Thread: Sealed NES game question

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sealed NES game question

I picked up Quattro Sports and Firehawk today at a thrift, and they're both shrinkwrapped. I'm not sure if it's the original shrink though, I thought all NES games had that line on the back. Did Camerica shrink their games differently? I could see why, I mean, they were unlicensed and all.

-Hitman-

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

(looks at sealed quattro adventure)...i dunno, i can't see yours, lol. anyway, different manufacturers more than likely used different shrinkwrap machines, so it'll be tough to know. i don't think nintendo patented that type of shrinkwrapping, but i'll have to go through a stack of boxed NES stuff here and do a comparison one of these days. my quattro adventure has no line down the back, but...(opens game carefully just to be sure it's not a copy of gyromite) it's the actual game inside!

perhaps the machine used was less expensive/faster/whatever than the ones used by whoever manufactured the licensed games. you could always open them up (to make sure you don't have two copies of gyromite), unless they're to be resold or added to a sealed games collection...

interestingly enough, i knew a guy who worked at acclaim, and he told me that they'd have the game testers and anyone who wasn't doing anything important shrinkwrap games (and if you've seen some of the oddball shrinkwrap jobs on assorted acclaim titles, you'll appreciate the humour here)...