Game Boy
    Genesis
    Neo Geo
    SNES
    PS1
    N64
    PS2
    PS3

When it came to trying out all the Pre-NES systems, for me it was the XEGS that shined. Games looked better than their Atari 2600 counterparts and there was still plenty of great games on the system.

NES is what I grew up with in the late 8-bit/early 16-bit era. Too many favorites to count it out.

Across all handhelds, Game Boy is just the one that has more classic favorites for it. Game Boy Advance was cool and had good looking games for a handheld, but just wasn't as comfortable as the original. I like my Game Boy games on the Super Game Boy.

Genesis was my first system. I really enjoyed the Sonic games, some of the cartoon character based games like Taz-Mania and Jungle Book were decent. Great shmpus on it too.

SNES hogged the attention from the Genesis once I started getting those first party titles that had the game save backup feature. Games seemed longer than the Genesis ones and action was still really good.

Neo Geo was a system I missed out on until later years, but the games look so nice and are so fun to play that I give it props for being a true arcade experience.

PS1 just has so many good games for it and such a large library that it has to make this list. From December 1999 to date I've spent more time playing this than anything else.

N64 was a system I was very excited about when I was first able to try it. Mario and many other favorite characters adapted to 3D well and a small handful of games was so good I just had to include it. I just love playing Super Mario 64, both Zeldas, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye and others just "one more time"

PS2 Out of the 6th generation consoles, I found the controller I was used to from PS1 being the most comfortable. That and the fact that this system got the most games and has so many good titles makes it have to be included. The only reason it doesn't get more play than my PS1 is just because I want to experience the other PS1 games I haven't played yet first in most cases. Still some series that moved on to PS2 are so good that I had to continue them as soon as I could.

PS3 Out of this current generation, this system gives me the most of what I care about. I like 1 player games rather than playing online. And I like still keeping my controller. I felt I just had to include one of the newer consoles on my list because let's face it. I play games from every generation. I like RPGs the most along with fighters, platformers and puzzle games. This system's got 'em. When it comes down to it, I just really like sticking with that controller design.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

1st.Neo Geo
    2nd.PC-Engine
    3rd.Famicom
    4th.Genesis
    5th.PS2
    6th.Dreamcast
    7th.Saturn
    8th.GC
    9th.PS3
    10th.Wii

Insert Coin (Level 0) Final Boss's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. NES
    2. PS2
    3. SNES
    4. Mega Drive
    5. PS1
    6. Gba
    7. Gamecube
    8. PS3
    9. N64
    10. Master System

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

In this order:

NES. My starting system. Introduced me to Megaman. Instant first.
    SNES. So much of my life has went into SNES RPG's that it has to rank up here.
    Playstation 3. Why not PS1, because it can play PS1. First game for it was Legend of Dragoon. Always loved Playstation since.
    Nintendo 64. Goldeneye. Ocarina of time. How did this get in 4th place.
    XBOX. Guilty pleasure. Halo 2. Drunken LAN parties. In it for the memories.
    PSP. Moddable. Portable. Fits my big hands better than a DS.
    Vectrex. Oldie but goodie. I have spent hours trying to get the world record on Mine Storm. One of my all time favorite games.
    Dreamcast. Marvel vs. Capcom. Sonic adventure 2. All the wonderful shooters and fighting games. Great system.
    Sega Genesis. Just a classic. Thanks to the sonic games and castlevania bloodlines, it has made my list.
    3D0. I know right, such a bad system. Well, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, the best Wolfenstein 3d port, and Bust a Move put this on the list for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

1. Sega Saturn: Sega pretty much gave us their version of a Neo Geo. The system was great for playing arcade games and Sega had some pretty cool home games for the system as well.

2. SNES: I was a Genesis owner first and I didn't see the need to own this console the first year it came out. Man, was I glad I picked it up the following year, because there were so many greats on this little console that could. Genesis fans may hate on the SNES soundchip, but I think it sounds great.

