Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar Tonelico premium box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ar Tonelico premium box

Did anyone jump through NIS America's hoops to pre-order the premium box of this? I checked their website on an almost daily basis before Christmas, and they kept saying information coming soon, and I eventually and temporarily forgot about the whole thing. Then I checked again yesterday, and it turns out I missed the window to get a reservation code. The whole thing is awfully byzantine.

Anyway, did anyone order the premium version? I'm really looking forward to the game and will be sad if I have to settle for the regular version. Maybe I'll get a premium one on eBay or something, provided that they aren't going too high...
    Feedback thread here

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it was weird...but yeah I got in on it.

your best bet...sign up for their mailing list

I learned that the hard way after missing the disgaea 2 pre-order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sucks.. I also missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just looked into it on eBay; there's one completed auction from a guy who will send the premium box as soon as he receives it; it sold for $103 shipped. There's also an auction for the same deal (ships as soon as the seller receives it) that ends in about a day that's currently going for $93 shipped.

As far as I can tell, the premium box comes with the game, an art book, and the soundtrack (I'm unclear about whether it actually comes in some sort of special box, as the name suggests). On gamestop.com they're offering the art book as a pre-order bonus, so it's possible that the only thing I'd be missing out on is the soundtrack, if I decide to go that route. We'll see.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I jumped through the hoops.

The last day to preorder was the 29th, and I totally forgot about it until that evening though.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Single Player Gamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pre ordered mine through Gamestop. It was just easier for me and I'm happy to get the art book. Either way I'm picking it up on the 6th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm kinda debating whether to pre-order this or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want the artbook and box, go to your local Gamestop/EB. I picked up a copy of this today at Gamestop for $49.99. It comes in the box with the game in the standard PS2 DVD case and the hardcover art book. So far, this seems to be the standard packaging. The box doesn't say "premium" anywhere. I haven't opened it yet, but it appears the only difference is that it doesn't have the soundtrack disc which does not appear to be part of the packaging anyways.

See this ebay auction to see what I mean:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ar-Tonelico-Limi...QQcmdZViewItem

According to the official website for the game, the pre-order comes with the artbook in the box, just as described above. I believe people are throwing money away on ebay for the so called "Premium" package because I don't think it exists. They are simply paying up to $50 extra just for a soundtrack CD.

On a side not, did anyone see that the NIS America online store closed 2/5/07?

http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20070206.html

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I purposely didn't preorder through NIS because I figured the special box would be available elsewhere. Looks like I was right.

As for the store closing down, what's the Rosenqueen shop? Are they simplying changing names? Very confused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked up a copy of the collector's edition of this game at my local EB. It was the only copy of the game that they got according to the sales clerk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    I just picked up a copy of the collector's edition of this game at my local EB. It was the only copy of the game that they got according to the sales clerk.
    It was. But the only way to get the soundtrack (with a beefy 35 tracks), was to order it through NIS. I don't necessarily see it as a collector's edition, but definitely as a nice bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll just wait till demand drops like a stone and buy a soundtrack from someone who hates it
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    I'll just wait till demand drops like a stone and buy a soundtrack from someone who hates it
    That's the spirit!

Yep, the soundtrack CD is not part of the deluxe set, it is merely a pre-order goodie from NIS like so many Soundtrack CDs. If someone pays a lot of money for THAT..well...well..no comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

So let me get this straight...

The regular version has the artbook.

The big deal was the soundtrack that NIS had as a preorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    So let me get this straight...

The regular version has the artbook.

The big deal was the soundtrack that NIS had as a preorder?
    Yes. This seems to be a recent trend in RPGs lately. Along with others like Magna Carta, many RPGs are getting "Deluxe" boxes. This is probably to coax RPG fans into pre-ordering, making them think that the "Deluxe" version they are getting is only for pre-orders.

Unfortunately, the other recent trend is that NIS RPGs and other recently released RPGs are getting clearanced off at Toys 'R Us and other stores for $9.99, so those of us pre-ordering these games are slapping ourselves in the face. Well, I am at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh...with the reviews on Ar Tonelico....even if you missed it, you're not missing much at all. Too bad really
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So not to dredge up this old thread from the past, but does anybody have any idea how uncommon this game is? Not to be a "OMGZ RARE HORDE 4 EBAY!!!" alarmist or anything, but there's no longer any listing for it on Gamestop's website, and I've seen a grand total of 1 copy at my local stores, which I bought today (using a birthday gift card to get around the whole "I hate retail price" thing).

I'm just a sucker for obscure RPG's in fancy boxes, even though I doubt I'll ever have time to make much progress on it in my lifetime..

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Putney View Post
    So not to dredge up this old thread from the past, but does anybody have any idea how uncommon this game is? Not to be a "OMGZ RARE HORDE 4 EBAY!!!" alarmist or anything, but there's no longer any listing for it on Gamestop's website, and I've seen a grand total of 1 copy at my local stores, which I bought today (using a birthday gift card to get around the whole "I hate retail price" thing).

I'm just a sucker for obscure RPG's in fancy boxes, even though I doubt I'll ever have time to make much progress on it in my lifetime..
    They're still around. You might be experiencing a local drought, which isn't uncommon. Pretty much all of the Cincinnati GS and EB stores have it, not to mention Micro Center-a place I never expected to carry oddball RPG games.

I don't forsee this game as becoming rare-the box and extra book might be tough to find in good shape later on down the road. I'd project the future rarity to be a 2 out of 10. We're to the point now that the really RARE games are the ones that slip through the cracks unnoticed. Rare RPGs are pretty much a thing of the past, methinks.
    Last edited by Oobgarm; 04-23-2007 at 06:54 AM.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    Rare RPGs are pretty much a thing of the past, methinks.
    I agree. I think Atlus and NIS America learned their lesson with the first printing of Disgaea. It seems they're not so conservative when it comes to deciding on how many copies to release anymore.

True "rare" RPG's may be a thing of the past...but perceived rarity and "in demand" RPG's are going to keep pushing prices up on ebay for a long time.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I agree. I think Atlus and NIS America learned their lesson with the first printing of Disgaea. It seems they're not so conservative when it comes to deciding on how many copies to release anymore.

True "rare" RPG's may be a thing of the past...but perceived rarity and "in demand" RPG's are going to keep pushing prices up on ebay for a long time.
    I'm not necessarily saying that I disagree with this theory, but you seem to be forgetting that when the first printing of Disgaea was around, places like Circuit City had it. The point is, it wasn't all that rare, either.

And for the record, I never saw Ar Tonelico anywhere like Circuit City and its ilk. Only at specialty game stores, and only some of them at that.
    Feedback thread here