Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Playstation Store Updates Thread

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default PS3 Playstation Store Updates Thread

I'm not sure if this has already been started or not, if so just lock it up. I am a fan of PS3 and in time, there will be lots of updates to thier online store. I just wanted to start a thread about keeping up to date about whats available, reviews, and whats about to come out.

latest updates:

Gran Turismo HD v1.1: They updated the original free download to correct a few minor things, I don't think its anything too noticable. It's pretty sweet for a free download.

Jumping Flash for PSP: I thought jumping flash wasn't too bad of a game. $6 for a protable version to download onto your memory stick aint too bad.

Genji alternate costumes: This is also free but i don't know what the new costumes look like. I guess its worth the download if you got the game cause it doesn't cost anything.

well thats the latest I've seen available on there. feel free to discuss everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

cool info thanks. I guess I'll download those Genji costumes just for kicks since they are free. Gran Turismo HD is great demo especially for free. I highly recommend so long as your a fan of Gran Turismo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really hope they start adding some more game demos, one of full auto 2 and untold legends would be nice.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

We do need games. It is pretty sad when I spend most of my time on the PS3 playing GripShift.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has already been started or not, if so just lock it up. I am a fan of PS3 and in time, there will be lots of updates to thier online store. I just wanted to start a thread about keeping up to date about whats available, reviews, and whats about to come out.

latest updates:

Gran Turismo HD v1.1: They updated the original free download to correct a few minor things, I don't think its anything too noticable. It's pretty sweet for a free download.

Jumping Flash for PSP: I thought jumping flash wasn't too bad of a game. $6 for a protable version to download onto your memory stick aint too bad.

Genji alternate costumes: This is also free but i don't know what the new costumes look like. I guess its worth the download if you got the game cause it doesn't cost anything.

well thats the latest I've seen available on there. feel free to discuss everybody.
    I did not like the Gran Turismo HD v1.1 it is very Cheap made. So far i did not notice in PS3 any Good Car racing game . Rage racer and Gran Turismo is very Cheap made . I personally advice every one of you guys to try out the Blazing Angles game . it is simply fantastic game .

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jk2000 View Post
    I did not like the Gran Turismo HD v1.1 it is very Cheap made. So far i did not notice in PS3 any Good Car racing game . Rage racer and Gran Turismo is very Cheap made . I personally advice every one of you guys to try out the Blazing Angles game . it is simply fantastic game .
    Cheap in what way? GT:HD is also just a concept game. Its a very early build of the GT5 engine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Gran Turismo HD, I think, plays a lot like GT4. But you can't customize the cars in the HD demo so you kinda lose out. I think giving away GT HD reminds me of when they were giving away X-mas nights. Its a demo, but with a whole bunch of stuff to unlock and have fun with. Plus giving away free downloads of quality stuff will make PS3 sell more units. I would like to see them bring Castlevania: SOTN to the PSP through the PS Store.

Oh, and I checked last night, and there is some PS1 rally racing game available to download for PSP on the PS store too. I forget whats its called.

What does people think about blast factor? I think its fun.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hope they have some demos soon of some upcoming games that have had playable levels at the last e3 and stuff. Why don't we have a playable demo of Lair or Heavenly Sword? Both of those games are supposed to come out in March or April, so you would think we would get a 1 level demo for them soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

There is an update for GT HD btw. Its now at version 1.1 though I don't know what it changed.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just read on IGN that they are also going to be comming out with a multiplayer pack for Blast Factor. I don't know if anybody likes that one or not but it's gonna be $2.99. It aint out yet but it will be comming soon it says.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Nintendo Gamer; 01-24-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some cool Midway arcade classics are comming out "soon". Games like Mortal Kombat 2, Joust, Gauntlet 2, Rampage World Tour, Rampart and Championship Sprint

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/video_p...p=ces2007_live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Its been quite some time since this thread was updated, but I checked online and saw that 2Xtreme for PS1>PSP was available for download, and also there is a trailor for the game fLOW or however they spell it. Not too much happening for downloadable content just yet but i figured i may as well update this.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

There was a trailer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as well...

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Man, the Playstation store really sucks so far! They hardly ever add anything and when they do its some crap game for the PS1 -PSP business. Where are the great downloadable games? Where are some great demos? Any game trailers? Nothing! How can a demo for both NBA Street and Def Jam go to the 360 but not the PS Store when both games are coming out on both systems??!! Pick up the damn pace Sony! Well, I guess we can chalk it up as "we get what we pay for"?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    Man, the Playstation store really sucks so far! They hardly ever add anything and when they do its some crap game for the PS1 -PSP business. Where are the great downloadable games? Where are some great demos? Any game trailers? Nothing! How can a demo for both NBA Street and Def Jam go to the 360 but not the PS Store when both games are coming out on both systems??!! Pick up the damn pace Sony! Well, I guess we can chalk it up as "we get what we pay for"?
    I agree that its alittle strange that PS3 doesnt have download-able demos of these games in the 360 got it, but XBL is afaik a much better system since its been around for so long. MS have been improving it for years, PSN havnt been around for that long so just give Sony some time.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    PSN havnt been around for that long so just give Sony some time.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, it seems this excuse is a crutch. I mean, on one hand, somebody can say that the PSN is a brand new service, that XBL has been around for years, but honestly Sony has been able to look and see exactly what Microsoft has been doing with live, and they launched their system a year later, they should have had plenty of time to copy the feature set. I'm just not sure that this excuse should fly. They've known what they are up against. They should have had shit right from the beginning. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, but now I'm starting to get very irritated too. There better be some huge improvements in the March update. I'm basically going to hold off on any serious bashing until the March update. If they don't fix the 1080i scaling issue by the March update, they can go to fucking hell for all I care.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, it seems this excuse is a crutch. I mean, on one hand, somebody can say that the PSN is a brand new service, that XBL has been around for years, but honestly Sony has been able to look and see exactly what Microsoft has been doing with live, and they launched their system a year later, they should have had plenty of time to copy the feature set. I'm just not sure that this excuse should fly. They've known what they are up against. They should have had shit right from the beginning. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, but now I'm starting to get very irritated too. There better be some huge improvements in the March update. I'm basically going to hold off on any serious bashing until the March update. If they don't fix the 1080i scaling issue by the March update, they can go to fucking hell for all I care.
    To be honest i have no idea how long these things take to make, but im sure it will be better in time. The march update includes a fix so you can download in the background atleast

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

The PSP has been on a slow march of updates as well, but has definitely improving. I would expect a similar routine for the PS3, and perhaps the pace will increase after the first of the years, or at least when they have more systems on the market, as well as games worth playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I downloaded the Full Auto 2 Demo today. I'm just checking it out right now.