Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 e3 Thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Xbox 360 e3 Thread

The Wii has it's threads and the PS3 has it's threads, so I think the 360 deserves it's own little e3 thread, to discuss everything in the world of Xbox 360. There are some things to discuss by the way like......

1. Halo 3
    2. Gears of War
    3. Tony Hawk's Project 8
    4. HD DVD drive
    5. Wireless Steering Wheel with Force Feedback
    6. Xbox 360 Camera
    7. Too Human
    8. Madden 2007 available on the 360 on August 30th, 78 days before the Playstation 3 version
    9. Forza Motorsports 2
    10. Shadowrun

Just to name a few things out there. Here is what I want people to actually check out though... Here is a High Definition trailer of Tony Hawk's Project 8 on the Xbox 360, pretty damn amazing if you ask me.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...gh-Definition/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too Human is looking pretty sweet, but from what I have read so far, it still seems a bit off. The game has only been in development for over 8 years.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Halo 3 trailer impressed me, I have to say - though it was a bit too brief. And Gears of War always looks good I'm surprised that we've not heard or seen UT2007 on the Xbox 360 yet... I very much hope it makes it across!

Oh, and let us not forget that Lumines Live is coming! I think they even hinted that we might be able to use our own music while playing, which would be friggin' awesome!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Shadowrun:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ml?sid=6150590

When you mentioned the game had made a showing at E3 I was momentarily excited. Immediately checked Gamespot and read that article. What complete garbage. I knew the game had been announced as an FPS but I honestly had envisioned something akin to Bethesda's "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", first person perspective but an adventure game at heart (had already lost hope on a true RPG). But capture the flag? Give me a fucking break. If they're going to create yet another genaric FPS they didn't need the Shadowrun license to do so.

Gotta love this sentence though: "Other, currently unannounced races will also appear in the finished game." yeah no shit, they'll be orks, trolls, and dwarves in addition to the human and elves. Unless they decide to completely ignore cannon.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

It's JUST an FPS? Lame. Shadowrun has way more of a potential than just that.

I want to see weird techno-magic shit and imagery-tastic internet hacking damnit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know it's slightly off topic, but for years now I've been pronouncing Lumines as Loo Mines, I feel like a right idiot.

But back on topic, Halo 3 looks amazing, and DOA Xtreme 2 looks pretty good from the video I've seen.

The thing about 360 that I like the most is the arcade, especially now that they're getting some more well known delelopers signed up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Lumines Live = Shot between the up rights
    GTA4 = Kick in the ribs while they're getting up.

MS just wailed on Sony with their press conference and hopefully they're only getting started.

Now there's no reason to but a PSP other then impaitence andquite frankly if you have that you won't enjoy the experience anyways.

Oh and there's the grand-daddy of CO-OP, CONTRA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

E3 has hyped me up for 360 in a big way. You may want to add Bioshock and Fable 2 to your list

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DOA Beach Volleyball 2 (did you see IGN's screens?)......or the NEW new DOA fighter.....or Ninja Gaiden. Volleyball 2 will have games other than just volleyball. Sounds very interesting and even more fun than the first one.

Good thread BTW. 'Bout time that people realize......the Xbox 360 is a NEXT gen console....and it's here already. You can buy it now....you don't have to wait to get into the new stuff. Sometimes I think that Microsoft made a mistake launching it early because people simply view it as a current gen new white Xbox. Even the general attitude on DP seems to reflect that. There's no love for the system as next gen. Go buy one and live with it as some of us already have. You'll see how powerful and amazing this console really is. Even if it launched on the same day as the PS3.....I have a feeling that the 360 would still have been my console of choice. It's funny that it actually turned out to be the "affordable" one.

The software lineup is shaping up nicely indeed. I'm very happy in my choice.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    DOA Beach Volleyball 2 (did you see IGN's screens?)......or the NEW new DOA fighter.....or Ninja Gaiden. Volleyball 2 will have games other than just volleyball. Sounds very interesting and even more fun than the first one.
    One word: Jetskis

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Lumines Live = Shot between the up rights
    GTA4 = Kick in the ribs while they're getting up.

MS just wailed on Sony with their press conference and hopefully they're only getting started.

Now there's no reason to but a PSP other then impaitence andquite frankly if you have that you won't enjoy the experience anyways.

Oh and there's the grand-daddy of CO-OP, CONTRA.

hell yeah, that and UMK3... super freakin sweeeet.

FATALITY...
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer

I want to see weird techno-magic shit and imagery-tastic internet hacking damnit.
    Yeah, I have to agree with that. While it doesn't look like it will be an Adventure/FPS, I can see a single player mode along the lines (rougly) of Deus Ex.

What has me more excited is multiplayer, with unique classes (Technomages, Street Samurais, Deckers, Shamans, etc) equating to unique styles of play. Abilities will be upgraded, arsenals bought out (a la Counterstrike), and the ability to resurrect on the battlefield is something I'm shocked hasn't been exploited yet.

Shadowrun went from a meh to mewhen I thought it WOULD just be a FPS/Adventure game, to something really fresh in the realm of multiplayer. Bring it on Sega!
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    One word: Jetskis
    Two words: Butt Bumping.

Quote Originally Posted by nijska
    I strongly disagree. I was really put off by Microsoft pushing the licensed music element of Lumines Live!. One of the most defining features of the PSP game is the soundtrack based on excellent original music. If Live doesn't incorporate that, the game will lose a good deal of the luster.

Additionally, playing on the PSP has a charm in and of itself.

Besides, the PSP has lots of very excellent titles on it that justify it's purchase beyond Lumines. Mega Man Powered Up, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, Exit, Capcom Classics Remix, Me and My Katamari, and Popocropolis to name a few. Not to mention the forthcoming sequel to Lumines that will undoubtably have another excellent soundtrack.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer

I expect it will get the same treatment as MechWarrior. The story will be disposable, but the game mechanics should be fast, it will probably be fun to play and visually spiffy. I'm not going to preorder it or anything, but I'm pretty sure it won't totally suck.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good thread BTW. 'Bout time that people realize......the Xbox 360 is a NEXT gen console....and it's here already. You can buy it now....you don't have to wait to get into the new stuff. Sometimes I think that Microsoft made a mistake launching it early because people simply view it as a current gen new white Xbox. Even the general attitude on DP seems to reflect that. There's no love for the system as next gen. Go buy one and live with it as some of us already have. You'll see how powerful and amazing this console really is.

The first one to show up to the party always gets kinda ignored and the fationably late ones get all the play. That's just the way it goes..

As for seeing the power the 360 has, there is no question that anybody that plays the Lost Planet demo that is available now will quickly see how ridiculously powerful the 360 is. Lost Planet is simply amazing, and it already has near Gears of War graphic qualities. Pretty damn amazing if you ask me!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am very impressed with the direction of the 360. They came with games. The second gen looks real good and I'm excited.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

I've been saying Gears of War will be awsome for the last 8 months, finaly there are games that look next gen on the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    I've been saying Gears of War will be awsome for the last 8 months, finaly there are games that look next gen on the system.
    Oblivion and Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter look pretty damn next gen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Oblivion and Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter look pretty damn next gen.
    Oblivion is on PC so doesn't really count to me, and Ghost Recon could have been made on xbox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

GOD DAMN CAPCOM, STREET FUCKING FIGHTER 2 WHERE IS IT?