Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blockbuster World Video Game Championship II

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Acepuppy: You know I'm angry now because it LITERALLY changed every single signature of yours... I should have screenshot it! And now MAYBE I'll throw you a few bucks...

DreamTR: I should have clarified... What I meant was, I was going to start a thread in the Marketplace / Buy / Sell section offering the game for sale with what I wanted to get for the cartridge.

Only question is, what if two people hit me with the same offer? Who do I decide gets it? First come first serve? Should I do auction style?

PS to those of you interested, I noticed on some of the other posts, some people prefer to remain annonmous if they purchase the cart and that is no problem, I would be discreet if that is your preference...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever2600 View Post
    Acepuppy: You know I'm angry now because it LITERALLY changed every single signature of yours... I should have screenshot it! And now MAYBE I'll throw you a few bucks...

DreamTR: I should have clarified... What I meant was, I was going to start a thread in the Marketplace / Buy / Sell section offering the game for sale with what I wanted to get for the cartridge.

Only question is, what if two people hit me with the same offer? Who do I decide gets it? First come first serve? Should I do auction style?

PS to those of you interested, I noticed on some of the other posts, some people prefer to remain annonmous if they purchase the cart and that is no problem, I would be discreet if that is your preference...
    I still say EBay is the way to go and set the reserve at the amount you've gotten as takers on here.
    I am a collector of the classics (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So did you ever get takers 4ever2600?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I certainly did! I'm going to do a write up here and make my final offer to the people that offered to buy it, if they do not want the cart... It will go on Epay... Blah! Anyways, keep your eye on this thread (or a new one) and those of you who offered to purchase the cart, I'll be in contact soon! Thanks! - D

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just seen your pics

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever2600 View Post
    Well Sh!t Howdy! Somebody dig me up one of those collectors! I'll sell them MINE! As much as I'd hate to part with it, I could use the money!

I found these and read some not all, there are a couple of things did u say in this post u would sell yours for 1500 if they had the money on the spot. Any ways could use some more pics man The cart looks very dirty on the top part but could be the pic.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one copy of it, and I know Joe has a complete Sega Genesis collection so he has one. And Actually I think Nicola has 2 copies I believe, dont quote me on that. So thats four copies that I know of.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one too. Though I see more Asbury price randomness in this thread.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Not sure how to take that.

Well rainmaker nice price but I got esniped,I will have a complete collection after this cart. And YES a complete OUTBACK JOEY SYSTEM. I have made a price and we will go from there. This is my last cart to get,come on guys root for me. I would do the same for u seeing how I got esniped just last week on this cart. (esnipe.com is a program used for ebay) Terrible idea mainly because I lost.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

esnipe is much smarter, but you make no sense, you offer $4000+ for the cart, then won't pay $2000 for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to get too off topic here, but...

I read about so many people over the years that say that their Genesis (or SNES) collection will never be complete without these ultra-rare competition/championship carts. But why? Why should these be listed as games to complete the collection in the guides?

My point is, these are *not* retail releases. They had to be obtained a special way (ie: win a competition) and never available to the public in the way that retail games were. In my eyes, they are *almost* prototype status in a sense. I think they should be listed as such in the guides, and that a "complete" Genesis or SNES (or what have you) collection should consist entirely of retail games only. Games that could have been gotten by any average joe. Maybe these should be listed in a "Special" category in the guide. Maybe I should convey this message in the other forum regarding the guide

At least that is what I think about it. Awesome carts to have (I have SNES comp carts myself), but should not determine what a complete set for a said system is.

EDIT: Posted in the guide forum as a matter of fact. Any replies to this particular topic should go there. Thanks!
    Last edited by zektor; 10-23-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I LAWL'd.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's not get into the slippery slope that is a "complete" collection. Safest bet is going by retail releases. Once you start counting giveaway carts, prototypes and other random carts your going to extremes. There fun to own these games (personally have the snes ones) but I don't go out of my way to overpay for them either. If we start saying complete genesis, will we include the different variations such "sega classics" versions, paper box and plastic box versions, etc??? It's a road that never ends because someone will always want to be the "ultimate" collector by having everything for that 1 system.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asbury6647 View Post
    Well rainmaker nice price but I got esniped,I will have a complete collection after this cart. And YES a complete OUTBACK JOEY SYSTEM. I have made a price and we will go from there. This is my last cart to get,come on guys root for me. I would do the same for u seeing how I got esniped just last week on this cart. (esnipe.com is a program used for ebay) Terrible idea mainly because I lost.

I see you finally got around to finding a complete outback joey. Congrats!

That means you won't hound me anymore about buying mine?
    Last edited by All Things Sega; 10-24-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default All things sega,

Ha your right now I dont need to hound u about it anymore. But thanks for everthing,Make it rain/dreamTR what the heck is your problem,Ever post that I make u say negitive things in it about me. Its time to grow up and quiet posting unless its positive. But like I said before sorry we didnt do bussiness. Like I said if u want to post somthing about me or what I have to say make it positive because its pretty anonying.

TO HAVE A COMPLETE SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION U NEED A COMPLETE OUTBACK JOEY. DOES ANYONE ELSE DISAGREE.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Disagree

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default on what

not clear on what u disagree with?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG! ASBURY! Go back and look at the bottom of your OWN LAST POST... You said specifically, "DOES ANYONE ELSE DISAGREE" and the next guy said, "I DISAGREE"... Then you say your not clear on what he disagrees with... Wake up buddy! Your killing me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What I want to know is when the competition was going on.. how did people reach over 10million+ I won my store back in the day with around 3-4million. I have played the rom many times and can't even get over my original score. I remember there being a 1 million point bonus on the Judge Dred part but am I missing something how was it possible to get over 10mil? Can someone please answer me that because it's really bothering me. .

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

asbury: I'll get you on this because you reneg and go back on offers, then blame everyone else. YOu can't even read your own posts about things YOU bring up in here about "complete" collections. Complete is all relative to what everyone thinks, you'll still be missing titles like Baby Boom and who knows what else that you will not be able to find because they are one-of-a-kinds....it's whatever YOU think is complete.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I told u once

Im done with u, If u do have a problem with me we can do all of these face to face. At the next convention next year I will let u know what Im wearing and everthing. Im done arguing with u. So if u want to meet me no problem,and I can remember what I say, sometimes my nephew get on here and awnsers questions and acts like me.

IM DONE