Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I don't get it!!!

$50 games with no jewel cases.

$20 games with no manual.

$10 games with no manual, and a jewel case lable PRINTED IN Black & White.

Electronic Arts, one of the richest game publishers in the world, is complaining that they aren't making enough money. So they NEED to include in-game ads.

People who pay to play games they've already bought! This could be MMOs, or even games where you have to buy features not in the released game. You're paying $50 for a glorified game demo, people! And then paying to add features that should have been in the game to begin with.

Windows Vista. Windows XP. Windows 2000. Windows 98. Windows SE. Windows Me. Windows 95. Windows 3.11. Windows 3.1. Windows 3.0. Windows 2.0. Windows 1.0. DOS 5.0 DOS 4.0. DOS 3.0. DOS 2.0. DOS 1.0. I'm too old for this constant need for more of my money. !

Mark
    Last edited by cessnaace; 03-22-2007 at 08:32 PM.
    "We've come for your daughter Chuck"

-Beetlejuice

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cessnaace View Post

People who pay to play games they've already bought! This could be MMOs, or even games where you have to buy features not in the released game. You're paying $50 for a glorified game demo, people! And then paying to add features that should have been in the game to begin with.
    Depending on the circumstances, I have no problem with this.

Take Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, for example -- it's rumored that they'll be releasing a new hero and villain pack soon. To me this is a great concept.

Sure, these extra characters could have been included from the start. But there's a limit to the amount of resources they can devote to adding characters if they want to ship the game on time. It wasn't like they skimped on the amount of playable heroes in the retail version, there were something like 20. And honestly, why go overboard if the game turns out to be a dud?

Now that it's proven to be a minor hit they can use Live to draw from the limitless pool of Marvel Universe characters to keep the game fresh and fun. What's wrong with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$50 games with no jewel cases.

$20 games with no manual.

$10 games with no manual, and a jewel case lable PRINTED IN Black & White.

Electronic Arts, one of the richest game publishers in the world, is complaing that they aren't making enough money. So they NEED to include in-game ads.

Windows Vista. Windows XP. Windows 2000. Windows 98. Windows SE. Windows Me. Windows 95. Windows 3.11. Windows 3.1. Windows 3.0. Windows 2.0. Windows 1.0. DOS 5.0 DOS 4.0. DOS 3.0. DOS 2.0. DOS 1.0. I'm too old for this constant need for more of my money. !

Mark
    I don't get it. Are you saying the world doesn't have a need for new operating systems? We shouldn't have expansion sets for games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GillianSeed View Post
    Sure, these extra characters could have been included from the start. But there's a limit to the amount of resources they can devote to adding characters if they want to ship the game on time.
    Release a game "on time?" A game should only be released when it's ready. Battlecruiser 3000 STILL remains in a storage box in some deep, dark closet of my games collection. Take Two Interactive should have held onto that game until it was ready to be released. Instead it was rushed to store shelves to meet a release date, when it should never have been released to begin with!!! Ok, we're talking buggy software in the case of Battlecruiser 3000, still the priniciple is the same. Release ONLY those games that are finished!!!

While I'm on this tangent, there is another game giving me grief, bug wise. And that's Sid Mier's Railroads! I love the game, but it crashes alot.* I only paid $15 for it, not $50, but I expect more from Mier.

*Every time it crashes I'm in the process of laying track.

Mark

-Beetlejuice

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must wholehearted agree on the ripoff prices you noted. They're just as bad in other parts of the world, like here.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

...You forgot DOS 6.0 and Windows NT
    </nerd>

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Welcome to the commercialization of our hobby.

The Classic Gaming forum is over there.

/me points

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    I must wholehearted agree on the ripoff prices you noted. They're just as bad in other parts of the world, like here.
    Finally, someone who agrees with (at least some of) my opinionated opinions. !

Mark

-Beetlejuice

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    ...You forgot DOS 6.0 and Windows NT
    </nerd>

So I did. That makes my point even more strongly. 87,463 operating systems (and counting). !

Mark

-Beetlejuice

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    The Classic Gaming forum is over there.

/me points

Windows Vista "classic."