Do you specifically seek out collections of certain series or franchises, as part of your total collections?

Ie, I personally would consider something like Resident Evil or Pokemon games games to be a "Sub-collection" inside an over-all collection.

Are you one of these people who also emphasises on one aspect of a collection (Eg, Zelda / Mario / MegaMan / Sonic) and buys up every single piece of merchandise loosely related to that game / franchise?

I know of quite a few people who are Zelda fanatics, as well as a couple of MegaMan fans too...

Do you collect certain genre's specifically - Like RPG's for example, or Ace Combat type games (Arcade flight sims?), or how about Bemani games?

I personally have quite a few sub-collections as part of my over-all collection. Most of which have just happened that way, but have evolved to the point where it is becoming an obsession.

Pokemon games, Resident Evil games, and Final Fantasy games in particular.

It hasn't gotten to the point yet where I am so obsessed that I will buy every last little piece of merch that has, say, a Pokemon on it (That would be crazy) but there are people out there who are this obsessive over their collections!