Thread: "Power Joy" and Odyssey2 carts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Power Joy" and Odyssey2 carts

I was rummaging through a local Goodwill when I noticed that they had a small shelf packed full of Atari 2600, Genesis, and Odyssey2 carts. I'd never seen Odyssey2 carts outside of a display box before, and so I got intrigued. I pickd up Pick Axe Pete and a few others, along with this funny little cart called the "Power Joy." Now, what the heck is a "Power Joy?"

I have no idea what system this cart would be for. The front sticker consists of a tie-dyed background with the words "Power Joy" and "PJ - 008" neatly below it. The back of the cart is a good read, calling the Power Joy a "sophisticated apparatus" that can be damaged by "human touch or water." So either this is a poorly translated warning or some pirate's attempt at one. I'd post pics, but I figured it might not be anything at all. The cart is black, about the size of a genesis cart only with wider, square edges and a smaller pin connection. I would assume it's older than the N64, but the sticker and cart itself are prety clean for something donated to a Goodwill.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Queen_Zoe

It's a pirate Famicom multi-cart.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I have one of those. Pretty good selection of games. Use a Fami-NES convertor and you can play it on your nintendo.

Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know which games are on the separate carts? I'm guessing there are at least 8 others. Also, are these pirates older productions or pretty recent? Anyone have a complete collection of these? Thanks again for the help!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Power Joy cart you have originally came packaged with a shoddy N64 clone controller and an equally shoddy SNES clone controller. The cart plugs into the bottom of the controller, and the controller plugs into the RCA jacks on your TV.

It's poorly built and doesn't work too well; I have one for sale (dirt cheap!)if you're interested.

As Jibba said, you can play the cart in your NES if you've got an adapter for it.

There are a handful of carts, IIRC maybe 3 or 4 different ones. They're all pretty much the same though - later carts just have a few more games than the earlier ones, and there's tons of duplicate games on each cart.

They're recent pirate famiclones, made within the last 5 years or so. Overall, they're crap. The highlights of the carts are that they usually have a handful of games not released in the US (Galaxian, Arabian, Front Line, Dig Dug, etc.) on them.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.