear that the audience had such a strong aversion to him smashing the N64, and I am not surprised in the least to hear that it took 3 tries to break it, as all of Nintendo's products are very durable. I mean look at all the 20 year old NESes that still work perfectly. In Nintendo World in Rockefeller Center they have on display an original GameBoy that was caught in a mortar blast in the Gulf War and it's all charred, but it still works perfectly! 15 year old system, blasted in war, still works. High quality Nintendo products there.
    Unlike the PS2 and PSP, which are as fragile as eggs. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS2, but working in video game retail, I've heard sooooo many sob stories about people's PS2s and PSPs breaking down or they accidentally drop it and it practically shatters...and the infamous stops reading blue-backed disc problem....
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i saw that show, three times, comedy central is hte only thing i ever watch on my tv, even though i have digital cable with like 500 channels.

anyway, i thought it was hilariouse, even though they probably shouldve used an NES, i felt great to see that POS get destroyed, and i didnt hear any NOs, i heard OHs and lots of laughter, and i managed to catch that show a whole three times.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wasn't there already a post about this a few weeks ago?
    (How dare he hit a Nintendo 64)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta!
    i saw that show, three times, comedy central is hte only thing i ever watch on my tv, even though i have digital cable with like 500 channels.

anyway, i thought it was hilariouse, even though they probably shouldve used an NES, i felt great to see that POS get destroyed, and i didnt hear any NOs, i heard OHs and lots of laughter, and i managed to catch that show a whole three times.
    it's not a POS, the N64 is far from one

it's a great system with some amazingly fun mulitplayer games, nothing like playing 4 player multiplayer in goldeneye, perfect dark and smash brothers those rock

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Been done before, went down the same path, got locked:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...ghlight=mencia

Please, someone put this one out of its own misery.