Thread: New PS2

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default New PS2

Finally got myself a new slim PS2 this morning. Love the slim design, and games working perfectly again with no DREs (especially with San Andreas). kinda hate that there's no on/off switch in the side or back like with the larger model though.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been thinking about getting one myself. any other +/-about the slim compared to the large one?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SE-R
    Been thinking about getting one myself. any other +/-about the slim compared to the large one?

The biggest plus is that you can use a Pelican GameGlass with it, and it looks like a really sleek VAIO laptop. Only thing is, they need to make some type of portable litium Ion battery pack for it.

I had a really nice modded slimline PS2, and I was about to buy the Pelican Gameglass for it, but with the arival of the 360, I decided to sell all my current get stuff, while I could still get good money for it. But one day in the future, I'll definitely have to pick up another slimline PS2 and I'll finally get that Pelican GameGlass for it. By that time, there will probably some type of battery pack too.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only other negative I'm aware of is that it doesn't support the hard drive. So if you're looking to play FFXI, it's definitely something to avoid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SE-R

The biggest plus is that you can use a Pelican GameGlass with it, and it looks like a really sleek VAIO laptop. Only thing is, they need to make some type of portable litium Ion battery pack for it.

I had a really nice modded slimline PS2, and I was about to buy the Pelican Gameglass for it, but with the arival of the 360, I decided to sell all my current get stuff, while I could still get good money for it. But one day in the future, I'll definitely have to pick up another slimline PS2 and I'll finally get that Pelican GameGlass for it. By that time, there will probably some type of battery pack too.
    Ya know its funny you mention a VAIO because when I was looking at the machine I was thinking it resembled one of their sleek, slim laptops too.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    The only other negative I'm aware of is that it doesn't support the hard drive. So if you're looking to play FFXI, it's definitely something to avoid.
    its a great thing to have the only minus' I have noticed, are the battery pack getting hotter n' hell, and the lack of an on/off switch. thats about it.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    its a great thing to have the only minus' I have noticed, are the battery pack getting hotter n' hell, and the lack of an on/off switch. thats about it.
    Yeah noticed that with the battery pack, wish they had left it without one like the larger model too, annoying to have to have that in. least I could use the same hookups from my larger model and have extra ones in case now.

And btw, I have a v13, easy to mod.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what's a v13? sorry. I bought my ps2 on release day, and about 2 years later started collecting for my old systems, so I have fallen out of the loop of current gen tech-talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg