Thread: Whoo hoo got the Jag games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Default Whoo hoo got the Jag games!

I had mentioned earlier that I was tryin to get these from my uncle and he said hed think about it.

Well hes moving and I talked him into taking an n64 with perfect dark in exchange fo his jaguar "which is fried" with the box and 2 controllers
    a boxed team tap
    cybermorph
    dragon bruce lee story
    dino dudes
    fever pitch soccer
    white men cant jump
    skiing and snowboarding
    troy aikman football
    theme park "VERY FUN"
    RAYMAN
    Alien vs Predator "One of my favorites"
    Tempest 2000 "Another cool one"
    Checkerd flag
    Iron Soldier "used to be cool till i played mech assault"

So I figure Ill either get ahold of a working jag unit and DOOM to reenact my teenage gaming days or trade this stuff off for other stuff I want.

Either way im happy.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah man, Jaguar can be fun. You got some good games too, and yes, definitely get DOOM it rocks on Jag. I also like Wolfenstein 3-d..its about perfect.

The CD I found to be really lackluster..the only reason I like my JagCD is for the VLM...the games pretty much blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I have had the urge to play highlander for jag cd for years. Dunno why Im sure it sucks just somethin i gotta do before I die.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

white men cant jump....... oh, youre in for a treat!

willie

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    I have had the urge to play highlander for jag cd for years. Dunno why Im sure it sucks just somethin i gotta do before I die.
    Some people actually like Highlander, but not me. This game is freaking HARD. It's presentation is pretty good, it has some cut scenes from the Highlander cartoon that I've never seen, and the graphics are decent for the time period. The control is horrid, and the mission isn't clear at all. I found myself wandering around alot and getting killed by the never ending attacks by the enemy. I was even getting hit by some projectile in which I had absolutely no idea where it was coming from. I got so frustrated with this game that I broke down and used an invincibility code, and an all items code, I broke my own code of video game honor by using these cheats just to see what the hell this game was about.

Let me tell you right now, Highlander is so Hard , that even with invincibility and all the items necessary to win, I STILL COULDN"T WIN! If you get Highlander, good luck my friend.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finished Highlander. I needed to use the invinc. cheat to do it. It is hard because the sluggish response of your character. I think it's one of the Jag's better games. It looks like a lot of work went into it. The prerendered graphics look great and the game has great atmosphere. It's pretty fun once you have the invinc. code. Highlander 2 for the Jag is supposedly finished and was/is just sitting on a hard drive somewhere. Highlander 3 may also be finished or at least worked on. Some people claim to have finished this w/o any codes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do yourself a favor and grab Ultra Vortek. I thought that game was pretty stunning. Sort of like a Mortal Kombat game. You actually got two of the best games for the system already: Tempest 2k and Alien vs. Predator. I used to collect for the Jag, and had almost a complete collection including a prototype. The sad part (and this is only my opinion, I don't need another Jag war) is that in my opinion only about 5 games max were actually any good. There were the ones I thought were ok:

Tempest 2k (of course)
    Alien Vs. Predator
    Ultra Vortek
    Iron Soldier
    Pitfall

Now that is only going by games I had played and owned. I never had Defender 2k or Battlezone 2k, didn't collect the CD's (played Blue Lightning once and puked) and didn't get some of the newer carts released. The only newer one I owned really was Battlesphere, and while it was ok I guess, I really couldn't get into it.

Actually I forgot one more. Telegames released Iron Soldier 2 on cart as well as CD, and it was pretty good as well...that is if you liked part 1. It was only missing the cd audio and opening sequence if I remember correctly.