0 Posts

Okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I think this is a great idea. If the author contacts the judge then the judge might be a little bit more aware of how serious this is. Also if the judge knows the results of the case (along with his name) will be published he is less likely to slap this kids wrist and might give him a harsher settence and demand repayment to all those he defrauded.

I think this would make a great article in one of the major gaming magazines. One of them should run a story about this and how the guy got caught, it is pretty amazing.
    Anyone care to send it in to them or better yet know anyone who works for one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, this may be a stupid question, but did he get in trouble for selling re-sealed games, or using someone else's name for shipping purposes??

Reading through this there are mixed words that make me think both things. THANKS!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    Alright, this may be a stupid question, but did he get in trouble for selling re-sealed games, or using someone else's name for shipping purposes??

Reading through this there are mixed words that make me think both things. THANKS!
    Re-sealing. He mentioned himself on page 9.

Within the jurisdiction of this court, with the purpose to defraud another, utter numerous video game cartridges so that it appeared to have value because of antiquity, rarity, source, or authorship which the video game cartridges did not possess, specifically by buying used video game cartridges, repackaging the cartridges and selling them as new or collectable over eBay, in violation of N.J.S. 2C:21-2.

You are hereby summoned to appear before this court to answer this complaint. If you fail to appear on the date and at the time stated, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you guys find that the sealed NES market has taken a small dip due to this guy ??? I know it's tough to state that this one guy’s release of approximately 30 (?) fake games can cause the entire market to go down but I’ve been noticing that a lot of sealed NES games are selling for quite a bit cheaper these days. In fact, a couple auctions have been so cheap that I decided to pick them up! For example, SMB2 for about $100 !! in GEM MINT condition.

I’ve been keeping track of sealed NES auctions for some time now and these are the lowest prices I’ve seen in some time.

Thoughts ???
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Faxanadu
    Do you guys find that the sealed NES market has taken a small dip due to this guy ??? I know it's tough to state that this one guy’s release of approximately 30 (?) fake games can cause the entire market to go down but I’ve been noticing that a lot of sealed NES games are selling for quite a bit cheaper these days. In fact, a couple auctions have been so cheap that I decided to pick them up! For example, SMB2 for about $100 !! in GEM MINT condition.

I’ve been keeping track of sealed NES auctions for some time now and these are the lowest prices I’ve seen in some time.

Thoughts ???
    How much does SMB2 sealed usualy goes for? I dont look for sealed games, but i saw one copy on ebay about a year ago for around $130.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last year they would hover around 200 or so. I've seen them as high as $350. I've never seen one IN MINT cond go for $100.

Recently a SMB3 in good cond went for only $69 (pretty low)

I'm not saying the market is CRASHING! it's just that recent auction wins have been on the lower side of the price scale.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last year they would hover around 200 or so. I've seen them as high as $350. I've never seen one IN MINT cond go for $100.

Recently a SMB3 in good cond went for only $69 (pretty low)

I'm not saying the market is CRASHING! it's just that recent auction wins have been on the lower side of the price scale.
    Prices are the low side right now, yep. Although I don't think smb2 is a good example. A couple years ago they were only 75-90 or so. The 350 auction was just someone being a complete idiot. Very much an isolated incident.

But I think the reason has nothing to do with this guy - resealers have come and gone many times before. It has more to do with a few long time collectors taking a break..

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hmm, might partially explain how I got a sealed copy of NES Micro Machines for $9.99 recently on ebay.

Will show pics later.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not really. anything put out by camerica is super common sealed, although MM is a better title so would expect more like $20 than $10. Still, that seller (I know the one you must have bought from, starts with a 's' right?) doesn't have the right keywords in his auctions so they sometimes go cheap.

camerica are basically the same people that put out the aladdin games and you know how common those are to find new. I see all of those camerica titles, all of the time. That company must have produced way more than they sold.. hence the aladdin/camerica stuff that everywhere still sealed.

That said, MM is such a sweet game that you really can't go wrong for $10 for a sealed copy.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    That said, MM is such a sweet game that you really can't go wrong for $10 for a sealed copy.
    Thanks. Yeah, seller is sterlinggift.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thoughts ???
    Yeah, as there has been threads before on here about this, it's just certain times of the year that things sell alot better than they do at other times. I know for a FACT, that sealed games sell better during the winter months than they do during the summer months!
    I have to say that for some odd reason, I always have more spending money during the winter months and usually spend it all. So when summer comes along, I have no extra money to throw at sealed games on ebay. I have had to pass on many many great sealed games because of low funds. (I plan on that changing this summer though because I just got a new job)

But anyways, yes, i too noticed the drop in sealed games lately. For the SMB2, I think that's a great deal. Sometimes they do sell upwards of the 200 mark. I havnet really seen one sell lower then 100 lately. That's not to say that there hasn't been any though, I might have just missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan

Thoughts ???
    Yeah, as there has been threads before on here about this, it's just certain times of the year that things sell alot better than they do at other times. I know for a FACT, that sealed games sell better during the winter months than they do during the summer months!
    I have to say that for some odd reason, I always have more spending money during the winter months and usually spend it all. So when summer comes along, I have no extra money to throw at sealed games on ebay. I have had to pass on many many great sealed games because of low funds. (I plan on that changing this summer though because I just got a new job)

But anyways, yes, i too noticed the drop in sealed games lately. For the SMB2, I think that's a great deal. Sometimes they do sell upwards of the 200 mark. I havnet really seen one sell lower then 100 lately. That's not to say that there hasn't been any though, I might have just missed it.
    Ya, I guess it’s just a slow time for sealed games right now. Although, I’ve also noticed that several recent auctions would state that their game is 100% guaranteed authentic and If it could be proven that the seal was a fake there would be a full refund etc…

I’ve never really noticed this before.

I know that this small input of fake games is not going to kill the market! Probably a slow time as you guys have suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thread of the year. Awesome job guys in bringing justice to this world!
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Congrats, everyone...just caught this thread, since I don't go in the ebay forum much. Excellent work. A secret forum for invitees only for future events like this, as someone mentioned, is a great idea.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

omfg!!11 pwned

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vididiots is no longer welcome here on DP. Scamming in general is just bad news, especially the classic gaming community.

I commend everyone in their efforts to bring this guy down.

Buyer Beware, vididiots, as many have pointed out, has been on various forums including NES World as well as RF Generation, and several other videogame forums and has been known to post under various aliases such as:

vididiots
    nick333
    donbills
    burnambill333
    mister_slug

(Various myspace.com and other information about this guy is obviously throughout this thread if you need to do more research)

Remember guys and gals, this won't be the last time you will see a scammer in the classic gaming community, if you have suspicion, feel free to PM a Mod or an Admin with your concern. Just remember, just because it says it's sealed, new, doesn't mean it is original.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was wondering why NM didn't post in the Introduce Yourself thread

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The scammer claimed he notified the moderators here that he was back, is that true? He said this on NESWORLD:

And for the record, I did alert the moderators of DP about my idenity.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Oh indeed he did. We just don't tolerate scammers like this full stop on DP. So out he went.