Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone else have one of these? [update]

Pic From:
    http://www.9thtee.com/funstuff.htm

I won one of these in an auction yesterday and can't seem to find out much more about it other than what's on the page above. Any more info would be great.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it reminds me of the imfamous Dr.Boy, which also has a built in LCD screen. the boy is shaped like a large color gameboy and plays basically the same games offered on the webpage. the LCD game is horrible and very loud, its a throwaway novelty that plays like a very bad dk jr. the curious thing about the boy is the cartridge, theres actually a pink gameboy sized cart in it that contains the roms for the TV games. i've always wondered where i could find more carts for it. perhaps thats why the webpage says that your system "may" contain some of these games, it may also have a cartridge in it.

you might find more info if you search the subjects "megajoy" or "famiclone"
    ________
    Medical marijuana news
    Last edited by christianscott27; 03-23-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default thing

Christian -Q- In your opinion is it worth the $37 posted on the website? (i.e. -how rare/cool a collectible is this?) Thanks

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

things like this usually turn up on ebay and finish for about $20. its your call would you pay $50 (with shipping etc) for bunch of pirated NES games?

its not exactly collectible, although there are a few of us who are attracted to these funny things, i have half a dozen of them myself. the cool factor from these things is that you can bring it on vactation with you and play games on the guestroom TV without much fuss. i cant call anything thats, a) new and b) readily available on the web, a rare item but perhaps in the future it will be a hard to find item for somebody's famiclone collection.
    ________
    Blowjob Swallow
    Last edited by christianscott27; 03-23-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a BIN for the one above for $19.99 on Yahoo auctions. I found a lot of information on similar systems, partially thanks to christianscott27's tips though I'm still having trouble finding info on this particular model. IMO it's a nice little addition to my collection though I don't think I'll be running out and picking up every one of these I can find (unless they come cheap).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, yes, it does look like a Dr. Boy kinda. I have one that I am probably going to auction off sometime soon along with some other famicom clone I have. Odd little systems. The Dr. Boy I have comes with a blue gameboy looking cart. Not sure what games are on it, I never played it. I think it's still new assuming the original seller never took it out of the box.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This'll be all over chinatown when the snow melts, I may need to make a field trip.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UPDATE

Well, my Power Player arrived yesterday and I must say it's an interesting little device. It's got some great games in it with some interesting clones and hacks. The best hack of all is a version of Donkey Kong Junior that replaces our little hero with a Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-looking turtle. I don't think there is quite 168 games on the system as there are a lot of duplicates but there is certainly a lot. It has a lot of the same games as the Dr.Boy http://nesworld.parodius.com/drboy.htm with a few differences. In all, an interesting little pirate well worth the $20.