Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What system is the best to play?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What system is the best to play?

What system is the best to play and why? I'm trying to decide on which system I should buy. I'm not really all that concered with graphics but with playabilty.

-Game Boy Advance
    - Nintendo DS
    - Gamecube
    - Playstation 2
    - Xbox
    - PSP

or any other one I didn't list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can a system be funny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

channel F
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This may be the most dangerous thread ever posted on DP...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

-Game Boy Advance - buy this if you love 2D. its all about old school side scrollers, rpgs, and the occasional 2d fighter. (this has the best side scrollers and snes-style rpgs ever). i own a gba.

- Nintendo DS - buy this if you like new quirky stuff, this system is all about 'something different' whether it be blowing into the mike or scrubbing the screen. games take an interesting approach to control. this isnt really recommened if you like driving games. has decent side scrollers, no fighting games, again, its strenght is in its quirky-ness. also this plays all GBA games, so if youre considering the GBA, get this instead. i own a ds.

- Gamecube - family/kid oriented games. small controller. has no 2d games other than the multiplatform compilations. no good driving or fighting games really. the few exclusives the system has is for hardcore fans. i have the GC but its not my recommendation for someone to just have a large selection of fun.

- Playstation 2 - buy this if you want a large seletion in both games, and genres. has TONS of RPGs, driving games, fighting games, sports games, anything. probably be the best choice if youre a casual gamer. too many games to list. also doubles as a dvd player and can play old ps1 games (a large plus). this console is the in-between of GC adn XBOX. i do not have a ps2.

- Xbox - good if youre a graphics whore (i dont mean it in a bad way) although with the 360 out, you might reconsider. this console is the opposite of the gamecube, its more mature gamer oriented with shooters, racers and sports games leading the pact. i have the xbox but i mainly use it for the fighters and racers.

- PSP - a portable ps2 in many respects. has very nice graphics although as of yet there are no games that stand out and scream PLAY ME!. can play lots of other types of media such as movies and music. emulation is possible. i do not have a psp.

so there you go, make up your own mind depending on what you like best. for a portable id recommend the DS for a home console id recommend ps2.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In terms of playability and functionality? The 360, hands down.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm running from this thread and its incoming flames.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could buy a used PS2, GC, and Xbox for the cost of a new DS and much less than the cost of a new PSP. But if you are willing to buy a new PSP, then you could also buy a used GBA with the other 3 as well for that amount of cash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

PONG
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Right now i personally find the DS to be the most fun, so it would be my recceomendation, but really they're all ok systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well judging by you avatar I'd wager you enjoy RPGs and it looks likt the PS2 has some great ones out and coming out in the very near future.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want something you sit down and play infront of a TV, get the Gamecube. There's a tone of great titles on it that are both single player and fun multiplayer/party games. Lots of the games have great play and a few are really long.

But, if looking for something to carry around, get the Nintendo DS. I've looked at what a ton of the games are and what's going to come out and it's looking like a great investment. There's so many great titles re-released with updates for this handheld and nice graphics and use of both screens. Plus if you decide to do multiplayer, boom, great choice.

I'm not a complete Nintendo nut but I do enjoy a lot of what they have to offer. So lastely go with the Playstation 2. With all the thousands of titles between PS1 & PS2 you're going to be at it for awhile getting games you enjoy or even replay from the PS1 if you already have those.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get a Daewoo Zemmix. Best system ever.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can probably answer this question yourself. Ask yourself what do I like to play?
    RPGs?
    FPS?
    Sports?
    Action?
    Then see which system has the most of what you want and volia you have your answer.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is what you do.......

You take one TurboGrafx-16
    You take one Bonk's Adventure Hu card
    You take one Commodore 1084S-D1 monitor and custom RGB cable, and you mix the 3 ingredients thoroughly in a large stainless steel blender.

Serves 1. Enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta!
    has no 2d games other than the multiplatform compilations.
    You forgot the Game Boy Player and the Viewtiful Joe games (and it doesn't matter that they're not 2D).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Cube with the GBA player and a set wavebirds is pretty awesome overall.

Who said PONG!?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find that one system out of all is inherently the best, and that would be this one right here:

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Here is what you do.......

