Thread: A couple hard hitting questions...read inside about the pun.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A couple hard hitting questions...read inside about the pun.

Now, i have done this MANY times in the past. What is the most damage you have done to a system/controller/game/ or surroundings after losing at a game? and if you can remember, what game was it?

I once picked up my sega dreamcast and threw it across the room cuz i was pissed at losing to the boss 10000 times over at SA2

EDIT:sorry, REALLY bad grammer.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gone through about 3 or 4 SNES controllers from constantly throwing them (and this was all when the SNES was new) when I was angry. I've never really taken my rage out on anything of real value tho.

-=Mr. NEStalgia=-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never done that...no game is THAT frustrating. Personally, I find it a waste of hardware and I'd beat the living hell out of anyone who even TRIED to do that with my gaming stuff.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God, I used to have a friend (god knows why I hung out with this kid) that threw a damn tantrum every time he lost at video game. He used to throw my controllers all the time. God that pissed me off. Once, and only once, I threw the remote for my TV directly at the screen when I was pissed at a game....can't even remember what game now. Lucky I didn't break my TV.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

My sister destroyed my Apple ][ c joystick. We used to play Pooyan and she'd get frustrated and throw it down. Snapped the top of it off once and later it just didn't work. If I was smart, I'd have hidden it, but then she would have bitched to the partents about that. Gaah, it pissed me off that they didn't seem to care that she was destroying my stuff!

(I evened it up eventually. I took her Sega Master System with Phantasy Star, Alf, etc. after she moved out and she still doesn't know I have it!)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I just use harsh language and anguished unbelieving cries of "NOOOOOOOOOO". I did break a Madcatz PSX D-pad once, but that was just because I tried to move my R-9 to the right, of all things.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was so angry one time after playing street fighter 2 that I urinated all over my snes system. Well, forgetting that I had just pissed all over the place, I turned on the snes system a few minutes later and sparks flew and set my urine on fire (I drank at least 15 shots prior to this) All of a sudden half the room is on fire and I'm freaking out and sobering up at the same time trying to figure out what to do, what to do. Then I notice my hair caught on fire, so I start running around in circles like a lunatic screaming out things like "Fuck you Sagat, why did you have to make this happen DAMMIT. WHYYYYYYYYYYY" Finally the fire just died out on its own both in the room and on my head. The snes system was dead, but somehow the street fighter2 survived.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Never mistreated my stuff (At least, intentionally,) but whenever my sister would be playing my NES during the early 90s and fall in a pit? She'd yell expletives and slam the controller onto the floor. Well eventually one of them didn't last too long under this and to replace it she gave me a cheapo third party one for Christmas. Some present!

Just recently the right analog stick's knob just fell off my MadKatz PSX controller- without any provocation! I rarely used them since all of my PSX library consists of 2D platformers and work best with the D-pad.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use to play a lot of Arkanoid, once I was on a very difficult level, don't remember which, and died with one block left to hit after bouncing around for the longest time, unable to hit it. How is that for a run on sentence for those of you who like grammer :-) Anyway I threw the Vaus controller into the TV, never again would I get a chance to try that level since Arkanoid with no vaus controller = no fun.

I have since replaced the vaus controller andlearned not to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 7800: threw ProLine stick @ console, creating 6-inch crack in casing & dented the metal plate. Fixed into decent condition/appearance. ProLine fixed w/ hot glue & electrical tape.

Atari Jaguar: SLAMMED controller @ console playing SuperCross 3D. Ruined CD-ROM unit. Replaced for $200. Never again.

PS2: SLAMMED DualShock2 @ console during Fatal Frame (damn Wandering Monk...) console OK, replaced DS2 for $35, $50 game freezes up after intro sequence. Can still play Battle Mode & listen to ingame music tracks.

Now I just casually "drop" controllers to the floor, or punish the game itself by tossing it across the room. At least I don't piss on anything... :/
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."