11 61.11%

Thread: NHL 2007 or NHL 2K7???

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NHL 2007 or NHL 2K7???

Which to buy for my "regular" Xbox??? Which is better this year guys??? Thanks!!! Please vote and comment!!!
    DC--- It's STILL thinking....!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Moving to modern gaming.

>>>punt<<<

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played either game, but I love Segas 2K games better than EA's.

That being said I thought NHL 2K6 sucked, I am still playing 2K5.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have to go with the 2k series. I think that the ea overall franchises have slipped. I also think that ther has been an overall underground conspiracy to slow the impact of 2k games buy giving medocre reviews to there products even when they are the more clearly better developed.

I laugh when I read some of the 2k reviews when the exclusitivity wasn't an issue 2k reviews were matching there product 9.0/9.5. Now with all the money and the need for sales to pay off the deals I believe underground pressure is being applied to the 2k franchise via reviews.

With 2k you will get innovation, creativity, and an honest effort. This one is a no brainer. 2k baby. I seen there Nba 2k7 effort via video and it is amazing.
    neo geo system

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    Moving to modern gaming.

>>>punt<<<
    sorry--I thought since Xbox360 and soon to be PS3 was "modern" that this thread was appropriate in the classic forum, since the Xbox is now not "new gen" anymore.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    I would have to go with the 2k series. I think that the ea overall franchises have slipped. I also think that ther has been an overall underground conspiracy to slow the impact of 2k games buy giving medocre reviews to there products even when they are the more clearly better developed.

I laugh when I read some of the 2k reviews when the exclusitivity wasn't an issue 2k reviews were matching there product 9.0/9.5. Now with all the money and the need for sales to pay off the deals I believe underground pressure is being applied to the 2k franchise via reviews.

With 2k you will get innovation, creativity, and an honest effort. This one is a no brainer. 2k baby. I seen there Nba 2k7 effort via video and it is amazing.
    I am leaning toward buying 2K7, since they have produced the best Hockey franchise the past 4 years, but I have heard and read that the 2K7 game this year is practically unchanged from 2K6, and that EA actually has tinkered with and better improved their hockey game this year (NHL 2007). I dunno. We'll see what the polls says, and the comments--I trust you guys, my fellow gamers!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

c'mon--vote fellow gamers--help a brotha out with a tough decision..... 4 votes??? That's all you can muster???

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played both demo's and played both in my local gamestop.. and the presentation, and overall controlls are superior in 2k.. However, the one nice enhancement on NHL 07 is the right analog stick, is used for taking shots, but thats nothing major in my book. The new camera
    presentation that follows the action in 2k7 is GREAT.... so thats my reasoning for voting 2k7
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks all for your input---I bought NHL 2007, and I'll explain why. I went to Target because they had it on sale for $19.99 (reg. $29.99) and they were supposed to have NHL 2K7 for $19.99 (reg. price). I got there, and wanted to compare the two before a purchase, and noticed that they didn't have 2K7!!! The only one they had was NHL 2007! They said 2K7 hasn't come in yet. I was planning on buying 2K7 over EA's. I then noticed the sign on the sale price said "$10 gift card with purchase of NHL 2007"--so I bought it, and sure enough, they gave me a $10 gift card with the purchase!! So in essence, I got the $30 game for $10!!! Not bad huh?? I will still probably get 2K7 also eventually......

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Bit of a nit-pick here, but the 2K Sports line has absolutely nothing to do with Sega anymore. After the whole EA NFL exclusivity thing, Sega sold Visual Concepts to Take 2 Interactive, so it's all up to those two companies now. I trust Visual Concepts to make a good game though... certainly better than EA when it comes to hockey.

--Zero

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro
    Bit of a nit-pick here, but the 2K Sports line has absolutely nothing to do with Sega anymore. After the whole EA NFL exclusivity thing, Sega sold Visual Concepts to Take 2 Interactive, so it's all up to those two companies now. I trust Visual Concepts to make a good game though... certainly better than EA when it comes to hockey.

--Zero
    Didn't know that!! Thanks for the input!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was told by a friend of mine who has both, that he much prefers the 2k7 game better. All he said for EA's was that it looked much better.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life
    However, the one nice enhancement on NHL 07 is the right analog stick, is used for taking shots, but thats nothing major in my book
    I have a friend who bought 07 and absolutely *loves* using the analog stick for shooting. He thinks it's the best hockey game (and innovation) ever.

(Mind you he's a Habs fan though, so you have to take his opinion with a grain of salt ).

Personally I think it's pointless asking this crowd to offer their opinions on EA vs anything. EA will never win, so why bother asking? You're better off reading the reviews on gamerankings.com and guaging what each says about their respective features and then using your best judgement.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life
    However, the one nice enhancement on NHL 07 is the right analog stick, is used for taking shots, but thats nothing major in my book
    I have a friend who bought 07 and absolutely *loves* using the analog stick for shooting. He thinks it's the best hockey game (and innovation) ever.

(Mind you he's a Habs fan though, so you have to take his opinion with a grain of salt ).

Personally I think it's pointless asking this crowd to offer their opinions on EA vs anything. EA will never win, so why bother asking? You're better off reading the reviews on gamerankings.com and guaging what each says about their respective features and then using your best judgement.
    true.....

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I'd seen this thread a bit sooner. It's unfortunate to see that NHL07 isn't winning this poll, because it is - and I realize the significance of what I'm saying here - the best hockey game since NHL '94.

The right analog control is the biggest sports innovation in years...it makes the experience significantly more real. The very fact that the word 'innovation' is being used to describe a sports game should be enough to sell this one.

As if that weren't enough, the goalies' animations aren't canned. Pucks don't magically gravitate into glove saves. And perhaps best of all - the same strategy doesn't always work. The 2K series is very good, but it typically falls into a contest to see who can get the most one-timers. NHL07 is more real than that. It's more real than any hockey game I've played in a long time, maybe ever (and believe me - I know video game hockey).

If anyone passed this over simply because EA's name is on it, you're missing out on what will, if all is right with the universe, go down as one of the best hockey games ever.