3. PS3: I'm not talking about the gimped version they have now, I'm talking about the 60 gig model with 98% backwards compatibility. The original Playstation probably has one of the greatest selections of software for any console, outside of the 8-bit computers. There's something for everyone on this system, even the critics. Having a system that can play PS3, PS2 and Playstation 1 games is a great option.

4. C64: I know, some may call it just a computer, but this was my gaming console after the 2600 market imploded. Before there was MAME and ports to the Playstation, Dreamcast and such, this was my arcade playing console. The soundchip was amazing for its day and there's a lot of great games that show it off.

5. Genesis: I didn't actually buy the Genesis when it first came out, but I did purchase it from a friend who had bought one when they were giving away 2 free games. I came with Altered Beast, Phantasy Star II and Super Thunderblade (The SNES isn't the only console that has Super games). I was an Amiga gamer, before I bought this console, so I was pretty amazed at how polished the titles were. It was quite a step up from anything I'd played before.

6. Xbox 360: Some like to call it a PC in consoles clothing, but gaming is still in its roots. PSN is a pretty good network, but LIVE set the standards for everyone else to follow. While I do enjoy the retail releases for this system, it was games like Pinball FX2, Pac-Man CD and Geometry Wars that set the standards for downloadable games.

7. NES: When I'd first seen the NES at a local department store, I wasn't all that impressed. Yeah, the Duck Hunt game looked interesting, but I saw no reason to own ROB the robot. I was a C64 gamer at the time, and couldn't see a big difference in the graphics. Then I play Super Mario Bros Vs. at a Peter Piper Pizza gameroom. That was one of the most amazing arcade games I'd played in a long time and like Donkey Kong, it captured my interest and my tokens. There's a lot of great games on this system, from Capcom to Konami, this system had it covered.

8. Gamecube: What? You say. I can't remember a time (maybe the SNES) when a console would have several games that just floored you. Zelda: The Wind Waker may have had a broken ending, but the trip to get there was quite amazing. The animations, the music, the ingenious level designs, this was the Zelda I'd been waiting for. When I'd heard that a company called Retro Studios was working on the next Metroid, I said to myself, WTF?! After playing the game, I can say that not only did they do an amazing job, but this may be one of the best Metroid games ever made. Rogue Zquadron II, nuff said.

9. Dreamcast: If I'd made this list in 2002, this system would have been near the top. Phantasy Star Online was and probably still is, my most played game ever. Then you had soon to be classics like Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio. It had a lot of great arcade games as well. Many years later, a lot of the software has been ported or updated. Time hasn't been too good for the little white box that could.

10. N64: I seriously thought about putting another console here, maybe the VCS, or the Xbox, but there were a few titles on this system that I'll always have fond memories of. The N64 as a whole, was a disappointment for me, because it didn't feel like the SNES and a lot of the 3rd party support (like Square) moved over to Sony's camp. I still enjoy playing Pilot Wings, Wave Race, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, but some of the other titles haven't aged as well.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 04-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MetalMilitia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is my list in no order

N64
    SNES
    Saturn
    NES
    Dreamcast
    Genesis
    PS3
    PS2
    GBA
    Gamecube

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1) NES

It seemed like the system was around the longest and had so many good games for it. It started my love for video games and everything from the huge library of games, the quality first party accessories, the Nintendo Seal of Quality, to having it's own magazine, Nintendo Power.

2) Dreamcast

I never made it to the 32 or 64-bit gaming systems, but decided to get the Sega Dreamcast. The physical design of the system was very nice, I thought the controllers were great, and loved the VMU's that were like mini-gameboys. Shenmue was one of the best next generation video gaming experiences ever. I only had Shenmue and Resident Evil: Code Veronica for the system but they were both really great games to play.

