Thread: Playstation Gamers Advisory Panel, Anyone else get this?

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playstation Gamers Advisory Panel, Anyone else get this?

I got this in the mail from Sony, Includied a PSU# and Pin# to sign into :
    www.shape.us.playstation.com/invite (You won't be able to do anything at that site unless you have PSU# and Pin#)

I signed up and filled out a survey "Changing the future of gaming as we know it"
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one but it took forever to log in so I gave up
    Leonard Herman
    The Game Scholar
    Publisher of Historical Videogame Books
    http://www.rolentapress.com
    Phoenix 4 coming in 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one as well.

Every time I tried to log in the site would crash! What a total friggin disgrace.

jerry

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one but i was out of town so when i finally got it i had miss the deadline to sign up.=(
    my blt drive on my computer just went awol and i got this big project due tomorrow for mr. kawasaki and if i don't get it in he's gonna ask me to commit harry carey.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I signed up and I got the free gift pack thing from Sony.That might be rare someday....

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    I signed up and I got the free gift pack thing from Sony.That might be rare someday....
    What was in the gift pack?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I signed up and will get the gift pack too. I hope it's not like the PSX hat I never got for asnwering a few questions.

This "Changing the future of gaming as we know it" thing is pretty funny. They make it sound so exclusive and not about marketing.

I did it anyway.

GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    What was in the gift pack?
    it is a disc holder with the PS logo on it,and in it has pages to hold discs,a pen,some sheets of paper with the PS logo,a welcome letter,and a new member card.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lol...

i got one as well (yesterday, oddly enough, which gives me a few days to register)... i wonder just how "elite" this lil' group is gonna be...we shall see now, won't we?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I got one but for some reason I can't complete the process online.
    I get so far and thats it.

Adam

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default try this....

if you're having trouble signing up, use the non-flash link. i first logged onto the flash site, but it was really sloooow. it took me about 10 or so minutes to sign up and fill out a long survey/questionaire using the plain vanilla link, and that's with a 56k modem...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes. Signed up via the phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

ok it works ok now.

I was trying to use the non-flash site. It just hung up on the questionaire portion and kept refreshing. So I'd put down another question and then it would refresh and I'd put down another question.

I started to save them and finally after many many tries I gave up.

Check out this long list I came up with one at a time. O
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long should the PS1 be supported? If you own only a PS2 do you purchase PS1 games to play on your PS2?

Which games would make for great online adaptions? Should online games offer more or less to offline users?

Which "classic game" would you like to see remade as a PS2 title? Which PS1 game would make for a great PS2 sequel?

Which piece of hardware is the PS2 missing that you would most like to see? Would you consider purchasing a PS2 title if it required an expensive controller?

Which import games would you most like to see brought to the US?

What genre do you feel is being ignored by Playstation? Which genre is being overdone?

If you own more than one platform what do you look for when picking what platform you will purchase a particular title on?
    Would you consider purchasing the same game on different platforms if bonus features were added?

Which celebrity would you most like to see on an endorsed Playstation game? Which sports celebrity?

When it somes to your favorite (insert one...Baseball, Baseketball, Football ..etec) game. What do you look for when you determine which one you will buy? Do you purchase more than one of any particular type of sports game?

Does "law-breaking" in video games encourage or discourage you when purchasing game titles? Is there anything that would be consider unacceptable in a video game?

Do you use the link cable? Should more games support this feature or has gaming online reduced the need?

Who is your favorite publisher? Would you purchase a game from this published based only on the publishers name or would you require more information?

What is your primary source for determining if you will purchase a video game? Which is the least reliable source?

Do you rent video games? If so have you ever purchased a title after renting it?

Have you ever preordered a game? Would a promotional item given with your preorder encourage you to preorder?

If you purchase multiplayer player games, do you support co-op play or versus in an adventure game? Does playing split screen bother you or would you rather alternate playing with the other player throughout the game.

Are there any one player games you wish were multiplayer? Are there any multiplayer games which would be better off with more one player content?

Do you plan to purchase Sony's next game machine? If so will you buy one on launch date?

Which games not available on the Playstation would you love to have? Which modern arcade game?

Have you ever purchased a game due to a promotional offer? Which promotioanl offers would you like to see in the future?

Which game titles have you kept the longest? How much does replay value figure into your purchasing decision?

Do you use cheat codes? Does a game with cheats add to the title or ruin it?

Have you ever discovered a "hidden part" or "easter egg" in a game? Would you ever purchase a video game mainly to discover such a secret that you might have heard about?

How do feel about the look of the greatest hits packaging?
    Would you rather have original releases or greatest hits versions in your collection?

Have you ever purchased a greatest hits title just because it was listed as a Greatest Hits? Would you consider purchasing a greatest hits title ,even if you had the standard release, if extra features were added?

Adam