Thread: I finally beat Final Fantasy 2J - easiest last boss ever!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I finally beat Final Fantasy 2J - easiest last boss ever!!!

So I've been playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 got the GBA. I loved the FF1 remake. I've never really been into FF2 because I hate the "levelling" system. Well last night I beat the main game, and was shocked how easy it was.

Highlight below to reveal spoilers about the last boss

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers below

The Emperor was SO easy. I can't believe it. There were a few tough battles on the way to him, but I killed the Emperor in two hits!

My first turn I had Firion attack with two swords, the Masamune and the Blood Sword. The Masamune did relatively low damage, but the Blood Sword did 7500 HP! I had the rest of the characters use spells to prepare the team for the battle - Blink, Protect and Shell.

Next turn, I told Firion to attack again and got the rest of the team to use offensive magic - Ultima, Holy and Flare... but they didn't need to. When Firion attacked with the Blood Sword again, the Emperor died. It was pathetic!

I was really looking forward to a more difficult final boss.
    Anyone else feel the same way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

The difficulty in both FF 1 & 2 for the GBA has been brought down from its original level.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And also you have to know that this weapon can do that ... It's not too strong if I remember well, and many people probably sell it to have money, or don't think to use it.

It's like Final Fantasy Legend 1 : at the final boss, I was pretty weak, and I tried a lot of things. A chainsaw ? Why not ? And BAM ! The boss died instantly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    The difficulty in both FF 1 & 2 for the GBA has been brought down from its original level.
    Was it that easy to kill the last boss in the original? I knew that FF1 was made much, much easier, but is the last boss in FF2J that different from the GBA version?

Quote Originally Posted by Spycee
    And also you have to know that this weapon can do that ... It's not too strong if I remember well, and many people probably sell it to have money, or don't think to use it.
    I used the aforementioned sword (that starts with BL) throughout the game since it heals your HP. I usually kept it equipped as my second sword because it acted almost as if it were an auto-regen. I was amazed the effect it had

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I just read a review of the PSOne version of FF2 at insertcredit.com

http://www.insertcredit.com/reviews/ff2/ffiiindex.html

It sounds much more difficult. I never had to worry about losing stats during the GBA version. That sucks!

Is the Famicom version more difficult than the PSOne version?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r
    Wow, I just read a review of the PSOne version of FF2 at insertcredit.com

http://www.insertcredit.com/reviews/ff2/ffiiindex.html

It sounds much more difficult. I never had to worry about losing stats during the GBA version. That sucks!

Is the Famicom version more difficult than the PSOne version?
    If you don't use magic for a while your magic goes down/etc. It's pretty tough to be balanced so you have to have your guys each over specialize in one aspect.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm fairly sure that the NES version of ff2j is harder then then the GBA or PSone versions. i read a few other forums some time ago that was kinda the same subject and i recall several people commenting that ff2j NES was harder then other versions as well. i beat it a few years ago myself and as i can't remember to much from it (i play so many rpg's theve all meshed into one in my head) i can tell you i don't remember it being a big pushover. on the other hand i don't recall it being overly difficult.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

FF2j was the hardest. When it was ported to the PSX and knocked the difficulty level down a few notches (same with FF1). When it was ported to the GBA they KO'ed the difficulty even more.

Who did you specalize with what in your party? Right now I forget where I am but I have the girl doing magic and I have the turban guy in my party, the other 2 guys are weapon users.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

The famicom version was MUCH harder then either of the remakes. you level up your stats/spells about 4x slower it doens't have autotargeting either.
    the one advantage the fami version had was you could use a little glitch to level up your weapon/shield every battle using a cancel trick for the first 3 charecters (this was fixed in future versions) although I must admit the final boss wasn;'t particularly tough when i got to him, but then I did heavy leveling up in the final area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kainemaxwell
    Who did you specalize with what in your party? Right now I forget where I am but I have the girl doing magic and I have the turban guy in my party, the other 2 guys are weapon users.
    I didn't really specialize anyone, I tried to make them all good at everything. Maybe that's why I disliked the game so much. If I were to play it again (and I won't!) I'd definately specialize them. Probably try to make Firion a magic/fighter, the chick magic and the other guy just a fighter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah even though I enjoyed the game FF2 on the GBA was probably one of the easiest RPG's I've played through.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r
    Quote Originally Posted by kainemaxwell
    I didn't really specialize anyone, I tried to make them all good at everything. Maybe that's why I disliked the game so much. If I were to play it again (and I won't!) I'd definitely specialize them. Probably try to make Firion a magic/fighter, the chick magic and the other guy just a fighter.
    Yeah for me I've got the girl with magic and the other 2 main ones fighting. I think I'm doing one the Dreadnaught missions so may be too late to really work on Firion being at least a white magic user too.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)