Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Default Just Beat Final Fantasy VIII

Well I finally beat FF 8 this weekend after 80+ hours. This has to be the longest amount of time I've spent playing a RPG, even though at least 5 of those hours were from letting the game sit while I did something else and at least 5 hours were spent on that stupid card game. Even though most people dislike FF 8 I thought it was very nicely done. The story kept me interested (although the Sorceress thing was a little lame), and the game never really got boring. In fact the only real complaint I have is that the magic junction system made the game too easy since you could easily powerup low level characters without really trying. Say what you will, but I'm going to miss drawing and junctioning magic...

The ending was a bit odd though. It really didn't explain alot and left many things hanging, although you could guess at some things that were left unsaid. Overall I think this has to be one of the longest Final Fantasy games I've played, and one of the easiest. I didn't even have to try to get most of my characters up to level 100, and I think I died a total of 3 times throughout the whole game (twice was from not paying attention). Still, if you haven't played FF 8 because you've heard bad things about it give it a shot. It takes some time to get into the story but in the end you'll probably like it.

Tempest

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never considered myself as an RPG player.. I always enjoying racing / action games.. heck... last time I enjoyed any quest games they were the DOS based Space quest, Laisure suit larry, king's quest and quest for glory...

About 6 months ago I got Golden Sun for the GBA, and I LOVE IT!

Heck, I actually started playing FFVII on the PSOne.. it's AWESOME! Sure the graphics aren't super, but the story is so neat! And I like the fact that they still kinda hold your hand in the beginning as you learn the interface..

Which PSOne FF would you say is the most enjoyable ?? (and mind you, I'm a newbie when it comes on RPG's.. so I'm not interested in a super hard game or complicated system).

LK

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's an oft debated question, which FF is best, it seems to be a matter of personal taste. Of the ones I've played I like 7, 10, 8, 5, 3, 6, & 9, in that order.

I'm looking forward to 11, but I wonder how much they're gonna stick you for the HDD. X2 and the coming Gamecube project have me waiting on the edge of my seat.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I enjoy what many consider to be "hardcore gamers only"...Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSone.

I loved the job system used to level up!

It is told that FFX-2 will have a job system!!!