Thread: Anyone collecting the Gamepro/Joyride toys?while alot of the

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone collecting the Gamepro/Joyride toys?while alot of the

While most of the toys ar EA games, there have been some really good Sega and Nintendo ones. The Luigis Manshion toy was pretty sharp.

Anyways, i got two that are labeled "Prototype" figures, they are unpainted and numbered on the figure. Anyone know about these?

One is Beat from Jet Grind, and the other is Alex from crazy taxi 1. The Beat figure is the normal one, but the Alex figure never actually came out.

Anyone know more?
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want the Super Monkey Ball and Jet Set ones,can you buy them online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm waiting for that Samus Aran figure myself. It looks kind of silly, but it's the first Metroid toy to be made. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I wonder if it'll have a removable helmet.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think the "prototypes" that you're talking about are the ones that are sold in stores and have 500 each made. if you bought the alex one in a store, it could have been released only as the "prototype" version, are you sure it didnt get released though? if you got it from somewhere other than a store and it had no packaging, and turns out to be unreleased, then it might be a real prototype.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone collecting the Gamepro/Joyride toys?while alot of

Quote Originally Posted by brandver3
    Anyways, i got two that are labeled "Prototype" figures, they are unpainted and numbered on the figure. Anyone know about these?
    The "prototype" pieces were supposed to be packed at a rate of one per case, at least in the series 2 vehicle run (Super Monkey Ball Baby & GonGon and Crazy Taxi) and are nothing more then unpainted variations. The thing I'm trying to figure out is they are numbered 1 to 500, which would put the total production at 500 cases, which sounds very low. Back in early December I found a site that was selling off the cases for $35 or so and got one of each of the vehicles series (1 & 2) for the SMBall pieces to give as gifts. From a retailer stand point, I think the mix was horrible. Does anyoe really need/want Cel Damage and SSX Tricky figures?

Mike

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Samus Figure just came out. It has changable heads.

Series 4 is Link riding Eponia (wow), Samus, Beat from Jet Grind, 2 Medal of Honor Planes.

The Command and Conquer figure sets were cool. There were 2 blisters, one for each side and it had a miniture tank and 10 mini soilders. I thought that was a cool idea.

Also by Joyride but not part of the Gamepro series is the honking big Mechwarrior Figures you may have seen.

As for the "Prototype" figures, My fiance works at Babbages, so I have been keeping up with the series. The Beat figure is just the regular one without paint. I found the serial # on his skate. "488 of 500". The Alex from Crazy Taxi has only been out in the "prototype" version. They never made a painted version, which is why I got the gray one. And they are not one per a case, because her store has had about 12 cases of all of them and these are the only 2 "prototype" figures they have pulled out.

And 500 in action figure terms is a REALLY low #.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandver3
    And they are not one per a case, because her store has had about 12 cases of all of them and these are the only 2 "prototype" figures they have pulled out.
    The info packet Joyride mailed me listed them as one per case. Very possible they had different cases for "specialty" stores, which is very common in the toy biz.

-Mike

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you only buy these at stores?The Gamestop by my house doesn't have any of them.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the bottom of the ad i saw for Major Mike and Dan Elektro, there were a few stores that carried them. i remember suncoast.com and walgreens, but not the rest. i might have the mag around here somewhere. wait, remember an EB i think.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Entertainment Earth is where I got them in December. I just checked thir page and they have some in stock. They only sell complete sets and cases though.

-Mike