Thread: "12 Days of J2Games.com" Holiday Contest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "12 Days of J2Games.com" Holiday Contest!

Happy Holidays Gamers!

The "12 Days of J2Games.com" Holiday Contest started on December 1st and we wanted to make certain all of our DP friends were aware! (now that the forums are back up!)

See the link: http://j2games.com/new/forum.php?add...php?board=32.0

Starting Dec 1st and running for the first 12 days of December, be sure to check out the J2Games Forums for our daily 'VideoGame Trivia' Question! Each correct answer will get you a chance to win that day's prize AS WELL AS the chance to win the GRAND PRIZE - 1 Messiah Generation NEX Game System WITH Wireless NES Controllers AND Wireless NES Arcade Stick (soon to be released!) AND Zapper Gun AND SMB/Duck Hunt game AND 10 other great titles! (whewww... that's ALOT of AND's in there!)

If this isn't enough for you, the daily prizes are really REALLY cool too! See the site for more details!

And stay tuned, all this trivia is leading up to our Spring '07 launch of J2Games "VideoGame Trivia" the board game! 1000's of questions from different era's in gaming built into one great board game! (expansions packs will also be availble!) Are you a gamer from the 70's, 80's, 90's? Are you 8-bit, 16-bit, cart or cd crazy? or are you a SUPREME GAMER that knows the industry inside and out? This game will help you prove it! (or give us all ammo to taunt you with!

Lastly, be sure to check the site. We've added Susan's "Token Female" column with a fresh new view on gaming from a girl gamer's perspective! (and she ain't soft!) Rob is still dishing it out on "Gamer's Unite" and managing to create more controversy (and a few headaches as he questions our existence!) And we just added our 42nd game system and games to inventory! (Neo-Geo AES, MVS and CD anyone??)

Happy Holidays and Happy Gaming from the entire J2Games staff!
    Be sure to check in on J2Games.com!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

That videogame trivia game sounds very interesting, I love videogames and trivia. Have you considered just making something like Trivial Pursuit style cards to be used with a standard Trivial Pursuit board?

Also, I tried to register for the forums, but I couldn't register because I was told I have an account, nor could I reset my password because my email address wasn't in the database.

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also had the same problem
    Feedback
    DP
    AA
    eBay

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hrumph.

Though I certainly can't claim any rights to the phrase "12 Days of Whatever," you caouldn't be anymore transparent if you tried.

Several years ago, I founded and ran the "12 Days of Atari" series of contests on AA. 12 days of contests that ran Dec 1 through the 12, building up to a grand prize on the final day. When I began frequenting DP more often, I brought the series here, running it for a couple of years as the "12 Days of DP Chistmas." Recently, GAC and others have run the contests here. The reason there was no contest this year was due to the unfortunate downtime. Nice to see you ripping off the concept and name - er, I mean - picking up the ball.

And the trivia game you mention? Jesus, don't you have a single original idea? Yet another concept of mine ripped off: The Game ON Retrogamer's Trivia Game was released at CGE 2003. 1,200 trivia questions on games from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. We sold 1,000+ of these retro videogame trivia games over the last 4 years.

Here's the freakin' order page, in fact. Still available:
    Game ON trivia game available from Digital Press. (In fact, your blurb reads eerily similar to our 4-year-old promos...)

And here's a mention on AA when we released it:
    Game ON Trivia Game to be released at CGE 2003

And unlike the 12 Days contests where all I can do is shake my head sadly and say "tsk tsk," I *will* be watching your trivia game release as I am creator, designer, and author of the original game and Digital Press was the publisher with all rights that implies. Steer mighty clear of those muddy waters, or - better yet - come up with an original idea rather than ripping others off. Namely me.
    Last edited by Sniderman; 12-04-2006 at 06:44 AM.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post
    Hrumph.

Though I certainly can't claim any rights to the phrase "12 Days of Whatever," you caouldn't be anymore transparent if you tried.

Several years ago, I founded and ran the "12 Days of Atari" series of contests on AA. 12 days of contests that ran Dec 1 through the 12, building up to a grand prize on the final day. When I began frequenting DP more often, I brought the series here, running it for a couple of years as the "12 Days of DP Chistmas." Recently, GAC and others have run the contests here. The reason there was no contest this year was due to the unfortunate downtime. Nice to see you ripping off the concept and name - er, I mean - picking up the ball.

And the trivia game you mention? Jesus, don't you have a single original idea? Yet another concept of mine ripped off: The Game ON Retrogamer's Trivia Game was released at CGE 2003. 1,500 trivia cards on games from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. We sold 1,000+ of these retro videogame trivia games over the last 4 years.

And unlike the 12 Days contests where all I can do is shake my head sadly and say "tsk tsk," I *will* be watching your trivia game release as I am creator, designer, and author of the original game with all rights that implies. Steer mighty clear of those muddy waters, or - better yet - come up with an original idea rather than ripping others off. Namely me.
    'Tis true, he was the man behind that here on DP. Plus, the card game he mentioned... very, very cool. Probably one of my best classic gaming memories was sitting in a hotel room at the DP party in 2003 playing the trivia game with everybody that showed up.

Carmen Sandiego, bitches! I'm amazed I still even remember that little part!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Sniderman, sorry you feel to strongly about our "ripping off all of your original ideas." We honestly had no clue any of these items existed previously.

We were trying to do something nice for our fellow Gamers and our customers this holiday season. We are finally large enough that we can afford to give more back to the community and have been doing that through sponsoring the different game shows around the country and running what we though would be a fun and lighthearted contest for the holidays.

It's unfortunate that you seem to want to rain on the spirit of what this contest and the board game are about.

Happy Gaming and Happy Holidays to you this season.
    Be sure to check in on J2Games.com!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J2games View Post
    Well Sniderman, sorry you feel to strongly about our "ripping off all of your original ideas." We honestly had no clue any of these items existed previously.
    Since the trivia game was released 4 years ago and isn't exactly advertised any longer, I guess I can see where that may have been missed. But the 12 Days contests have run here and at AA yearly at this time since 2001. It's interesting that you never noticed any of them running, as they are usually held within their own subforums.

We were trying to do something nice for our fellow Gamers and our customers this holiday season. We are finally large enough that we can afford to give more back to the community and have been doing that through sponsoring the different game shows around the country and running what we though would be a fun and lighthearted contest for the holidays.
    Indeed, and - as I said - I can't begrudge you that. But to use the same title for your contests - in the same daily format - on Dec. 1 through 12 - leading up to a big prize on the last day - let's just say that it's pretty disingenious to not even TRY to come up with something different or original. THAT'S what I'm irritated about. It's like if I started a website called "J3" then acted confused as to why you were annoyed with me.

It's unfortunate that you seem to want to rain on the spirit of what this contest and the board game are about
    "Rain on the spirit?" Nope. I'm raining on the pretty obvious plagarism you've done without even trying to hide it.

Merry Christmas back atcha.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Plaigerism is bad mmkay? Stay tuned boys and girls for an announcement on the OFFICIAL DP 12 Days of X-mas contest.

-GAC_CLAUS-

Locked.
    #vbender