Thread: Quick Lingo Question

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quick Lingo Question

Hey, I was wondering what I call a "dual-act" or games, i mean you get one game, then a something, then a trilogy, and then a series.

Also, how many games do you people think constitutes a series? I'm thinking 4, as I have no word for a game with 3 more re-incarnations.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say you have a game, then there's the sequel to the game and then the trilogy, quadrupology... no, trilogy, series...

I don't know a term for the first two games of a series, maybe the whole expression [game2], the sequel to [game1] has to do.

although 3 games of a series don't form a trilogy just like that. Take the GTA series: several games, but no trilogy, as they all have their own city, main character, story...

I can only think of movie-trilogies right now: LoTR, Matrix, Alien... you only get the whole story after seeing all films...
    Smarsh the Barstuds!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarHel78
    I'd say you have a game, then there's the sequel to the game and then the trilogy, quadrupology... no, trilogy, series...

I don't know a term for the first two games of a series, maybe the whole expression [game2], the sequel to [game1] has to do.

although 3 games of a series don't form a trilogy just like that. Take the GTA series: several games, but no trilogy, as they all have their own city, main character, story...

I can only think of movie-trilogies right now: LoTR, Matrix, Alien... you only get the whole story after seeing all films...
    "Shenmue" would be considered a game broken down into "acts" or "parts"--it truely is a "series".