Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Default EB Really Sucks!

Well about a month and half ago I put Pain-killer Hell wars on pre-order for the X-Box. That was March 12, used credit card.The next day got an e-mail saying it wasn't coming out until April 15. I said OK fine I'll get it about the same time as my B-day May 1,Of course that didn't happen either.Was looking on line and then it said wasn't do to arrive in stores until May 2.Now it's not coming out until the end of May.When does this shit stop.I don't think they should be able to say when a game is coming out unless they really know for sure you know? Like as far as being able to pay for the friggin thing at least. For all I know I may not even want it in 6 months. (When I'll prob. get it) I only pre-ordered because of a groovy Hell Wars T-shirt that comes with it.I am not basing this just on this one crappy dealing with them I've been Burnt by them before.To top that all off my wife cancelled that credit card and they don't have a cancel order option.(Of Course).

Well this will probobaly piss some people off who work for em'
    My condolences.
    Just had to rant about it.

The Shawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats more of the fault of the developer, not EB.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're angry at EB because the developer is pushing back the release date?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

I'm saying that they shouldn't have a pre-order unless they know for sure when it's coming out.Unless it's something that they think they will run out of of course. I feel it should be set in stone when a game is coming out. Always have.

The Shawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can never know for sure. For all EB knows the first release date given by the developer is for sure.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn
    I'm saying that they shouldn't have a pre-order unless they know for sure when it's coming out.Unless it's something that they think they will run out of of course. I feel it should be set in stone when a game is coming out. Always have.

The Shawn
    Dude, how could they ever know?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Well since this happens all the time maybe the game developer should be under contract in the first place? OK OK listen:What if you have a 10 year old kid and his B-day is coming up and you have 50 dollars only to spend on him.The kid say's I want a video game that's on this web-site, so you order it because no-where on the site does it say May or May not be in on scheduled date.You only find out after youve ordered it. Would you be pissed? and who would you be pissed at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though it's not technically EB's fault, I feel your pain.

there's nothing worse than having paid/pre-ordered something, and it just doesn't come in. You feel cheated and lied to

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to preorder Hitman: Blood Money last July when I heard it was coming out in August...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I understand your frustration. You are just directing it at the wrong entity. Perhaps instead of being pissed at EBGames, you should be pissed at the game developers for setting unrealistic goals and jerking the retailers around.

I mean, wouldn't it be better if they could release games early? Wouldn't that help sales? They should set extremely pessimistic release dates for their games, and then if things go well, they can move the release date up. I think that pushing the release date of a not-all-that-hot game hurts it's sales because people just eventually give up and spend their money on something else.

EBGames sucks, but not because of this.

Chris

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm saying that they shouldn't have a pre-order unless they know for sure when it's coming out.
    You mean like all the stores did with the PS2?

Or the Xbox?

Or the Xbox 360?

Or the soon-to-be released PS3? (It's gonna happen folks...)

How in the name of all that is Holy is this the store's fault? If they're promised to get 100 copies/units and then the distributor/maker says, "Oops! Can only give you 10!," you can hardly fault the store. Or if the release date is pushed back. Or if the game is cancelled completely.... Etc.

Folks who pre-order drive me nuts. Wait until you can go to the store and pluck one off the shelf rather than taking your chances with the crapshoot that is pre-ordering.

And this isn't dirtected at you specifically Shawn. I'm gearing up for the complaints that will occur the day after the PS3 release. ("But I put $400 down! They should've blah blah blah!")
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Folks who pre-order drive me nuts. Wait until you can go to the store and pluck one off the shelf rather than taking your chances with the crapshoot that is pre-ordering.
    The pre-orders often come with goodies; I wish I had gotten the SOTN soundtrack and the JGR and XIII soundtracks when I had the chance (all given away during the preorder).

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    The pre-orders often come with goodies; I wish I had gotten the SOTN soundtrack and the JGR and XIII soundtracks when I had the chance (all given away during the preorder).
    That *is* a good point, and I'll concede the point. But throwing money at someone for a promise that they may have something in stock months from now - stock they have no control over, in fact - that just smacks of risk and potential disappointment. It happens everytime and it's Gonna. Happen. Again.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Hey you fellerz can think what you want I have a Viable standpoint with the what if? option

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you talking about ebgames.com? You mentioned getting an email about this.

The offline store policy is a bit more flexible. You could move the deposit to preorder a different game or cancel it for the credit and buy magazines and controllers and PSP carrying cases or whatever you want. Refunds would also be possible, but not if your card was cancelled. I'm pretty sure you can't, at least. Never had that come up at my stores.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As some of you may or may not know, I run an independent
    store here in australia and as a rule of thumb I dont accept
    full payment for games before they are released as more then often games dont come out on time, it is not my fault!,
    yet customers usally get cranky about it, so i just offer the preorder
    bonuses as long as 50% is paid thus not being a problem if
    a. The game is delayed, or b. the game gets a cheaper release.

Most of the stores that deal with my suppliers have now adopted
    this method as it seems to of kept customers a little more happier
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

EB games cancels my preorders if I no longer want them...

And if you are bitchy about paying for it and not knowing when it'll come out...

Don't preorder?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    EB games cancels my preorders if I no longer want them...

And if you are bitchy about paying for it and not knowing when it'll come out...

Don't preorder?
    So once again the original topic no one reads.First off I am talking about the F***ing website. And no they do not cancell games.And no nowhere on the site does it state that it may not be the actual date the game is released.Understand????

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What if you have a 10 year old kid and his B-day is coming up and you have 50 dollars only to spend on him.The kid say's I want a video game that's on this web-site, so you order it because no-where on the site does it say May or May not be in on scheduled date.You only find out after youve ordered it. Would you be pissed? and who would you be pissed at?

I'd tell the kid, "Sorry bud, no games over 20 bucks. If you want this 50 dollar game you'll just havta wait 'til the price drops from 50 to 20."

"Or you could wash my car 10 times, 3 dollars each wash, and earn the money."

"Your choice."

(Can you tell I avoid pre-orders like the plague?)

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ran an independant shop a while back and could never understand why the "big guys" would jump on preorders when they knew full well that they couldn't guarantee a ship date or quantity......especially with heavily allocated stuff like console launches. I know people who STILL don't have their preordered 360s. At times it made EB seem like they were running scared for sales. I would have people in to buy from me and the story was always the same. "preordered over at EB and didn't get one so I'm here to see if you have one". EB was always the one constant in the equasion. These people have got to change the way that they do business. Grabbing the money comes first, delivering on the goods comes second.

While we're on the subject of EB.....I know full well that the profit lies in used games and not new, but I'm tired of walking up to an EB counter for a new game and getting the automatic response "we have it used!". Look.....if I wanted a scuffed up, fingerprinted "previously enjoyed" copy I'd have asked for it, okay? Stop offering it as if the manager has a gun to your head.