Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Default www.bidsville.com

How many of you guys use bidsville?

It appears to be free to sell on them

I wanted to see if it was worth my time to list a few items on their site.

anyone have any experience with bidsville.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have bought off of bidville, but never sold anything. It used to be totally dead until Yahoo! removed their free listings. There's more stuff, but the selection is pretty thin. I got burned once, but otherwise my dealings have been generally positive experiences. Prices tend to be higher from the start, because people just want to sell their stuff for a set price--but there is usually nobody else bidding against you.

It has been a year since I have bought anything off of there.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bidville...? (scratches head)
    Hey, whatever happened with the Gametz Trading Store? I heard they were going to start charging for their services, or forcing its users to pay a yearly subscription rate, or something.

JR

POST 17!
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes gametz is charging to use their service buts its not worth the money to pay so i relocated to tradegamesnow.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I use Bidville when I remember about it. It's how I met geelw over a year ago and I've had several great finds through there. It's odd...there are people that could make more on ebay (and you know they do by looking at their imported feedback) but they don't. I've gotten complete SMS games through Bidville for 45 cents each before.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default and it goes like this...

well, gametz is going strong- the # of subscribers has actually gone UP since they went pay "only" and got rid of the gamergarys (lol). actually they still offer limited free services, but weeding out the...er, weeds has actually been sort of a good idea. i've made a few really good trades there since things have gone upscale, lol. now if only their near brain-dead name tribunal crew would get their damn act together, i'd be really stoked...

as for bidville, i've found that a few of the sellers there either have ebay accounts (for more pricey stuff), don't have one (and don't want one), or have moved there (not wanting to pay any more listing fees and deal with the lousy customer service). at least 3 folks i've bought from on ebay have moved most or all of their auctions there after disputes with scammers and idiots leaving them bad feedback sent them packing after ebay left them hanging (or pulled their goods for really stupid reasons)

yeah, yeah, you can make a mint on ebeg through crazy bid battles, but the hassle sometimes isn't worth it for some folks. besides, it's good for some of you guys here to go poke around, as there are bargains to be had (as achika definitely knows!)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Default Re: and it goes like this...

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    it's good for some of you guys here to go poke around, as there are bargains to be had (as achika definitely knows!)...
    (and this whole time I was trying to keep bidville as my "secret weapon" and now the "secret" is out....)