Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did i get outbid on a extremeley awesome Castlevania auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Did i get outbid on a extremeley awesome Castlevania auction

Welp heres one that seem to have fallen under the radar. i tried to bid on it that night and bid $196.00 and was outbid at $201.00 . i should have bid higher but got cold feet near the end lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Castlevania-15-p...QQcmdZViewItem

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh wow. =( I wish I'd known about this

I've been tring to get Castlevania X and Legends for so long.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh man! a factory sealed Dracula X!! I would have put in a 500 dollar bid on that one. FUK! that pisses me off if i knew it was there, why couldn't the guy just put snes or super nintendo in the title. Then again, that would have reached more collector's and he would have gotten alot more than 200 dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

WOW I agree with DJ if only he put SNES he would have gotten a ton more. Drac X sealed alone is worth 500, easily. Holy shit.

seller lost out on 500 bucks, easily.

I think he could have gotten 700 for the whole dang lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man that sucks i was gonna bid really high but the guy only has like 8 feedback and i got a little worried thinking he might be a ripper. but if all goes well the other buyer should be getting a great deal. plus i was a little sceptic on the seal on the dracula x, the guy told me he used to work at a game store that would gut games and reseal them, but he claimed this seal was original. lol?

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    WOW I agree with DJ if only he put SNES he would have gotten a ton more. Drac X sealed alone is worth 500, easily. Holy shit.

No doubt. You could've bought that whole lot and made all your money back and then some by selling off that sealed Dracula X.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

The dracula x has a sticker (inventory of some kind) inside the shrink wrap, it's almost certainly a re-seal.

That said, a member of these forums bought a mint dracula x in condition similar to that and resold it for $250, making over $140 off of me.

You lost out, I would have bid up to $300 if I knew about that just to get back the game I miss.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger
    The dracula x has a sticker (inventory of some kind) inside the shrink wrap, it's almost certainly a re-seal.

That said, a member of these forums bought a mint dracula x in condition similar to that and resold it for $250, making over $140 off of me.

You lost out, I would have bid up to $300 if I knew about that just to get back the game I miss.
    I noticed the same thing, but it only looks like its on the inside on the pic where the game is laying down. After looking closer i'd say its on the outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger

I noticed the same thing, but it only looks like its on the inside on the pic where the game is laying down. After looking closer i'd say its on the outside.
    Well either way the winner got a fantastic bargain

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sure the seller has been contacted with higher offers after the listing closed, it may be the buyer who ends up getting screwed in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Steven

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="Ro7co"]I am sure the seller has been contacted with higher offers after the listing closed, it may be the buyer who ends up getting screwed in the end[quote]

yup that would include me. For some reason he told me that he didn't ship out the items yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[quote="dj_spryte"][quote="Ro7co"]I am sure the seller has been contacted with higher offers after the listing closed, it may be the buyer who ends up getting screwed in the end

yup that would include me. For some reason he told me that he didn't ship out the items yet.
    no offense but tsk tsk. Seriously, man... the high bidder got a top deal. It was the seller's fault for not putting SNES.

If I won that, and some yay-hoo contacted the seller to buy it at a higher price I'd be freaking pissed as hell.

Have a little integrity. The guy got a great deal, tip your cap and let him have his moment which he earned.

Again, no offense or malice intended. I am not the high bidder nor do I know him, but I just find it a bit sleazy to contact the seller and say "look, I'll offer you 600" or whatever. I just find that morally wrong. But maybe that's just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="Steven"][quote="dj_spryte"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro7co
    I am sure the seller has been contacted with higher offers after the listing closed, it may be the buyer who ends up getting screwed in the end

no offense but tsk tsk. Seriously, man... the high bidder got a top deal. It was the seller's fault for not putting SNES.

If I won that, and some yay-hoo contacted the seller to buy it at a higher price I'd be freaking pissed as hell.

Have a little integrity. The guy got a great deal, tip your cap and let him have his moment which he earned.

Again, no offense or malice intended. I am not the high bidder nor do I know him, but I just find it a bit sleazy to contact the seller and say "look, I'll offer you 600" or whatever. I just find that morally wrong. But maybe that's just me.

Agreed 100%. Don't screw the winning bidder over because you didn't see this till it was too late.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some ya-hoo?? you don't even know me and your calling me a ya-hoo? pathetic. it was a bad idea fine the guy already shipped it out as of today. Next time i'll just keep things to myself. dude, you take things way too seriously in these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dj_spryte
    some ya-hoo?? you don't even know me and your calling me a ya-hoo? pathetic. it was a bad idea fine the guy already shipped it out as of today. Next time i'll just keep things to myself. dude, you take things way too seriously in these forums.
    no man you misinterpret me. I didn't call you a yahoo. Granted, it looks like I did, but that was not my intention. When I posted that I was just a little peeved. I apologize since you interpret it as me calling you a yahoo, which wasn't my meaning. All I'm saying is, I think it's wrong. That's all.

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He never said it was factory sealed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man why does a lot of people wanna fight on this site. geesh. no offense to anyone specific but it seems like this is like the meanest group of traders on a trade site lol. im always reading where someone flipping out on someone. and yea i didnt post this to have everyone go offer them higher. in fact i waited like a week and half before i even posted it. thats why i did wait. im glad he shipped them, that just isnt fair to the original buyer. he got a great deal. leave it at that. quit trying to be so greety people. steven and griking have the idea. you guys are totally right. man even I didnt email the seller afterwards. i got outbid thats how it goes the other guy got a great deal. no biggie there will be others. i just wanted to show how awesome that auction was really. geesh im glad i waited a week, half the people on here are like a pack wild dogs lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man why does a lot of people wanna fight on this site. geesh. no offense to anyone specific but it seems like this is like the meanest group of traders on a trade site lol. im always reading where someone flipping out on someone. and yea i didnt post this to have everyone go offer them higher. in fact i waited like a week and half before i even posted it. thats why i did wait. im glad he shipped them, that just isnt fair to the original buyer. he got a great deal. leave it at that. quit trying to be so greety people. steven and griking have the idea. you guys are totally right. man even I didnt email the seller afterwards. i got outbid thats how it goes the other guy got a great deal. no biggie there will be others. i just wanted to show how awesome that auction was really. geesh im glad i waited a week, half the people on here are like a pack wild dogs lol.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

exactly =)

As sad as it may be that you don't get something you want, that's just how it goes.