Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite mindless destruction video game moments?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Burnout 2 and Nascar games. I always wondered what it would be like to be the guy in the car? I also love to watch my car smash into pieces.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Carmageddon for PC. The entire game is mindless destruction.

I really enjoy the Vice City Rampages.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by retrotaku
    So it is with great cathartic delight that I watch Retrotaku Jr. kick the pixellated snot out of his fiendish friend week after week.
    That is very awesome :)

Personally, Goldeneye had a lot of good moments in games. One thing I love doing is running about any level (Archives is a good one) with remote mines. Keep hold of an area (again, Archives is a bit easy due to the two levels) and watch their screen as a single mine comes flying down past them. At this point you can A+B it in their face or let them run off :D

I'm not the type who can sit there acting like a total nerd completely owning everybody else, though, there's got to be SOME fight from the other end. Heh.

Another good one, so I hear, was Rise of the Triad. Kill enemies by landing on them, kill them with God mode (autoseeker rounds that fly through multiple enemies), kill them with Dog mode (for all you dyslexics out there, it's a shorter, melee version of God mode - Hey, is that a tree?), kill them with the Big Blaster (makes a cross shaped pattern on the ground, can [and must learn to for the final level] toss yourself into the air with it), turn them into charredskeletons with the firebomb...heh, too much destructive capacity.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: mindless destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    As a rule, I always kill my "friends" in games, usually as soon as possible, just for the hell of it. I'm always ineterested in the game's response. Try blowing up one of your own capital ships in Colony Wars, and you'll see what I mean.

the kid

...and I wish I had a dollar for every time I've blown away Lance Vance...
    Here's a bit of fun if you have MOH: Frontline...in the Market Garden campaign that ends with you torching a windmill, you have to provide cover for a tank demolition expert. This guy absorbs an amazing amount of firepower before going down. I've emptied every gun I had at the start of the mission into him, and it literally takes my last grenade to kill him. Try putting a full Thompson clip into him when he's already on his ass and he'll do a pretty good 1944 breakdance.

Some other fun mindless destruction moments...

- Knocking a mech through an entire block of buildings in RAD

- Playing the Survival mini game in Driver in San Francisco...racing down a hill, doing a 180 and watching the psycho cops sail over your head is as close to the Blues Brothers movie as you'll get in a game.

- Going up to the top of the parking garage in GTA III and progressing from sniping pedestrians to grenading cops to rocketing Feds and Army trucks and then hopping in one of the tanks that eventually show up is hard to beat.

Fun thread!
    Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when it comes to mindless destruction and violence, nothing beats GTAIII... punch in all weapons code and ur ready to rock \^_^/

"Fear our 3 diffrent kinds of ships" - Space Invaders

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For insane driving madness definitely Death Ralley...love that game! Also Timesplitters, I edit my own map , I make a small room and put 2 of the big ass machine gunner posts side by side then have 2 spawn points for the enemies then start up and lay waste as they attempt to get close to you! MUHAHAHA now thats fun.

Other than that Postal...is the best for all around carnage...where else can you run into town and toss motolov cocktails into the middle of a marching band and watch them explode into blood!!! MUHAHAHA
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked up Castlevania SOTN when it just came out. Me and a couple of friends were hanging out in awe, my girlfreind starts freaking out cause I'm not paying attention to her, she gives me the altimatum (sp), so out the door she went and I was off to the inverted castle.

The cool part is I still play that game once a month, Castlevania has out lasted any relationship I've had yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone
    There was a game on the PS1, the title of which escapes me at the moment (it was described as "the sucessor to the Strike series" in the review I read) where you pilot a mech and basically blow the seven shades out of everything that moves, and pretty much everything that doesn't too. It's pretty much a favorite moment which lasts the whole game.
    Future Cop LAPD?

the GTA series is good for mindless mayhem, but i loved Carmageddon 2. just driving around into stuff never got old. I would play it right now, but i dunno where the CD went

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

robotic alchemic drive

here are 2 of my favorite moments

1] firing my rocket fist only to see it miss it's mark and knocking down a hi-rise....uh whoops

2] getting knocked into a building and having the dispatcher tell me the building I crushed was her condo...uh whoops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect Dark - 8 sims (of any kind) inside the area 51 area with nothing but rockets and bombs. Accidental suicide galore.

