Thread: Import price guide?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Import price guide?

I've been following auction prices for a number import games, but since there are no import shops in my area, ebay is the only place I see them priced. I know that the DP guide has some coverage of import games, but I was wondering if someone knew of any price guides focusing primarily on JP or Euro games. ??
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What games? I bet some of us could give you a good idea...but there's NO guide for import prices as far as I know.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Video Game Bible ( http://www.videogamebible.com ) is planning one. But don't expect that to be finished anytime soon.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

What systems are you looking for? Most of the classic system imports are in the Guide. Post-crash systems, some import lists are online. I'm working with some folks on Mega-Drive, Saturn, and Master System import rarity lists as well, but it takes time, especially when you're working with people who haven't done this sort of thing before.

I need to move to Japan for a few years, then move to Europe for a few years. It's difficult getting a handle on the stuff where I'm at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be happy to help where I can with the PC Engine list, DP! That's about my only serious area of expertise for imports...
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I'd love a foreign SMS list. I still havent seen two lists that are 100% correct. Too many UR and NR?

Tempest

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, if you wanna se a really bad SMS games list, go to Alexkidd.com
    Their games list has at least 30 titles that don't exist!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    What games? I bet some of us could give you a good idea...but there's NO guide for import prices as far as I know.
    Well, what set me off in particular was GLEYLANCER (JP Megadrive), which just seems really expensive. The latest example is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1488

BATTLE MANIA 2 (JP MD) is another one that's pretty pricey and doesn't come up very often on ebay. I've also had my eye on BATSUGUN (JP Saturn) and ZANAC X ZANAC (JP PS). Batsugun seems to regularly go for $40-45 on ebay, and Zanac X Zanac doesn't come up often enough to have what I would consider a "regular" price, although wolfgames used to sell it for around $50, the last completed ebay auction went for around $100, and there's one up now with a $35.00 opening bid and a $65.00 BIN. Since I'm also mildly curious about Shikigami No Shiro and Psyvariar, I've got a saved search in ebay for
    (psyvariar,batsugun,zanac,gleylancer,gley lancer,shikigami,shiki gami,battle mania,battlemania,troubleshooter 2,trouble shooter 2) -nes -hentai

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    What systems are you looking for? Most of the classic system imports are in the Guide. Post-crash systems, some import lists are online. I'm working with some folks on Mega-Drive, Saturn, and Master System import rarity lists as well, but it takes time, especially when you're working with people who haven't done this sort of thing before.

I need to move to Japan for a few years, then move to Europe for a few years. It's difficult getting a handle on the stuff where I'm at.
    As you can tell from my short list above, I'm mainly interested in post-crash imports from the last two console generations. I'm encouraged to see that you're going to try to tackle this job, which I can imagine will be huge! I guess I just need to get a copy of the 8th edition DP Collector's Guide. Seriously, though, do you anticipate that 8th ed. will have a fairly comprehensive list of MD, SS and SMS import prices? I notice that you aren't mentioning PS imports at this point, which would be yet another gargantuan undertaking.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    I guess I just need to get a copy of the 8th edition DP Collector's Guide. Seriously, though, do you anticipate that 8th ed. will have a fairly comprehensive list of MD, SS and SMS import prices? I notice that you aren't mentioning PS imports at this point, which would be yet another gargantuan undertaking.
    Well for starters it won't be called the same thing, and our first book on those systems will be a first edition. Probably be "DP Collector's Guide Advance" as you see today.

As for what imports will be covered, I can guarantee Mega-Drive, Super Famicom, and Saturn. SMS will stick to our 8-bit guide, however - though an import rarity guide online is a possibility prior to seeing it in the book. THAT depends largely on Raccoon Lad here, who is the editor of that section. I'm sure that our list is accurate but the pricing needs work based on the last update I received.