Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times You Took Your Love Of Gaming Too Far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm. The times I bought obsolete computer equipment off eBay for way more than was intelligent (stuff that never got used) to be used as game servers. That was pretty much my first real encounter with retardedness.

Next, the time I bought a copy of a $70 game for $233 (X68000 Akumajo Dracula; I have two copies now and it'll be a while before I offload one, if ever - not at that price). Or the time I bought the whole (at the time) Samurai Spirits series, and have yet to play any of them outside MAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I called in sick at work 2 days straight, to take a day off to go down to Atlanta, GA. to pick up my Galaga cocktail. The second day was spent setting it up, doing little fixes, and I threw a little 'Galaga-warming' party.

Oh - and I was by myself, and this was in the middle of July, and it was 103 degrees outside, and I started sweating the second I opened the door on the truck I borrowed, thanks to the humidity.

Fortunately my boss never found out. I got a new job since then, anyway.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Definitely the day I bought my Saturn. The system was already on the way out at that point. I believe I paid a $100 used if I remember.

Well, it came with a copy of Puzzle Fighter II. Took the system over to a buddies house where I staying the night. Having never played the game before, we popped it in about 5 pm. Come 10 pm, we were still going.

The usual complaints from the parental units told us to go to bed, but we turned the lights out to make them think we were sleeping (oh how brilliant we were).

Come 2 AM, everything simply stopped working. Knowing little if anything about CD-ROM drives (Nintendo said carts were better anyway of course), we left the Saturn on the carpet the entire time. I'm amazed it held on as long as it did in the end looking back.

It wasn't completely dead though. The drive still worked in spurts, letting us get one or two games in before grinding to a halt. We eventually got frustrated and gave up.

It stands as my longest marathon session for any single game and the only time I've burned out a console. It was definitely dead, and thankfully the return policy let me exchange it (it wasn't my fault or anything, right?) and that exchanged console is still with me... off the carpet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lets see.

I remember skipping high school chem class to go play Everquest 1. I would tell my teacher to his face that I was leaving too, I wouldn't even try to hide it after a while. Ended up with a B in the class.

Lately, I've been checking ebay for anything Castlevania that I don't own, and I've been buying a lot of it that I can't afford, with a $1000 credit card bill looming over my head to top it off. Now I'm living in 20-30 degree february weather with no heat whatsoever.

I pissed of girlfriends many a time by not paying attention to them because of MMORPGs (Eq, Eq2, WoW)...usual stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelflack View Post
    I remember this one time when I played Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast for like 2 hours straight!
    I hereby nominate this for the "hardest of the hardcore" award

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I once brought a Virtual Boy on a hockey tournament with me - everyone else ahd their SNESes and Genesii... I wanted to be different
    Feedback
    DP
    AA
    eBay

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I used to play Final Fantasy III for a half hour before going to school back when I first got it. And then it was four hours each afternoon.

My god, I miss those days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Heh, I missed several days of school back in the day playing Goldeneye. I unlocked every code in that game myself, and beat the whole thing on 00 Agent, not bad for being 8-9 at the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've lost 2 jobs, delayed getting into 4-year college for I don't know HOW long, and had the odd 'no electricity', event every so often. Don't do it anymore.

Wrote up about it in an old issue of Retrogaming Times:
    here
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com