Thread: To all with GBA devkits...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default To all with GBA devkits...

http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l...ba/anworld.inc

"Another World"

Basically it is the European name of "Out Of This World", which I'm sure most of you remember. I personally remember the game first as "Another World", because I was living in England at about the time of it's release, and purchased it for the Amiga there. So, it will always be named "Another World" to me. Besides, I think it sounds better!

Ok, enough of that nonsense. Here is the game, ported to the GBA. The game is now freeware, which is great. If you have a flash cart or the like, you can play this on your GBA/SP/Micro/DS. I still get a kick out of this game. Many memories...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Hey that's pretty cool. I remember my friend's brother renting that game and I was thinking that was the craziest game ever.

Do you happen to know where you could get a flash cart? or is that top secret information?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: To all with GBA devkits...

I vaguely remember seeing that site featured here before. Thanks for following it through!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johno590
    Do you happen to know where you could get a flash cart? or is that top secret information?
    I recently played Out of this World on the SNES. With regards to GBA flash carts, I suggest the highly compatible, battery efficient 256MB EFA-linker. There are cheaper carts, higher capacity carts, etc, but they either have crappier game compatibility and require patching games for them to run, or they have less efficient power usage (which degrades your battery life). If you live in North America, you can get one from here:
    http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_in...products_id=28

The kit comes with the flash cart and a USB cable that plugs into the flash cart. Just plug it into your PC, run the software, and you can read/write games and saves from the flash cart. The only games that the EFA-linker is not compatible with are the ones that have a built-in motion sensor, like Wario Ware Twisted. AFAIK, that is the only game that doesn't work correctly on the EFA flash cart.

Once you get your EFA, don't forget to check out Pocket NES:
    http://www.pocketnes.org/screenshots.html

Nintendo emulated a few NES games officially on the GBA, but with Pocket NES, you can play them all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Bumping up this topic instead of starting a new one... I just bought one of those exact carts last week and was supposed to get it today... I'm hoping it will arrive tommorrow.

But I have a question. Do I need a OS type thing to be able to have multiple gba roms on the cart? (Like PogoShell for example) Or can I just transfer the roms right onto the flash cart and play which ever one I want to?

The most a 256mb cart can hold is 32mb right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Anyone?