View Poll Results: Do you think finding good stuff in the wild has all but dried up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, all I find are nasty, dirty old 2600's and Combat carts

11 84.62%
  • No way, I find all the best goodies in the wild!

2 15.38%

Thread: How dry I am...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How dry I am...

I don't know about you guys, but I stopped finding good/rare games and systems in the wild (yard sales, salvation army..etc) about a year or so ago. I only seem to find dirty SNES commons if that, and maybe the occasional LOOSE common Genesis cart. I just can't seem to find real "finds" anymore. Maybe this is because I live so close to Joe and he gets there before I do Or maybe, just maybe, people are just to wise as to what everything is supposedly "worth" nowadays and are just hording the games/systems or ebaying everything off. Is the art of game hunting in the wild become dry in your area?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your past your prime on the 16bit.. got to move to the N64/ps1 for rares in the wild.. I find it easier to find NES rares then SNES or Genesis rares.. ok.. forget rares.. uncommons.. and forget about TG16.. omg. They may not cost an arm and a leg online but I can't find them anywhere locally for any price.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny too, because I remember just about everyone I knew had the TG16 around here. Then the Genesis came along and the poor old Turbo pretty much bit the dust. But, still, I would assume out of all of thsoe games for the TG that sold around here I'd be able to find at least one in the wild. No dice there either. And Commodore stuff? Well, I see some beat up C64s every now and then. My last commodore score of any sort was a boxed c128 for $10 three years ago at a garage sale. Forget about Vic carts...nowhere to be found.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am assuming that many of these items got thrown in the trash.. I mean, who would buy a VIC 20 cart that has been in the attic when the new thing is DOOM? Last year I found 2 C64's 2 RGB monitors and a Apple IIe plat. setup with the trash.. Didn't find any carts.. might have been some in the black trash bag with the month old milk but I'll stop with the stuff outside the bag.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True. My mom (God rest her soul) threw away TONS of my stuff. All of my Colecovision games/system/controllers, Atart 2600 stuff...alot of very rare stuff. She didn't know these were going to be collectable..neither did I really. One thing is for sure: My kids will NEVER throw away their games! Even if I have to rent out a storage facility!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I so thought this was a question about personal lubrication.....

I still find stuff in the wild...I just have to look a lot harder than before...and more often.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I can still find Uncommon and once in awhile rare NES Genesis SNES carts but I have to look hard and lucky if I do once a month or so.

I have yet to find anything even remotely uncommon for Atari era stuff in the wild.

Best find like that is the Mattel Aquarius Home set with all the disc drives and whatnot boxed.

Im sure Joes "Collectors Corner" stuff didnt help us out any or the jackasses on Antique Roadshow.

Now every middle aged lady that frequents Garage Sales and Snot nosed punk with a Gamestop Card thinks they are Collectors and snap up alot of stuff in the wild.

I petition we Burn Joe alive for his sins.

any way maybe there should be a vote for once in awhile not completely dead but definitely has gone down hill last 2 years or so.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd vote but you don't have a Martini-dry level. . The oldest game I regularly find is NES games at Funcoland. Excluding Funcoland, all I can find is some XBox, GC, PS2, and various Gameboy. Even PS1 games are not easily found in the wild.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games