I am good for between 100.00-200.00
This past year I have made a promise to wait until prices drop. I has worked out well. I can't tell you the amount of games I purchased at used prices only to see them drop to 15.00 or less in less than a few months. Ex half life 2 and dragon quest at circuit city 10.00 apeice. I know all prices drop but the hype got me.

The monthly spending involves both classic and current. The thing that gets me is the X factor. example I was going to buy a sega cdx for about 75.00 plus shipping. I was beat to the punch by someone else. 3 months later I pick one up for 10.00 mint condition.

Even though I was bummed at missing the cdx for 75.00 I would have never thought I would have gotten it for 10.00.
that is one of probably 100 examples of wammies that I have experianced.

I am impressed at your attempt at finishing the nes collection. mighty impressive.

The one thing I have learned about collecting is to stop overhyping a rare item in my mind and just wait in time it will come to you at a much better price.

Another wild thought is I am willing to bet that there are two people on this site with nearly an identical collection where one paid two to 3 times more than the other. The other saved by being fiscally conservative an patient.