Thread: Ico

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ico

Well first I'm new to the forums and since I've lurked a bit and since I'm starting to get into collecting (I'm a newb ) I figured I'd sign up and start posting.

I've never played Shadow of the Collosus or Ico and from the sound of many gaming forums they have certainly built a steady following. I know Shadow is still being produced but Ico has been OOP for some time and I never seem to run into it at EB or Gamestop (any places in philly I know of that sell used games). I was wondering if anybody knows what price I could expect to pay for Ico on ebay and if it's good enough to pay the extra money instead of waiting to stumble over a used copy.

- Raymond

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to Half.com...and I see new copies start at about $35. They showed a handful of Ebay auctions and most of those seem reasonable (currently at under $20). I rarely use eBay anymore though I've bought a few things from Half.com recently (which is also owned by Ebay).

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Used to see Ico on the shelves all the time last year when shopping, maybe it's a region thing. You can pick it up for $10-15. Shadow you should be able to get for under $30, I got mine for $34 used and that was less than a month after it had come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

1000th post!!!!!!!!111111111

Anyway, I remember seeing ICO everywhere about at one point last year, I think I remember hearing it was re-printed. I picked it up for $20 at Best Buy back in 04 and saw it for cheap at EB/GS. I'm sure prices have skyrocketed, at least since SOC was released. I wasn't very fond of SOC, mainly because I hit every glitch imaginable, which includes (literally) falling through the last Colossi.

Very beautiful game, it's a true classic.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't care about Shadow of the colossus being a greatest hits, you can pick it up almost anywhere for 20 dollars. As for Ico, I found my copy about half a year ago at a McKays Used books story for 8 dollars complete if that tells you anything. Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Yeah, Ico got reprinted not long ago (just before SotC's rerelease) so the reprints are easy enough to find. Very artistic game but frankly, it bored the tits off me.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

Yeah this is a love/hate game. I loved it, but I'd like to let you know that it takes less than 6 hours to complete. Shadow of the Colossus isn't much longer. Short but sweet games...