Thread: Buy.com advice

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Buy.com advice

I'm looking for Phoenix Wright for the DS and I see that buy.com has it but I thought I've heard not so good stuff about them. Has anyone every dealt with them and ,if so, what was your experience? Thanks.
    My Game Collection, Doubles Are For Sale: http://www.rfgeneration.com. User name is Shaggy. I will entertain any other reasonable offer.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Evil_Skrilla

Never bought anything from them, but my friend one an Xbox 360 from on of their contests, and it was shipped pretty quickly. But thats all really know about them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been buying things off buy.com for years and never had a problem.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Staying on topic
    Please limit your topics to BUYING, SELLING and TRADING items only. Asking questions of an item's worth, or what is a good price for an item does not really belong here. These types of question should be posted in the Video Game Forum (or Everything eBay if you see it on there), or even go look up the Online Rarity Guide. The only exception to this is an attempt to resolve a deal here (e.g. if people go missing and haven’t been heard from in a while).
    Doesn't belong in B&S. With the mention of phoneix wright, I'm moving this to modern gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

I've experienced some slow shipping, but IMO the complaints are mostly from people who've tried to exploit price mistakes and have been caught.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Well, I purchased a TV for my Dad for chirstmas off Buy.com about 2 weeks before Xmas and paid for two day shipping. The particular model was pretty much out of stock everywhere else but they listed it in stock and I got an email a week later saying the item wasn't in stock.

I still didn't have the TV by the second week of January so I cancelled the order.

I'd be warry about Phoenix Wright actually being "In Stock"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker
    Staying on topic
    Please limit your topics to BUYING, SELLING and TRADING items only. Asking questions of an item's worth, or what is a good price for an item does not really belong here. These types of question should be posted in the Video Game Forum (or Everything eBay if you see it on there), or even go look up the Online Rarity Guide. The only exception to this is an attempt to resolve a deal here (e.g. if people go missing and haven’t been heard from in a while).
    Doesn't belong in B&S. With the mention of phoneix wright, I'm moving this to modern gaming.
    Thanks. I wasn't exactly sure where this went. Thanks to everyone else for all of there advice.
    My Game Collection, Doubles Are For Sale: http://www.rfgeneration.com. User name is Shaggy. I will entertain any other reasonable offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Buy.com advice

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy
    I'm looking for Phoenix Wright for the DS and I see that buy.com has it but I thought I've heard not so good stuff about them. Has anyone every dealt with them and ,if so, what was your experience? Thanks.
    Well, from what I've heard over at www.cheapassgamer.com, specifically in reference to this game, buy.com's inventory tends to be screwed up and not up to date with HTF games like this. As of 12/28/05 it was showing as being in stock, yet many people who have ordered since then are still waiting for their order to ship.

Another thing you have to be weary of is that buy.com typically takes about a week to ship your item. Thus if you are relying on a time sensitive rebate to make your purchase, be weary. Buy.com screwed me over on $30 worth of ebates on that 1GB SansDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo they had going back in 9/05. There was like a 3-5 day window in which the purchase had to be made. I placed my order in that time frame, but the item didn't ship until outside the window. As a result, the packing slip from buy.com showed a sale date outside that window and my rebates were denied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is my advice: Don't buy from buy.com. Ever.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use buy.com for quite a lot of stuff. I've gotten a ton of books there since they are now doing the 10% off Amazon price thing. The only advice I can give you is that they do sometimes leave things in stock and mark them "Ships in two weeks!" or something, and that means they don't have them. A very rare book that I've been wanting to get they show in stock there, and I've ordered it twice through them hoping it would actually be in stock, and both times I waited and they ended up saying, "Sorry, they're no longer sending this out." and refunding my money,

I'd expect the same with Phoenix Wright. Although if ou want to take a chance, if they don't have it you will get your money back.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333