Game Boy
Genesis
Neo Geo
SNES
PS1
N64
PS2
PS3

When it came to trying out all the Pre-NES systems, for me it was the XEGS that shined. Games looked better than their Atari 2600 counterparts and there was still plenty of great games on the system.

NES is what I grew up with in the late 8-bit/early 16-bit era. Too many favorites to count it out.

Across all handhelds, Game Boy is just the one that has more classic favorites for it. Game Boy Advance was cool and had good looking games for a handheld, but just wasn't as comfortable as the original. I like my Game Boy games on the Super Game Boy.

Genesis was my first system. I really enjoyed the Sonic games, some of the cartoon character based games like Taz-Mania and Jungle Book were decent. Great shmpus on it too.

SNES hogged the attention from the Genesis once I started getting those first party titles that had the game save backup feature. Games seemed longer than the Genesis ones and action was still really good.

Neo Geo was a system I missed out on until later years, but the games look so nice and are so fun to play that I give it props for being a true arcade experience.

PS1 just has so many good games for it and such a large library that it has to make this list. From December 1999 to date I've spent more time playing this than anything else.

N64 was a system I was very excited about when I was first able to try it. Mario and many other favorite characters adapted to 3D well and a small handful of games was so good I just had to include it. I just love playing Super Mario 64, both Zeldas, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye and others just "one more time"

PS2 Out of the 6th generation consoles, I found the controller I was used to from PS1 being the most comfortable. That and the fact that this system got the most games and has so many good titles makes it have to be included. The only reason it doesn't get more play than my PS1 is just because I want to experience the other PS1 games I haven't played yet first in most cases. Still some series that moved on to PS2 are so good that I had to continue them as soon as I could.

PS3 Out of this current generation, this system gives me the most of what I care about. I like 1 player games rather than playing online. And I like still keeping my controller. I felt I just had to include one of the newer consoles on my list because let's face it. I play games from every generation. I like RPGs the most along with fighters, platformers and puzzle games. This system's got 'em. When it comes down to it, I just really like sticking with that controller design.