San Fransisco Rush - The only reason I even play this is to go mess around on the architecthure (sic) on Track 4.

Vigilante 8 - Going to Vegas and shooting up dumpsters.

Tron Bonne - Blasting up kids who throw rocks at you
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite would have to be Call of Duty.

In the Stalingrad scenario, when you get to snipe the soldiers and officers. If you don't kill the officers, more soldiers just keep running out. MMmmmm....

I could probably be entertained for hours doing that if my neighbors didn't complain about the gunfire.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTA: London 1969 expansion pack - Inputting the code for all weapons (rocket launcher!) and also the ability to fire out the window. Get a really fast car and drive down the road firing at the people on the sidewalk. Even if the rocket misses the explosion will catch them on fire.

Serious Sam: Second Encounter - Pretty much any moment when you got to use the mini-gun to lay waste to seemingly endless hordes of baddies (which is often).

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTA3, Putting in the peds have weapons cheat/peds hate you/peds fight eachother/all weapons cheat. Now that is some awesome and exciting mindless gameplay right there!

GTA:VC, put in the heavy weapons cheat, then equip the MiniGun and go to a crowded area(Like the Malibu club). Then fire away!

Twisted Metal 2, Put in the cheats for: Infinite Ammo, Infinite Turbo, Invincible and then play a small level(like stage 2 with max amount of bots)

Perfect Dark, play in a small level vs 8 Meat Peace sims, and use only explosive weapons.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 2 is fun to screw around in. Seeing what breaks and what doesn't. Taking a dead guard and transforming him into Pinhead from Hellraiser with the tranq darts. And I think everyone who played it eventually moved into the non-official mini-game "Pigeon Assassin."

If you want some sadistic fun, make a house in The Sims that's nothing but a giant spiral with a water cooler at one end and a toilet at the other and stuff as many people in it as you can.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I used to love playing SimCity 2000 with tons of money cheats so that I could build a cool city without this "game" nonsense getting in the way. A few hours and a few dozen arcologies later, I usually got bored, so I just clicked on all of the hazards at once and watched the entire city burn to the ground. There's something to be said for carefully and methodically building something special, and then smashing it all to pieces in a sudden burst of rage

I also used to occaisionally load up Doom and just run around with the BFG annihilating everyone. That always helps calm me down when I'm in a bad mood.

Iron Soldier was another fun game for destruction, since the buildings always exploded into such a satisfying shower of blocks. Of course, using the chainsaw or the mech's own fist was the only way to go.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blast Corps was my first. Man was that premise the best! I am surprised they haven't made a sequel or remake on the current generation of consoles. That game could have used a "Reply Level without Restrictions" option for levels you completed. Would have made it more fun. Get all vehicles and destroy citied over and over different ways. Maybe some day Rare will do it on the Xbox. What a sight that'll be.

GoldenEye when I discovered everything in the game explodes. After that, I would destroy EVERY breakable thing in every level. I couldn't help myself.

Max Payne when you get to parts in levels where it can be destroyed. Like when you knock down the file cabinets towards the end. Or the pillar and climb it to the second floor. Or when the bad guys try to break through a wall and it fails. Then you try the door and the wall falls around it. Oh, and the best most unexpected part when the restaurant is set to explode around you and you have to escape.

Duke Nukem 3D. The first 3D game I played where you could destroy stuff. Man that was an experience.

Serious Sam of course.

MechAssault is close to the Blast Corps destruction part. If only you could use bulldozers in MA.

When it comes out, Halo 2 will be one of the best, I'll tell you that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right now it's Red Dead Revolver. It got bad reviews but I really like the game. Even though it's too short.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lets see On tecmo Bowl I like to get Bo Jackson and just run back and forth through the other team turning them into popcorn. And GTA I like to shoot someone on the edge on the parking garage, then jack a car drive it up to the top floor then wait till a crowd gathers then push the car off the ledge and see how many people I can squash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goldeneye: Invincible and rocket launcers. Walk up to an enimy and point blank shoot em with a rocket. FLY!

San Francisco rush: Go 160 mph into the side of a bus, nuclear explosion!

Geat stuff.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite would definately be Blast Corps. I have yet to see another game like that one.