Thread: Anyone know anything about the SuperLite 1500 Series (JPN PSX)

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Default Anyone know anything about the SuperLite 1500 Series (JPN PSX)

I am already well-familiar with the Simple 1500/2000 Series, but the SuperLite series I am having trouble finding much info about.

Anyone have a title list or something? I'm a big fan of the Simple series games so I assume the SuperLite is similar in concept. The only one I've played thus far is "Air Hooockey!" which was pretty fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well VGR is only about 1/3 into the JP PSX (2057 games ths far), but here's what we have thus far:

http://vgrebirth.org/games/search.as...identifiers=76

Using the advanced search function a user can sort by "series" like simple, superlite, psx the best, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

I think some of the games under that label were just cheap re-releases of previous games that Success was given permission to do. The only games of the SuperLite series I have are Advanced VG 1 & 2, both of which were re-releases. They came in standard cd cases, not the original thicker cd case, and with remade covers and booklets. The booklets were black and white and condensed compared to the original releases, which had more detail and color. The only difference I am aware of to the game itself is that when the game was played on console it ran a short FMV of the Success logo. It then resumed to play everything else as the orignal games had.
    Last edited by E Nice; 12-31-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have a SuperLite 1500 version of Strikers 1945 II and there's a full color booklet inside. The case cover & cd label were black text and pictures on a white background. I don't believe the games inside play different from the original versions. I have a couple of Arcade Hits version games and both have full color case artwork with black and white pictures and text inside the manuals. The PlayStation the Best versions of games I have contain full color booklets too.

None of those versions bother me much, but the only PSone Books version game I purchased was replaced soon afterwards. Though the case cover and booklet were in full color and I do believe the game plays identicaly to the original version, it's necessary to keep the contents in a plastic bag because the manual doesn't go into the CD case provided. Nor does there seem to be any easy way to switch the contents out into a standard jewel case! It's not a real big deal I guess, but I didn't care for it at all.