Thread: The Revolution Controller still holds secrets

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Revolution Controller still holds secrets

Revolution's Big Secret
    Miyamoto says there's still more to show.
    by Matt Casamassina
    December 2, 2005 - Nintendo bigwigs including Shigeru Miyamoto spoke at Japan's Digital Interactive Entertainment Conference today and while no specifics on games or hardware were revealed, some intriguing Revolution gossip was spun all the same, according to the website kotaku.com.

The site reports that Miyamoto again talked about the possibilities of the Revolution controller, and referred to the peripheral's nunchuck-style analog add-on. Most interesting, though, was what Miyamoto didn't talk about. The Nintendo legend flat-out stated that there's more to be revealed about the Revolution controller.
    "There's another secret [about the Revolution controller]," he stated. "But I'm not going to go into that here. That'll be for a later date."

The news is in line with Nintendo of Europe demi-god Jim Merrick's recent statements that not everything about the Revolution controller has been shown.

Readers can expect full disclosure on the peripheral, the console, and its games at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006, which kicks off in Los Angeles next May.

source ign
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

im pretty sick and tired of all this shit... im a die hard nintendo fan of everything up to the n64. and this current situation is just silly, im not exciting or anxiouse, when it comes out if theres anything amazingly awesome out for it ill buy it, if not then i wont. i dont care if their controller cooks me breakfast, i wanna play games and i want it to be good for that.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo Revolution!

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecrets.....

Ok, Conan O Brian moment over.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i'm kinda bored of all the hint dropping and teasing but Nintendo really needs to tease the public and get them anticipating. Their US console sales are crap compared to Microsoft and Sony so they NEED the public to get interested in the system. Its like a slow striptease, keep the people mentally aroused until the final peice of clothing is gone. Right now Nintendo seems to have begun to take off the first long black satin glove.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats some wierd mental pics their dj. But my favorite peace of info is what he said in this month issue of game informer (i balieve) that the controller is the main accesory, and that any add on would be really cheaply made so they can add them in with games. This means if needed each game can have a totally different controller. This sound really cool to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

My question is:

Will this thing work at all with a HDTV?

Does it work like a light gun? Not one of my lightguns works with my HDTV. Is this controller going to, or is it all internal tilting sensors coupled with wireless tech?
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Miyamoto's gonna come out and say "You don't need to plug it into the console!" and everybody's gonna be like "what"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

You wnat to know what the secert is? It vibrates. Now just take that concept and see how many non-perverse ideas you can come up with. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    You wnat to know what the secert is? It vibrates. Now just take that concept and see how many non-perverse ideas you can come up with. :P
    Dude, I just thought of a vibrating lightsaber.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycarl
    But my favorite piece of info is what he said in this month issue of game informer (i believe) that the controller is the main accesory, and that any add on would be really cheaply made so they can add them in with games. This means if needed each game can have a totally different controller.
    This is exactly what i was afraid they were going to do.

I must admit i feel better knowing they would (possbly) include it in with the games...but the possibility of having a truckload of various add-ons just to play games frightens and angers me.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    This is exactly what i was afraid they were going to do.

I must admit i feel better knowing they would (possbly) include it in with the games...but the possibility of having a truckload of various add-ons just to play games frightens and angers me.
    Yup. Can anyone here name one controller add on that did something specific that more than a few games for a system took advantage of? Hell, even the Zapper for the NES which had TONS manufactured was used in like 10 games.

I was excited about the Revolution when I thought it would be the cheap man's game system, and the Revolution would be about cost. A $100 new system with $20-30 games. Now, knowing that if I ever get one I'll be flailing around to play...

Wel, my next console purchase will definitely be an Xbox 360, probably in about 2009.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aren't you being a little quick to judge? We don't know much about either ps3 or revolution yet...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now that games are more mainstream i think that putting your cards on the table and letting media attention sell your stuff for you does more, i.e halo 2 or GTA. the frenzy for twilight princess reached new heights after the E3 demo was released it's just common sense that hardware is the same.

360 is already out and sony has a shindig coming up in January, can nintendo really wait for E3 to show the goods and share the stage with twilight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    Hell, even the Zapper for the NES which had TONS manufactured was used in like 10 games.
    The Zapper isn't contained in the actual dogbone controller itself, though.

Just think about that.

EVERY game can introduce a little lightgun sequence. Lack of market penetration will not be an issue with this device.

Oh, and on that count...NES lightgun games? Lots of 'em. 16 unique zapper games show up in the DP game list, and that's not including hybrid titles like Bayou Billy. Most of these likely have Zapper support. 17 unique titles show up for the SMS, actually (one's Dynamite Duke, though, not quite sure how that works), and again, most probably use the SMS lightgun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

DOUBLE POSTING FUNS!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, sure I'm being quick to judge. But I know what I like, and that controller is definitely not something that I like. And it never will be.

Sorry Nintendo fans. I'll glow about my DS for a while still, I'll have a lot of fun playing my GameCube, which is my most played system at the moment. But I don't think I will have any interest in the Revolution, completely because of the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    The Zapper isn't contained in the actual dogbone controller itself, though.

Just think about that.

EVERY game can introduce a little lightgun sequence. Lack of market penetration will not be an issue with this device.

Oh, and on that count...NES lightgun games? Lots of 'em. 16 unique zapper games show up in the DP game list, and that's not including hybrid titles like Bayou Billy. Most of these likely have Zapper support. 17 unique titles show up for the SMS, actually (one's Dynamite Duke, though, not quite sure how that works), and again, most probably use the SMS lightgun.
    I'm not necessarily saying lightgun sequences are what I want to have happen with this thing. But even if it was 16 light gun games, there were how many games released for the NES? That becomes what... 2% of the titles for the system? (The NES has around 800 games, right?)
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

nunchuck-style addon? Now that's intresting to see!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My biggest concern is just that they'll FORCE everything to use some freaky thing that doesn't work very well for EVERY one of my games.

Sound like the DS Stylus? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Wario Touched was bording on great and horrible at the same time. The fact that you can beat an entire stage by blowing one long constant breath into the mic is lame, and so is having NO minigames that use ANY controller or buttons.

And that's what I forsee happening with the revolution. 50 games that all feel like a demo of "look what our controller can do" and charging full price for every one of them.

!!Then!! They'll re-release thousnads of games with updated controller support and charge double price for THEM too.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes sylentwulf NINTENDO IS GOIN TO release thousands of games... (psx) I can't tell where the sarcasm from multiplex gamers (if I may coin a term) begins and where it doesn't. Its like as if you've reached into a bag of random worries and grabbed a huge squishy handfull (like gummy worms) and are now swinging your arm around like a helicopter and they're flying all over the place. A few other posts I've seen too!

Well Nintendo WON't F*ck up because the other companies are doomed to mediocrity (at least in the sense of gaming that doesn't evolve extra dimensionally) and I feel sorry for the people who won't enjoy new Nintendo games and who can only (bitch) basically Nintendo makes games for people who deserve to enjoy them, and you only understand it if you deserve too so props because someones in a blunt mood today.

Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel
    i'm kinda bored of all the hint dropping and teasing but Nintendo really needs to tease the public and get them anticipating. Their US console sales are crap compared to Microsoft and Sony so they NEED the public to get interested in the system. Its like a slow striptease, keep the people mentally aroused until the final peice of clothing is gone. Right now Nintendo seems to have begun to take off the first long black satin glove.
    You've left the hammer spinning around the head head of the nail, very good points and interesting perspectives.