3) Sega Genesis

Honestly, when I finally got around to buying the Genesis's first wave of games, I wasn't very impressed. Revenge of Shinobi had pretty muddy graphics. Golden Axe and Space Harrier were cool though. But once they started they're push against Nintendo the competition seemed to stimulate the quality of games. Sonic 2 and 3, Splatterhouse 3, Castlevania Bloodlines, X-Men, they were on a roll.

4) Super NES

Didn't want to admit it back then, but this was the ultimate 16-bit system. Even though they shied away from more adult themed games, it was rare to play a crappy looking SNES game. The design of the system was flawless, and it had the best graphics at the time.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
    I thought I already posted in this thread but it looks like I didn't so here it is. It's somewhat in order.

1.Snes
    2.Nes
    3.Gamecube
    4.Turbo Grafx
    5.Atari 2600
    6.Xbox
    7.GBA sp
    8.Genesis
    9.Sms
    10.N64

BTW I did not include psp or ds just because there aren't really enough games out to judge them. Otherwise they may have made the list.
    I guess I made this list 11 years ago. It would be a bit different now so I'll make a new one. Kind of surprised N64 made my list. Never been a big fan of that one.

10. PlayStation 2
    9. GameCube
    8. Sega Master System
    7. GBA sp
    6. Colecovision
    5. Super Nes
    4. Neo Geo Aes/Mvs
    3. Sega Genesis
    2. Nes
    1. TurboGrafx/ Duo

I tried to rank them but I really love the first 6 or 7 of them almost equally.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

SNES
    NES
    Saturn
    Turbografx/PC Engine Duo
    Dreamcast
    Neo Geo AES
    Playstation
    Xbox 360
    Sega Genesis/CD
    Playstation 2

360 makes it almost exclusively from Culdcept Saga. PS2 has very little in original software that I care for, but sweet lord, the arcade ports and compilations... Master System didn't make it due to most of its best stuff being available on disc/cart elsewhere save a couple of minor classics like Golvellius. I do greatly favor the 16- and 8-bit consoles.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

10. Dreamcast
    9. 3DO
    8. Gamecube
    7. XBOX
    6. Saturn
    5. SNES
    4. XBOX 360
    3. PS2
    2. Master System
    1. Genesis

Saturn was my youth Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Sega Saturn
    2. PC Engine
    3. Family Computer
    4. Dreamcast
    5. Super Famicom
    6. Mega Drive
    7. PlayStation
    8. PC Engine CD-ROM²
    9. X68000
    10. Neo Geo

Honorable Mentions and complete list here
    PCエンジン ■ セガサターン ■ シーディーロム² ■ プレイステーション ■ ドリームキャスト

Insert Coin (Level 0) stlgamer75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love these threads because it forces me to identify which consoles I truly care about. In no particular order they are:

NES
    Genesis
    Saturn
    Dreamcast
    SNES
    PS2
    TG-16
    Intellivision
    Colecovision
    Gamecube
    Check out my retro gaming blog - Cartridge Corner
    http://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

Console of the Month: PlayStation

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Atari 2600 - this is what made video games popular. Has a huge game library and lots of history, a very interesting system to investigate the life of

NES - this one brought the video game market back, in the USA at least, and made a lasting worldwide impact. Huge game library as well, many first-rate titles (some AVGN fodder as well)

Sega SG-1000 - This one started Sega out. There's just something so lovable about this little system.

Sega Genesis - my first ever console

SNES - what a great system!

PlayStation - the console I grew up on

Nintendo 64 - the first ever console I played, with Super Mario 64 in fall 1998

Dreamcast - the system denied a chance at success

PlayStation 4 - we get our TV through it!

Casio Loopy - this one gets in solely on its craziness

So many I had to leave out, such as Sega Master System and Saturn, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, the fully backwards compatible PS3 (all PS1, PS2, and PS3 games can be played. That's a HELL of a library)
    Last edited by WelcomeToTheNextLevel; 08-17-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

in order 1-10
    Sega Megadrive
    Atari VCS
    Sega Master System
    Sony PlayStation
    PC Engine
    Super Nintendo
    NeoGeo