You take one TurboGrafx-16
    You take one Bonk's Adventure Hu card
    You take one Commodore 1084S-D1 monitor and custom RGB cable, and you mix the 3 ingredients thoroughly in a large stainless steel blender.

Serves 1. Enjoy
    RGB...what a surprise?

I'll tell ya what to get though. Nintendo DS. So many fucking bad ass titles are coming out on this system constantly. It started off REALLY slow when it came out, but nintendo gave it a swift kick in the ass and there's so many great titles out, and coming out on it. You can also play GBA games on it, so how can you lose?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course, I've got to suggest the NES. Nothing but fun, fun, fun. Damn good games of many different types.

I'd also say Neo Geo, but we all know you aren't going to buy Neo Geo because a guy on a forum suggested it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

current generation home consoles -

PS2:
    for the broadest and best overall library I would suggest the PS2 wich includes the PSone library also wich is a big + especially for RPG and "retro" gamers, also third party support is still strong and will continue well into the PS3s lifespan from both Sony and others wich cannot be said of either the Xbox 1 or Gamecube.

The only category that the PS2 is slightly lacking would be the FPS category (although it still has some good FPS games like project snowblind and BLACK) and of course RTS but RTS IMO should be for PC only.

Xbox 1 :
    The Xbox is good for more american flavored games but lacks in many areas that the PS2 excells at and no matter what you may read on some boards (even this one ) 90% of the multiports look exactly the same on both PS2 and Xbox.

Gamecube:
    Last but certainly not least is the Gamecube wich is a great system but the overall game library for the GC is a 3rd of what the PS2 or even Xbox can provide.

Of course the Gamecube does have the Metroid Prime games, Zelda - I still believe in ya big N - and the excellent RE4 and REmake - although RE4 is also available on the PS2 and is great on BOTH platforms with the PS2 having lots of great extra content (wich I prefer) and the Gamecube providing smoother visuals although I happen to think they look very close to identical.

Next-gen-

Xbox 360: I happen to think that this is a great system and will in the future have some must own AAA games like Halo 3 and a few others-Cmon KILLER INSTINCT and im sure that Microsoft has worked out most of the bugs that riddled the first shipment of the 360's.
    Then there is 3rd party support wich is strong enough for the American and European market but lacks in Japan-surprise
    Another plus is that the XBOX360 is available NOW- if u can find one that is.

PS3: So far the only thing that has impressed me on PS3 are the demos of MGS4 wich Kojima showed to be real time other than that its all smoke and mirrors once again for the egotistical and overconfident SONY and I would be much suprised IF they made a pre NOV '06 launch or even launched in '06 at all but all this matters not in that this is a PLAYSTATION brand and it will no doubt sell boatloads but what real content will they have as far as what matters -meaning- the GAMES MGS4 and Killzone yeah but when? probably a year to two years after launch at the earliest and RE5 ? that will be on the Xbox360 also.
    Also I do not think that the PS3 is going to be god-almighty-more-powerful than the 360 just the same as I knew the PS2 wasnt truly much more powerful than the Dreamcast.
    3rd party support: heres where Sonys machines have always excelled and the PS3 will most likely NOT be an acception with third party support you get the GAMES and the GAMES is what its all about.

Revolution: Now this is the true NEXT GENERATION system IMO offering more than slightly upgraded graphics for all the graphic whores out there and true Next-Gen gameplay wich could very well take both Sony and Microsoft by suprise if Nintendo is able to satisfy both their hardcore fanbase-many of wich reside here on this forum- AND bring in a whole new broader range of gamers and customers.
    3rd party support: this seems to be yet another "its a secret to everyone" kinda thing with the big N meaning that their are a few top tier developers very interested in the Revo like Konami (Kojima) and a few others but not suprisingly there are more 3rd party publishers/developers that have remained completely silent on the Revo up to this point.

BUT there is one big negative for the REVO - the games so far their have been pitifully few REAL games announced for the Revo besides Nintendos main series and a few others meaning that it would be a miracle if the REVOLUTION launched THIS YEAR with more than maybe 4-8 games at launch.