Thread: Ow! Shotgun to the face! (Nintendo halts Zelda freebie)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ow! Shotgun to the face! (Nintendo halts Zelda freebie)

According to this site, http://www.phuck-ign.com/, Nintendo is getting so sick of stores offering the Zelda bonus disc on its own, rather than as an incentive to purchase Zelda: The Wind Waker, that they refuse to make more copies of it. Now I've seen game stores bend the rules regarding release dates and promotional offers, but I've never seen them get reprimanded so severely for it. The worst part of this is that it's the customer who will ultimately suffer the most from Nintendo's actions.
    Get 'yer Zelda bonus discs while you can, folks, because they may just be the next Panzer Dragoon Saga.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, that's what I heard too. GameStop is now not getting their expected second shipment. Grab them while you can!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i bet nintendo is doing this on purpose, so they can leak out copies through ebay or other places for big $$$.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Yes the Millionaire Suits at nintendo get their jollies making a few bucks on ebay.

I think Shigeru Miyamotos Ebay name is HELLR4z0r666 feedback -34

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense, but do you really think Nintendo would halt a program like this because retailers began givng out the disks early? The truth is, before the official start of the program (Feb. 16th) there were a ton of reports of stores giving away the disks early. This is not a concern in any way shape or form, for any reason whatsoever. The only affect this had on Nintendo is that the gameplay info wasn't ready, so people calling the gameplay line asking for help on the dungeons weren't able to get help on some of the later levels.

The truth is, (and 99% of the time this is the way it is), retail outlets which have high turnover don't tell their employees enough (or the employees don't listen). So when staring at red faced customers who they oversold presells to last week, employees naturally tell them the first thing that gets john Q customer off their back. Sorry, I guess that sounds biased, but it really is the truth.

The truth is the promotion is in fact "while supplies last", and keep in mind that only 100,000 were made for Japan. If you wind up unable to get ahold of a disc, there is hope.

You can order the bundle pak through Nintendo Power magazine, which is 69.95. you get Wind waker, the bonus disc, the wind waker player's guide, and a one year subscription to nintendo power. If your stores don't carry it anymore, regardless of what they say, you do have options.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Nintendo themselves have already said that the program is continuing regardless of anything the retailers are saying...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Default Re: Ow! Shotgun to the face! (Nintendo halts Zelda freebie)

@Fluke: Thanks for clearing that up. Besides, how reliable a resource can a site called 'phuck-ign' (or any profanity laced URL) be anyways...
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, phuck-ign.com is one of the few sites I have on mylist. it's your standard cut-n-paste news site, so a lot of the news items are biased, but like any good consumer you just separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how about some legwork...

well, i put this post to the test over the last two days. 9 shops, and NO one had a pre-order disc. the 3 toys-r-us stores i went to "ran out" and "didn't know" if they'd be getting any more by the time the game came out. 2 k-marts each only got 25 discs, and they also don't "expect more anytime this month or so" 2 best buys- no dice, not much help, either, lol. 1 software, etc. and one gamestop (no help at all there, one guy actually TRIED to make fun of me for looking, but that didn't last).

i DID see about 20 suikoden IIIs and a couple of copies of rez in my travels, though...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

I have never seen the commercial prior to this weekend for the bonus disc, now i see it all the time. Twice today it was on.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that sucks for me then. I hope to god nintnendo ships out at least a million of those buggers (excuse me, people across the pond) or I'm not going to have much fun at work for the next week or so.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad I already got my copy.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    actually, phuck-ign.com is one of the few sites I have on mylist. it's your standard cut-n-paste news site, so a lot of the news items are biased, but like any good consumer you just separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.
    Fair enough. What do they show a bias against out of curiosity? Or is it a hit and miss wrt biases since they have none of their own content?
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, each news item is posted individually by a group that runs the site. So for instance there was a news item where the person posting the news used the dreaded and purile M$ distinction when talking about microsoft. with a site like phuck-ign, you can't really say the whole site is biased one way or the other, it's the individuals that post their views on the clip they are posting about.

As for the news items themselves, same rule applies. If I see the headline "Micro$oft takes it up the a$$ ha ha ha phuck you Gates of Borg", I read it as Microsoft reports losses in home entertainment division, which is the division responsible for xbox." Just the facts, ma'am.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm, they really aren't making anymore. They only made a certain number of copies. And I don't know for sure, but most Gamestop, FuncoLand, and Software Etc. have given out all of their disks. And there will not be another shipment. We were told that we will NOT be receiving anymore. So, if you haven't gotten one, chances are you probably wont unless you know someone who is willing to part with it, or wait a few years for it to show up at a flea market.
    "Have you seen the world to do, up and down park avenue. On that famous thoroughfare with their noses in the air....."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm already at Gannon in Master Quest.. It's almost time to file it away next to Rogue Squadron to not be touched again for a few years.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful, Smart, and Witty anotherfluke
    You can order the bundle pak through Nintendo Power magazine, which is 69.95. you get Wind waker, the bonus disc, the wind waker player's guide, and a one year subscription to nintendo power. If your stores don't carry it anymore, regardless of what they say, you do have options.
    Umm, for those who missed it the first time. I can't say whether there will be more coming, since they haven't told us. I'll ask at work and see what marketing says.